The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Feb 13, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #2,731 of 3,640
Quote:

That's worth checking. My nearly new 325is developed a nasty rattle after about a week. I took them off for just a moment ... and a bug crawled out.

eek.gif

Oh dear... I guess it's better than a hog crawling out...  that would be something else.

Feb 15, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #2,732 of 3,640
All is well and they are now fine. I followed earlier advice and gave the mesh a good push and they are as right as rain.

Think I'm going to take the buttons off for purely aesthetic reasons. 

Feb 15, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #2,733 of 3,640
Quote:
All is well and they are now fine. I followed earlier advice and gave the mesh a good push and they are as right as rain.

Glad to hear it.

Feb 15, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #2,734 of 3,640
Quote:

eek.gif

Oh dear... I guess it's better than a hog crawling out...  that would be something else.

Great!, now i'm going to remember this everytime i put my headphones on, thanks
eek.gif

Feb 15, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #2,736 of 3,640
Quote:

There's no need to be afraid. I killed the bug!

I think they were worried about the hog...

All I thought of was the song.."The Bug" by Soul Coughing off the Batman and Robin OST
www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbcwBhni5YQ

Feb 16, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #2,738 of 3,640
Quote:

If you put the cups into a saucer of hot water the buttons will fall off and most of the glue as well. Glad my ,give it a push advise, worked.
regular_smile .gif

Feb 16, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #2,740 of 3,640
Long time Grado Fan.

I have had my SR325is for a few years now. I never really got into using them that much. The sound is terrific, I think it is the comfort factor that gets to me.

Ii used the regular pads it came with, matter of fact have gone through two pair while using my SR80 and the 325's.

I used the comfy ones for about 4-6 months and just recently did the reverse hole mod. They sound great but hurt my ears after a few hours.

I have been putting off buying the G cush because it seems ridiculous to pay so much for some pads...

I was very very wrong....

I really enjoy the G cush pads with the phones. The comfort factor is incredible.

The sound is slightly different. The L cush puts you right in the band, you are standing with them.

The G cush is like stepping back about 5-10 steps. The sound is SLIGHTLY diminished, however I enjoy it more.

I use a Fiio E10 on high gain with bass boost on. I just crank it up slightly.

The left channel is about 5 Db lower for some reason. I readjust on my laptop.

I use ot on my samsung tablet galaxy 2 and it is just terrific with a Fiio E11.

I recommend for those who delayed buying the G cush but have comfort issues, to go for it.
It is a worthwhile purchase.

Feb 17, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #2,741 of 3,640
+ a lot.

Feb 17, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #2,742 of 3,640
I like this can but I just can not seem to be able to handle in for linger than 30 minutes, at a time. just too bright on a few tracks. Anybody else have this issue and how did you manage to solve ?
Was planning to have it to complement my ps500
Ps500 have zero issues with it

Feb 17, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #2,743 of 3,640
I like this can but I just can not seem to be able to handle in for linger than 30 minutes, at a time. just too bright on a few tracks. Anybody else have this issue and how did you manage to solve ?

Feb 17, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #2,744 of 3,640
Hi to all, I guess I wanna join the club of the owners, #11447
As for the sound and general impressions on these great phones, well I'm not yet sound-literate enough to say much. They are my first "real" headphones and I have yet much listening and lerning to do. I enjoy them very much, that+s for sure! :) I have ordered FiiO E07k to use mainly with laptop and sometimes as portable amp. Has anyone tried that combo yet? I'd like to hear impressions. Also, I didn't buy the official 1/4"-1/8" cable adapter, I have some cheapo, does it really matter?

Feb 17, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #2,745 of 3,640
Quote:

I found that when using 325i's with my Magni and the G-cush pads they were too bright, but with my modded X-fi in my computer they are fine.  I use the reversed L-cush with the Magni and it sounds fine.  I guess it depends on what amp you are using.  I have also been playing around with G-cush/T-shirt mod and it seems to knock a little of the edge/sharpness off the brigthness. Basically stretch T-shirt material over the driver before putting the G-cush on.  Need to do some more A-B testing to see if it holds true for my different amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back