The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Mar 5, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #3,196 of 3,640
  My opinion is, although the G-cush pads make the can a little more comfortable (not a lot), they also make them sound immensely worse. What people think is an addition to the soundstage depth is really just an empty and hollow feeling that gets added to the sonics because the pads do push the drivers slightly away from your ears. I think it also adds reverberation to the sonics which is just bad news in my book.

I agree on this about the (G) cushions with the 325's.
You also lose all of the intimacy/impact of the sound signature, and the comfort between the (L)/(G) cushions is not all that of a big difference. As a matter of fact I found the (G) cushion a little warm on the ears after some time. Grado puts a lot of R&D in their design…I'm sure thats why the 325's come with the (L) cushions, where as the GS/PS come with the (G) cushions. I'm saying this from my experience with the GS1Ki's, which are made for the (G) cushions. Just my opinion.

Mar 5, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #3,197 of 3,640
I'm glad we all still agree that the G-Cush is more comfortable and has a bigger soundstage.
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 5, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #3,198 of 3,640
I'm not sure how much R&D went into the comfies, but they look pretty generic to me, and while I agree with Grado's choice of going with the G cush on the GS/PS 1000, I much prefer the L cush on my SR80i and Bushmills X, to the comfies they came with.

Mar 5, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #3,199 of 3,640
  I'm glad we all still agree that the G-Cush is more comfortable and has a bigger soundstage.
evil_smiley.gif

True, the sound stage is bigger, I just prefer the intimacy/impact with the (L), and they keep my ears a little cooler, but yes of course the (G's) are comfortable also being they are around the ear, but I personally don't have any issues with the (L's) on my ears.

I'm not sure how much R&D went into the comfies, but they look pretty generic to me, and while I agree with Grado's choice of going with the G cush on the GS/PS 1000, I much prefer the L cush on my SR80i and Bushmills X, to the comfies they came with.

I agree about the 80i's with the (L) cushions 100%.
I didn't actually mean the R&D with the (G) cushion itself, I meant the matching of the (G) with the GS/PS drivers. The GS still has some intimacy (not as much because of the wider sound stage, you really can't have both), but keeps its impact with the (G), where as the 325 doesn't. The 325's too me just don't sound like their supposed too with the (G), IMO. 

Mar 6, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #3,201 of 3,640
I find that if you just turn up th volume with the G's it's not a big difference.

I can't use them for more than an hour with stock pads so for me the increased comfort is totally worth it. I do understand that this will differ for all people though.

Mar 6, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #3,203 of 3,640
Maybe the G-cush gives you a little bit more depth, but at the cost of introducing the reverb, it's just so not even worth it.

Mar 6, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #3,204 of 3,640
  Maybe the G-cush gives you a little bit more depth, but at the cost of introducing the reverb, it's just so not even worth it.

Don't hear this "reverb."  Guess I'm just lucky.

Mar 6, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #3,205 of 3,640

Maybe I'm sensitive to it? I don't know. I really sometimes wish I didn't do the Golden Ears Challenge because now I'm noticing things I didn't notice before. My point, though, is I can definitely hear the extra space (not in a good way) that the g-cush gives you.

Mar 6, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #3,206 of 3,640

Maybe I'm sensitive to it? I don't know. I really sometimes wish I didn't do the Golden Ears Challenge because now I'm noticing things I didn't notice before. My point, though, is I can definitely hear the extra space (not in a good way) that the g-cush gives you.

I love extra space.  I think it's the second hit that does it.

Mar 6, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #3,208 of 3,640
  This is why I only take one hit!

Yeah, I am now officially too old for two hits  
tongue.gif

But I am totally fine with one
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2014 at 6:41 AM Post #3,210 of 3,640
My recent "mod" for Grado 325is. What I can say that G-cush Re way more comfortable than the stock ones. What I have noticed a bit is the fact that maybe sound moved slightly towards middle of the head, more than using the original pads. Have you noticed the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back