The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Feb 2, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #2,716 of 3,640
Quote:

Using the G cushion with the 325 does not change the sound in any way. 

I purchased the (G) cushions for my 325is, and 5-6 hours later traded them for the grado extention cable.
I left my thoughts about them on (Grado SR325is + G Cushs) thread. I know everbody has different taste in sounds, but to say the sound didn't change the sound in any way!!!

Feb 2, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #2,717 of 3,640
Quote:
I owned 325i s for a year, and while I loved the sound, I just got tired of the narrow sound stage. I took the buttons off, which opened up the sound some, then went to G cushions. I love the wide Open sound stage. Sounds come out of nowhere. I think what they are being played through makes a big difference in how they sound. I'm using a denon 4308 receiver, which, according to denon (I called them) puts out 600 ohms into the headphone jack. They couldn't tell me, how many volts, or watts. I really can't imagine anything sounding much better. Maybe a little more bass slam. That's where the rs1 excels

Welcome to the 325i + G-Cush club.  
regular_smile .gif

Feb 2, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #2,718 of 3,640
Quote:
I first purchased the (G) cushions for my 325is, and 5-6 hours later traded them for grado extention cable.
I left my thoughts about them on (Grado SR325is + G Cushs) thread. I know everbody has different taste in sounds, but to say the sound didn't change the sound in any way!!!

+1
I am using the G cush with my modded x-fi on my computer and really like the bass and expanded stage.  However with my Schiit stack the highs get too peircing so I switch back to reversed L cush and they sound fine.

I have an Asgard ordered and will see how it goes.

Feb 3, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #2,719 of 3,640
Quote:
I purchased the (G) cushions for my 325is, and 5-6 hours later traded them for the grado extention cable.
I left my thoughts about them on (Grado SR325is + G Cushs) thread. I know everbody has different taste in sounds, but to say the sound didn't change the sound in any way!!

You are right, I had another little test with the L-cush and the G-cush just moved the driver a little further from my ears. I mean to say that the character of the SR325is doesn't change because indeed there is a change in the sound.

ADD: I have broken one of the little pegs that hold the gimbal to the driver housing. Any ideas how to get the piece lodged in the driver housing out? 

Feb 3, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #2,720 of 3,640
Quote:

You are right, I had another little test with the L-cush and the G-cush just moved the driver a little further from my ears. I mean to say that the character of the SR325is doesn't change because indeed there is a change in the sound.

ADD: I have broken one of the little pegs that hold the gimbal to the driver housing. Any ideas how to get the piece lodged in the driver housing out? 

You will most likely have to split the driver from the cup, this is very easy with the aluminum cup, just take a blow dryer and heat the cup with the driver face down, pull them apart and push the broken tit out. Then clean both surfaces off of any old glue and use hot glue to join them together.

Feb 3, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #2,721 of 3,640
I'm listening to my 325is with my Bose speakers playing the same music and the combination is orgasmic.  Its like I have the best of both worlds.  The intimacy and detail of headphones with the fullness and stage of speakers

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #2,723 of 3,640
325is #10,397 owner here. My setup consists of a Fii0 E07K amp/DAC plugged into a macbook pro. Really great cans. Does anyone else have this same can/DAC setup? I was wondering what EQ settings others have used. To me, the bass sounds a bit weak. Any advice? Currently mids are set to 2 and bass is set to 6 and it sounds good.

Also, I was considering washing my stock headphone pads in fabric softener to make them more comfortable. Does anyone not recommend doing this?

Feb 13, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #2,724 of 3,640
New but slightly concerned Grado 325i owner here. These were an ebay purchase but in as new condition (200 hours use). They look in great shape but I have noticed that when I touch on an around the 325 button and grill on the right cup there is a crinkle sound - even when not plugged in. This is not always apparent when listening but with bass I can hear it. Is there anything directly behind the grill that could be causing this? I don't think there is anything wrong with the sound reproduction it just sounds like there's something rubbing/causing friction in there.

Any help greatly appreciated as to weather I can fix this easily or if they need to go back - I really like them and got them for a good price (UK price at least) so am hoping I can fix it.

Thanks,
Ben

Feb 13, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #2,725 of 3,640
Quote:
325is #10,397 owner here. My setup consists of a Fii0 E07K amp/DAC plugged into a macbook pro. Really great cans. Does anyone else have this same can/DAC setup? I was wondering what EQ settings others have used. To me, the bass sounds a bit weak. Any advice? Currently mids are set to 2 and bass is set to 6 and it sounds good.

Also, I was considering washing my stock headphone pads in fabric softener to make them more comfortable. Does anyone not recommend doing this?

I've used Dove soap and warm water to good effect.

Feb 13, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #2,726 of 3,640
Quote:
New but slightly concerned Grado 325i owner here. These were an ebay purchase but in as new condition (200 hours use). They look in great shape but I have noticed that when I touch on an around the 325 button and grill on the right cup there is a crinkle sound - even when not plugged in. This is not always apparent when listening but with bass I can hear it. Is there anything directly behind the grill that could be causing this? I don't think there is anything wrong with the sound reproduction it just sounds like there's something rubbing/causing friction in there.

Any help greatly appreciated as to weather I can fix this easily or if they need to go back - I really like them and got them for a good price (UK price at least) so am hoping I can fix it.

Thanks,
Ben

Although I have not experienced this problem, others have.  It may be a stray hair that has gotten inside.  Perhaps gently blowing it out with some compressed air in a can.  I think folks call it "grattle".  You might do a search on this site.

Feb 13, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #2,727 of 3,640
Quote:

Thanks,
Ben

Hi,I have had a similar problem with some woodies i made for mine,turned out i had not put enough glue round the grill,a bit more hot glue fixed it for me.Unusual for 325's to have this fault as they seem to use loads of glue on this model,i know cause i had to put mine in boiling water to seperate the cups.I doubt if you will fix it without taking them apart,not hard to do.Try pushing the button in a bit,might distort the grill and help it fit.Shame to send them back if you got them for a good price,not easy if your in the UK.
Good luck.
I have put Vibrolabs Classic cups on mine now,takes them to another level alltogether..

Feb 13, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #2,728 of 3,640
Thanks for the reply. Good to know there might be a logical and none too sinister explanation for the noise. I will be keeping hold of them. I've had a great listening session today with them through my newly acquired Aune T1 tube amp/dac. I'm new to headphone hifi and the level of detail experienced through this combo was superb.

Feb 13, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #2,729 of 3,640
Quote:

Thanks,
Ben

I had a similar problem with my SR80i but after removing the right pad I saw a hair stuck in the driver and pulled it right out, no more grattle.

Feb 13, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #2,730 of 3,640
Quote:
I had a similar problem with my SR80i but after removing the right pad I saw a hair stuck in the driver and pulled it right out, no more grattle.

That's worth checking. My nearly new 325is developed a nasty rattle after about a week. I took them off for just a moment ... and a bug crawled out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back