The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Mar 25, 2007 at 3:23 PM Post #106 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmysilvers /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The sound with SR325 is a lot more detailed, there is a little more sound stage and the bass is a well WOW, the bass becomes less of a background sound and more of an instrument (if you know what I mean).
smily_headphones1.gif

I was just listening to Brian Eno’s “Another Day on Earth” where there is a lot of subterranean bass. Coming through my SR325i’s it was tight, powerful and very extended and as you said the bass is very defined and distinct as an instrument. Whipping out my HD580’s I was curious for the comparison only to be presented with a bloated non-descript rendition, which didn't go nearly as low, on to my dearly beloved K501’s the notes were missing.

Mar 25, 2007 at 5:21 PM Post #108 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by blinx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nah, he doesnt sell them at a store anymore, only online

Does he come on Head-Fi ? he is a major Grado fanboy too judging by his site and recommendations.

If he sells online that means he has stock too ...!

I have known some sellers selling completely new unopened box Grados 30-40% less than MSRP, I don't know how they do that if they are not certified Grado distributors ?

Mar 25, 2007 at 10:02 PM Post #111 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by adanac061 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow.. seems like us canadians really love the 325i...
with:

EdT from Montreal

Rob80b from Toronto

Jimmysilvers from Kingston

jayehs from Waterloo

me from halifax....

Cuz us Canucks have our feet solidly planted in the ground, getting the RS1 was $315us more for me, enough for another pair of 325i and SR80 and I doubt the RS1 sounds 2-1/2x better ! that said anything beyond the 325i or even the SR225 for that matter in my opinion is at the level of diminishing returns and merely paying for asthetics and prestige. Kind of reminds me of a Mont Blanc ballpoint pen, the $300 pen is only as good as it's $10 refill !

Mar 26, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #112 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmysilvers /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just did a comparison between SR60 and SR325 un-amped into my ipod shuffle, I was not expecting to notice a difference, thinking the shuffle would not provide enough juice, but surprising the difference is night and day. The sound with SR325 is a lot more detailed, there is a little more sound stage and the bass is a well WOW, the bass becomes less of a background sound and more of an instrument (if you know what I mean).

You can see the phones I have owned in my sig and of all of them, there have only been two which have truly made me simile with joy when listen to them for the first time and they have both been Grados.

I think I am in love
smily_headphones1.gif

Yup. I tested SR80 vs SR325i with my umamped ipod nano at bay bloor radio. This was important factor to me since i wasn't sure if i was going to get a portable amp and i wanted to know if there's any difference from an unamped portable source. Like you said it was very noticeable and bass was much much better. Even my gf noticed the difference between them and said "this black one (referring to sr80's) sucks. get the gold one!" I just wish she had her ibuds with her so she could compare that to sr80. I don't think appreciated the sr80's very much since she only compared it to 325i's..

Mar 30, 2007 at 12:34 AM Post #114 of 3,640
I've had them home for 4 hours now but my house is too noisy to give them a listen. I want it to be a special time for me and my new babies
rs1smile.gif

Before the night is over I'll no longer be a Grado virgin
tongue.gif
Yes, this is my first time. I shall report back after listening.

Mar 30, 2007 at 12:51 AM Post #115 of 3,640
Congrats! Wow! Looks as though you got yourself a great looking pair! Not everyone does ya know.

I did! I did!! I did too!!! Anyway.....

Hopefully they will sound as good as they look!

Mar 30, 2007 at 1:14 AM Post #116 of 3,640
Congrats on your 325i's, not to pull a veil over your enthusiasm, but does your pairs have these defects on one side of the C forks ?
dsc00023qc5.jpg

I also see nicks or burrs on the rim near the "G" and "E" on top of the word PRESTIGE, can you feel them when you run your finger on them, mine is a little worse than those.
IMG_0478.jpg

Mar 30, 2007 at 1:49 AM Post #117 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats! Wow! Looks as though you got yourself a great looking pair! Not everyone does ya know.

I did! I did!! I did too!!! Anyway.....

Hopefully they will sound as good as they look!

Thanks. I'm listening now with a compilation test CD. Comfort is odd but not bad. They don't sound too bright to me. I'm only on track 8, so far, so good.

______

EdT,

Yes, mine do have the defect that is in the top pic (I've read that topic). Mine doesn't seem to be that bad but that is a close-up. I hardly noticed on mine. There is a slight burr where you mention in my pic...I don't think I would have ever noticed that (gee thanks a lot
biggrin.gif
)

I'm fairly picky but the mold flaws don't bother me. They will sound the same and if they don't crack apart or fail otherwise because of this I'm good. I think they look great. The headband quality is very good.

I've put my DT-880 & HD 650 in my aluminum beyer box to chill for a few weeks. These newbies will be good.
eggosmile.gif
I'm listening with my Micro Amp which I'm liking better than my Central Station ( the Micro w/ xfeed is warmer).

So, whats the story on burn-in for these? - 2,000 hours??
blink.gif

Mar 30, 2007 at 1:58 AM Post #119 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by adanac061 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome new member #27

Enjoying that fresh, out of the box, grado smell. ?

Hey cool I made the list
biggrin.gif

The leather smells nice. mmm, dead cow
rs1smile.gif

edit I figured I better change my avatar if I wanna be in the club ' lol

Mar 30, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #120 of 3,640
all right great dane! i remember you from another post. so how do you like them. i am slowly becoming a severe grado addict. rs-1's here i come.
blink.gif
i can't seem to put my 595's back on my head even though i think they are a great phone. my girlfriend loves them though, so i may have to give them to her.

edit: beautiful pics by the way. i really need to learn how to post photos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back