The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
May 28, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #271 of 3,640
Just for fun I hooked up my 325is to a Shuffle G2. Putting aside the absurd look, it’s a marvelous combo. The 325is are almost as dynamic and transparent with the Shuffle as they are with my Panasonic SA-XR55 which is my main HP amp. I like this amp because it’s all digital and provides a paneless window into the music. For most it's far too bright, but for me with 325is it's a surrealistically synergistic combination. This may explain why my friends say I look like a deer caught in the headlights after listening to music for an extended period of time.

May 30, 2007 at 7:59 AM Post #272 of 3,640
Just got my 325i's....#5686

Aloha friends!

May 30, 2007 at 8:00 AM Post #273 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrookR1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone else own the SR-80s? If so, have you noticed a "veil" when comparing them to the 325is? It's not a Sennheiser veil by any stretch of the imagination, but I could swear I can hear a very thin wall of rice paper compared to the 325s. Man...these things are so crisp. I was thinking about moving up to the RS-2s shortly, but I understand they have less detail. I'm not sure I want to give that up!

I've got SR80's and SR325i's, but just got the 325's today...after they burn in I'll listen for it and let you know.

May 31, 2007 at 9:03 AM Post #274 of 3,640
Hey man, I'm the newest member...gimme my props!

LOL!
3000smile.gif

May 31, 2007 at 9:46 AM Post #275 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootleg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL!
3000smile.gif

Ok,

Welcome new owner of 325i.

Things you should know.

1) The tape around the pads mod works, and gives more bass.

2) If you get tired of too much detail and highs, buy some flats.

3) Taking the button off of the mesh doesn't make any sonic difference.

4) The drivers may fall off one day , don't be scared, just glue them back on
wink.gif

May 31, 2007 at 1:05 PM Post #276 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootleg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL!
3000smile.gif

Welcome Bootleg...I'm pretty new myself...got my 325is about 3 weeks ago.

Jun 2, 2007 at 2:39 AM Post #278 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by Varma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My SR 325i number is # 5635. This is my first Grado Purchase. Till now burned around ~70 hours. Sounds very good although little uncomfortable for long hours.

Try switching the bowls with flats or comfies. They take away some of the details and highs but offers more bass. More importantly, the comfort on the headphones are greatly increased by using these ear pads instead of the stock bowls.

Jun 3, 2007 at 12:15 AM Post #280 of 3,640
I need some help friends.

I am taking my first giant leap into headphones and what not and I'm trying to find the best amp to go with the grado 325i's that I'm getting for my birthday (I got a great girlfriend huh?). Anyway, the only way that I have to listen to them right now is the monitor jack out of my crown amplifier and I don't think that it's gonna do these headphones justice. So my question is what is a relatively inexpensive headphone amp (<$200) that is going to make these things shine? I'll be working off a computer's digital out to a really high end DAC, so I'll have a pretty decent source. Thanks.

Jun 3, 2007 at 12:43 AM Post #281 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by geckopunkstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I need some help friends.

I am taking my first giant leap into headphones and what not and I'm trying to find the best amp to go with the grado 325i's that I'm getting for my birthday (I got a great girlfriend huh?). Anyway, the only way that I have to listen to them right now is the monitor jack out of my crown amplifier and I don't think that it's gonna do these headphones justice. So my question is what is a relatively inexpensive headphone amp (<$200) that is going to make these things shine? I'll be working off a computer's digital out to a really high end DAC, so I'll have a pretty decent source. Thanks.

I don't have much advise, but what I can say for sure is this:

The 325i's do not sound amazing on my current system like the RS-1's do. But they sounded good when I was usiing the Juli@ straight , and Juli@ + my amp. So, in conclusion, aim for an amp known for being warm, not neutral or analytical (Ie: tube amp) or else the 325i's will sound bright and harsh.

Jun 4, 2007 at 9:34 PM Post #282 of 3,640
#3416 here. I gotta ask something, what adapter are you guys using with these? I just have a Radioshack type 1/4-to-mini adapter, just thinking whether I should get the one that Grado also makes - if it will make a huge difference. Thanks.

Jun 11, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #283 of 3,640
Hi, new guy here
tongue.gif

(been lurking a long time though)

Just got my SR325i today - #5684

Loaded it up my Luxman hybrid amp, which I'd best describe as warm and VERY musical (though lacking a bit in power), so I thought I'd made the right combo ... damn treble nearly sawed my head clean off
frown.gif
... every bad thing I'd ever heard about Grado seemed to have been true -
Then I tried on my Vincent hybrid headphone-amp (which I was planning to sell since it in combo with my Senn HD600 puts me to sleep) - Presto .. match made in Heaven - aggressive yet civilized
rs1smile.gif

Point being.. If you don't like these phones on first try .. change your amp - it might make one hell of a difference.

//Peter

Jun 11, 2007 at 9:04 PM Post #284 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by puppets /img/forum/go_quote.gif
#3416 here. I gotta ask something, what adapter are you guys using with these? I just have a Radioshack type 1/4-to-mini adapter, just thinking whether I should get the one that Grado also makes - if it will make a huge difference. Thanks.

The Grado adapter is very good, and worth the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back