The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Dec 29, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #3,077 of 3,640
  How do I register my serial number?

Here's with Grado but they don't seem to require a serial number.

http://www.gradolabs.com/page_register.php

Dec 29, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #3,078 of 3,640
On this fan thread? Enter your serial number in a post and the pixies will see it. I have yet to receive my members badges and poster though :wink:

Registered mine back in 2010 in this thread and haven't gotten mine either. Maybe next week.

Dec 30, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #3,079 of 3,640
Hi

Sorry been reading this forum for a bit but not posted before - I guess I should start with my so far short but I'm sure is going to be a long Grado life story.

I picked up my 1st set of decent head phones back in July - A pair of Gold 325i's sn number 8715. They are original from what I can tell. Having a fat head I find they get a little uncomfortable after about 2-3 hours so I went and got a new set of L and G pad's (I know the G's aren't meant to be great on them but I can listen much longer - I do notice the bottom end drops off a bit)

Shortly after picking up the 325's and after much pondering I managed to find a Aune T1 here in NZ locally and have been really happy with the setup on my PC - I'm currently running a 6n23p Reflektor tube and have a few more on the way.

I have a issue with the left driver at higher volumes - maybe 3 or 4 times now it seems to have jammed and I had to suck pop it back so will be investing in a pair of turbulent labs X's very shorty and most likely a re-cable when I can source the cable and connectors here in NZ.

After I picked up my 325i's my friend at work got bit by the bug too and he got his T1 about a month ago and the lucky bugger managed to pickup a pair of Magnums (80's with X drivers, wood cups, band and cable) all from turbulent labs for not much more then I paid for my 325's - we only just had a good A/B session and they do sound a little deeper with more low end then mine but the top end is more "muddled" I guess - not by any large margin the differences were small and we both ended up being annoyed with the fact that we would both end up trying to get another pair each as both had their merits and we liked both sets for different moods of music.

Anyway I'm starting to go on a bit and I'm sure most people have already moved on... To put it short Hello everyone,

Thanks
Mark

Dec 30, 2013 at 6:16 AM Post #3,080 of 3,640
Welcome.

The 325's are great headphones.

Dec 30, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #3,081 of 3,640
   (I know the G's aren't meant to be great on them 

Says who? For me the G-cush is an improvement. They were an improvement on my 325's, my Bushmills, and my RS1i's.

Dec 30, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #3,083 of 3,640
  Says who? For me the G-cush is an improvement. They were an improvement on my 325's, my Bushmills, and my RS1i's.

gcush on325s for me is a winner.

I think it was the Amazon reviews that lots of people slated them saying it will distort the sound etc - I ended up getting the cheap Zonk ones as they cost a fraction - maybe the story is different if you strap them to some 80's - Don't get me wrong I'm more then happy with the sound and I can wear them for much longer which sealed the deal for me on G's - I would like a bit more low end so might try the tape mod but I don't want the top end to drop off in my quest for more bottom end.

Like I said I might end up trying to sort out another pair for the days when I want more thump.

Mark

Dec 30, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #3,084 of 3,640
Jan 14, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #3,086 of 3,640
You either love the Grado sound or you hate it around these parts. I can't seem to get enough of it.

Jan 14, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #3,087 of 3,640
  This is like my 3rd post on here. I have been lurking for a few months now. I am a new Grado 325is owner #17347. All's I can say is wow! I am hearing things in some of my old song's that I did not know was there.

I experienced the same thing a few years ago.

That is one great feeling .

Enjoy your 325is

Jan 14, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #3,088 of 3,640
During all my years in this hobby, I have wavered and flirted with other phones, but seemingly have now returned to what started this adventure, the Grado.  I think I may have owned, or at least listened to, almost all the "top" headphones at one time or another, but there is something intrinsically appealing about a Grado and its house sound that makes me happy.  The other day I broke out my boxed, vintage RS-1 and immediately felt guilt for having neglected her. I don't think I will be as foolish again.  I'll just dance with the one who brought me to all this. 

Jan 14, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #3,089 of 3,640
gcush on325s for me is a winner.

I wish I liked them better with the gcush.. it's much more comfortable (and cool looking), but I like the 'immediacy' of the stock sound. I might give the gcush another shot with an amp down the road. Either way, I'm always impressed with the sr325is.

Jan 14, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #3,090 of 3,640
I wish I liked them better with the gcush.. it's much more comfortable (and cool looking), but I like the 'immediacy' of the stock sound. I might give the gcush another shot with an amp down the road. Either way, I'm always impressed with the sr325is.

I agree. I'm one who like expansiveness and separation. Around here, the gcush is described as something that opens the sound a lot more on the 325i so I thought they'd be perfect. Turns out it just felt super hollow and empty to me. The stock pads are completely my preference on these cans, but only after forcefully softening them up quite a bit through constant hand washes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back