The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Mar 27, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #3,227 of 3,640
I decided to give these a try after finding that my amp has pretty good synergy with Grados. In my experience, I'd always thought they were too bright, but the EHHA seemed to tame my SR80s, but I think these  are still a little bright. I've been experimenting with pads though, because there's just something about the Grado sound that I keep coming back to. I think an RS1 is in my future.

Mar 28, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #3,229 of 3,640
I've heard both (non-i versions though); I thought the RS1's extra warmth was a bit more to my liking, and the price difference isn't that huge when buying used.

Mar 29, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #3,230 of 3,640
#17290 received today and first impressions are good. I got them on ebay from a seller who sold them as untested which I read as knackered, pics were of the box only etc. Anyway, they turned up today in perfect working condition, looking brand new!! The only downside was no pads but I have the sr80 so just used them. They're so new I think they may even require burning in. Any advice on burn in on these great cans?

Mar 29, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #3,231 of 3,640
#17290 received today and first impressions are good. I got them on ebay from a seller who sold them as untested which I read as knackered, pics were of the box only etc. Anyway, they turned up today in perfect working condition, looking brand new!! The only downside was no pads but I have the sr80 so just used them. They're so new I think they may even require burning in. Any advice on burn in on these great cans?

I saw that ad, but I was real dubious. Now I am sorry I didn't bid. I assume you got them at a pretty good price. Untested..no pads...hmmm gotta wonder how that all came together.

Mar 29, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #3,232 of 3,640
I saw that ad, but I was real dubious. Now I am sorry I didn't bid. I assume you got them at a pretty good price. Untested..no pads...hmmm gotta wonder how that all came together.

They were a complete steal considering the cheapest I've seen them is sell on eBay is £170. Was even seriously considering buying a pair from a head fier in the US until these cropped up. Based on his other items I'd say he buys wholesale lots of customer returns and these are either a pair someone bought and didn't like or a stores demo pair.

Mar 29, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #3,233 of 3,640
They were a complete steal considering the cheapest I've seen them is sell on eBay is £170. Was even seriously considering buying a pair from a head fier in the US until these cropped up. Based on his other items I'd say he buys wholesale lots of customer returns and these are either a pair someone bought and didn't like or a stores demo pair.

Congratulations! Seems like you got a nice deal on the 325's, enjoy them, there really nice headphones.

Mar 29, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #3,234 of 3,640
just got my hands on a pair of these for 150$. damn thats super cheap.
this is my first grado headphone, and im lovin' it
beerchug.gif

heard sr60,ms1,ms2,hf2 and only like ms2 and hf2 before.

thinking about modding it with maple wood cup. or, any other suggestion?

Mar 29, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #3,235 of 3,640
  just got my hands on a pair of these for 150$. damn thats super cheap.
this is my first grado headphone, and im lovin' it
beerchug.gif

heard sr60,ms1,ms2,hf2 and only like ms2 and hf2 before.

thinking about modding it with maple wood cup. or, any other suggestion?

Lucky, lucky you.....i payed double....

Mar 29, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #3,236 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by blinx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i did this mod with mine and they sound way better, it seems to make the mids less shouty and makes kick drums sound more punchy

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...light=325i+mod

I remember wanting to try that one but I couldn't find the PVC joint.

This is driving me mad, what is the essential mod everyone is talking about? All the links just take me to a single post asking for advice about replacing pads, it must have been moved or deleted or something.

Mar 29, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #3,237 of 3,640
This is driving me mad, what is the essential mod everyone is talking about? All the links just take me to a single post asking for advice about replacing pads, it must have been moved or deleted or something.

You mean venting?
It's about opening the cups and punching holes into the 'membrane' at the back, to allow for more airflow.

Mar 29, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #3,238 of 3,640
You mean venting?
It's about opening the cups and punching holes into the 'membrane' at the back, to allow for more airflow.

Haha thanks for the reply, I started reading the thread from the beginning and in about the first 4 pages there is constant reference to a mod everyone is trying but it's never named. All the links are long dead. With a bit of digging I think it's the tape mod which I found elsewhere. I'm no expert (just received my 325is today) but was under the impression they were already vented and it was a way to make the 80's and 60's sound more like the higher end models.

Mar 29, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #3,239 of 3,640
Haha thanks for the reply, I started reading the thread from the beginning and in about the first 4 pages there is constant reference to a mod everyone is trying but it's never named. All the links are long dead. With a bit of digging I think it's the tape mod which I found elsewhere. I'm no expert (just received my 325is today) but was under the impression they were already vented and it was a way to make the 80's and 60's sound more like the higher end models.

...Or that...

I think i remember a few instruction threads on the topic...
Grados are popular with modders, so i don't think all threads are down...

Apr 3, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #3,240 of 3,640
Had them for nearly a week now and put in some serious "ear time" and I can honestly say I love these headphones!! I was just wondering about the picture in the first post of a pair with a padded brown leather headband. Is this a bespoke piece or a purchase able item? I'd be interested in upgrading the headband on my sr80's which I still use outside the house (not willing to get my sr325is stolen or damaged!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back