The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Aug 19, 2007 at 8:20 AM Post #361 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This months budget was blown on cd players and amps so only hads a few bucks left to spend on the these.

So i bought a beyer dt770 headband pad (i knew it would be a tight fit due to the wide leather band but a bit of effort soon got it on with all 4 studs fastened) and of course the essential hd414 pads.

SS850016.jpg

are my eyes deceiving me? your housing is silver instead of the typical gold of the 325i.

anyhow, i recently received number 6148. can't believe that i waited this long to try the 325i since they sound quite good to my ears. the level of detail in the highs remind me of the ety er4p where it seems like the highs are unnaturally boosted to give details without being too harsh. i'm liking what i hear so far though. bass is just the right amount with the stock bowls and the highs are the so detailed while retaining the grado signature mids.

Aug 20, 2007 at 4:21 PM Post #365 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjumper78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm thinking about replacing the stock pads with gs1000 pads for more comfort. where can i buy them?
also, will it improve the sound at all?

I beleive this is what you're looking for.

http://www.ttvj.com/index.php?main_p...oducts_id=1057

However from what I read here you won't improve your sound and may infact loose some bass.

Aug 20, 2007 at 4:29 PM Post #366 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjumper78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm thinking about replacing the stock pads with gs1000 pads for more comfort. where can i buy them?
also, will it improve the sound at all?

I think you might want to read this first. I can verify that most of it applies to the MS-2i as well, and probably moreso to the 325is.

Aug 24, 2007 at 2:11 AM Post #367 of 3,640
#5751 reporting in for duty! I love the headphones. I'm on a hunt for a better cable, probably the silver dragon (for Jazz purposes). I am also searching fo bowls that offer the same performance but maybe a little more comfortable then stock! Any suggestions?

I also have the leather pad that goes on the Beyer DT770 Pro's on order to add a bit of headband comfort!

Aug 24, 2007 at 4:20 AM Post #372 of 3,640
In that case, you should stretch out the headband....don't worry about breaking it...it's made from bendable metal. Eventually you'll find something that's comfortable that won't allow the headphones to fall off your head.

Aug 24, 2007 at 4:27 AM Post #374 of 3,640
have you tried flats? it might sound crazy, but to me, the flats are definitely more comfortable than bowls, plus the extra bass from the flats is nice
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back