The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Mar 30, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #121 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by legbone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
all right great dane! i remember you from another post. so how do you like them. i am slowly becoming a severe grado addict. rs-1's here i come.
blink.gif
i can't seem to put my 595's back on my head even though i think they are a great phone. my girlfriend loves them though, so i may have to give them to her.

edit: beautiful pics by the way. i really need to learn how to post photos.

Well, firstly, I don't think I could ever commit to using one headphone. I do plan to sell both AKGs even though I think the K240M sounds very nice...I simply don't need 6. I've yet to do a direct comparison to my HD 650 which seems to be the closest sounding. I won't do this for atleast 2 weeks. My 325i doesn't sound bright at all
confused.gif
-does this change?? My DT-880 I think has much more treble energy. I like a bright sound as long as its smooth...not sure if that makes sense(er, not distorted/sibilant).

Re the sound...bass:tight,but not deep...mids: gorgeous(325i vs 650)...treble: sounding a bit muted. I expect this all to change somewhat.

For posting pics I use photobucket. http://photobucket.com/register.php

Mar 30, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #122 of 3,640
yeah, i don't find my 325's to be bright either (i also like bright). some people say they are way too bright. i think they are just fine. it is interesting to hear (pardon the pun, it's too easy on this site) the 880's are brighter. i may just have to get a pair and jam out!
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 30, 2007 at 2:45 AM Post #123 of 3,640
The Grados are great for choral music, I use an array of Libera soundtracks to test for nusances that I know are there, I use the treble sung tracks to test the highs, if they pass this test I can tell how they will sound later with better definition and less effort to push out the sounds, they don't distort/flutter easily on the 325i as much as on the SR80 with similar burn in time. I had my 325i for a week now, so its got maybe 100 hours or so of burn in.
rs1smile.gif

If anyone needs a Beyer headband, My SR325i bros get first pick PM me to reserve, Beyer Germany has notifiy me that my order is on its way: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=230584

Apr 7, 2007 at 10:56 AM Post #124 of 3,640
Sr 325i #4755 reporting for duty
eggosmile.gif

Haha..adanac061, i am just one number before you, by theory, i am your big brother
orphsmile.gif

Bought this in January 2007. Wasn't plan to buy this initially, was actually checking out westone UM2 (since i was using UM1 before). But then after trying this beast on playing Eric Clapton's Tears in Heaven...... oh my god
basshead.gif
Bought it straight away !!!

Really love this headphone, the only thing that i hate is the not so good build quality. Just bought a imod recently from Mr. Vinnie (extremely good service by the way). And now i spend most of my weekend at home enjoying my new setup
580smile.gif

Apr 7, 2007 at 3:41 PM Post #125 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Re the sound...bass:tight,but not deep...mids: gorgeous(325i vs 650)...treble: sounding a bit muted. I expect this all to change somewhat.

The SR325i and HD650 are great compliments!! My HD650s are great at music that needs soundstage and bass. My SR325is are great for hard rock and compressed music. Wonder how many would join a 325i/650 club?
icon10.gif

Apr 7, 2007 at 10:28 PM Post #127 of 3,640
Quote:

Wonder how many would join a 325i/650 club?

Me If I had enough money
smily_headphones1.gif

I only have 595s and listened to 580s and 325i and was really impressed, but these cans need really good source to shine ( and think it should be a little warm for Grado's because they can be a bit aggresive, and could be bright, fast player to laid-back and sluggish HD580).

Apr 7, 2007 at 10:53 PM Post #128 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The SR325i and HD650 are great compliments!! My HD650s are great at music that needs soundstage and bass. My SR325is are great for hard rock and compressed music. Wonder how many would join a 325i/650 club?
icon10.gif

Hi,

I'm still breaking in my brain to the 325i. I was planning to listen to them exclusively for a couple weeks and then my AE-2 arrived and I couldn't help myself and had to break out the others. I tried my Darth Beyers frist then the 650. I still haven't compared my DT-880 to the 325i but I'm thinking the 880 will still have its place,I think it has such a nice airy sound.

At this point I still prefer the 650 for most music, probably because they've been my primary cans for so long...and they're easily more comfortable.

I'm listening to less and less rock these days, mostly classical & jazz (female vocals hit the spot!) - the 650 does this so well.

I'm in the club for sure. Davesrose for president, btw, I've enjoyed reading your replies. I tend to agree with you, we must both have good taste.
600smile.gif

Apr 8, 2007 at 10:14 AM Post #129 of 3,640
Quote:

I'm in the club for sure. Davesrose for president, btw, I've enjoyed reading your replies. I tend to agree with you, we must both have good taste.

ok folks, but what if you had to live only with one of these cans?
IMO sr325i can be too harsh and can't be used as all-arounder, of course it's not only rock-can but you know it can't handle with everything like HD595s can.
Anyway I agree that HD580(600,650) and sr325i are great compliment to each other.
Great Dane can add DT880s which probably are dark horse of these cans.

Apr 8, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #130 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by bbird1927 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sr 325i #4755 reporting for duty
eggosmile.gif

Haha..adanac061, i am just one number before you, by theory, i am your big brother
orphsmile.gif

Bought this in January 2007. Wasn't plan to buy this initially, was actually checking out westone UM2 (since i was using UM1 before). But then after trying this beast on playing Eric Clapton's Tears in Heaven...... oh my god
basshead.gif
Bought it straight away !!!

Really love this headphone, the only thing that i hate is the not so good build quality. Just bought a imod recently from Mr. Vinnie (extremely good service by the way). And now i spend most of my weekend at home enjoying my new setup
580smile.gif

Wow ..big brother..more like twins. Never expected a number so close to mine to show up. So where in the world does #4755 live?

Apr 9, 2007 at 2:39 PM Post #131 of 3,640
# 5030 here. Count me in as an official member too. Listened to the 325 (not i version), Ultrasone 750, and Ultrasone 2200 at the local dealer and greatly preferred the Grado's. They had more clarity, transparency, and detail compared to the Ultrasone's. And surprise, surprise, I found the Grado's with standard bowls more comfortable too; the Ultrasone's are too vise like for me...long live the Grado 325i.

Apr 12, 2007 at 6:35 AM Post #132 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by adanac061 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow ..big brother..more like twins. Never expected a number so close to mine to show up. So where in the world does #4755 live?

more like twins = totally agreed
biggrin.gif

I am in Australia. But i bought this from Taiwan (during my holiday trip there)
600smile.gif

Honestly, wasn't plan to buy any headphones. But once you put this beast on and try it ---> no way you are gonna walk out from the store empty handed
very_evil_smiley.gif

You guys should know what i am talking about
580smile.gif

Apr 12, 2007 at 6:43 AM Post #133 of 3,640
Just curious, without any changes to my current setup (laptop, cmoy), how significant of a difference is there between the 325i and the 225's? Is it worth the upgrade, or should I just save up for RS-1s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back