The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Aug 26, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #2,401 of 3,640
THANKS Gwarmi!!! 

Ah the rubber black rings.... they were part of my early minor mods. It was based on another user where they found the rubber rings could control the vibration, which resulted in more and tighter bass. The mod is cheap and does achieve more bass IMO but nothing significant. I took it off for a while until I switched up to the Bagel Pads which made my Goldies look tiny. So I threw them back on to make it more balance in weight and shape. Pretty satisfied with it, enough bass, tamed highs.. definitely a Grado Gem 
beyersmile.png

Aug 29, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #2,405 of 3,640

Quote:
The problem is that the grado adapter is out of stock on Amaazon...
And Amazon is the only way i have to get my products

Unfortunately, you can't consider eBay this time around.  There's a vendor selling a knock-off version of the Grado adapter for $8.99 + approximately $2.00 in shipping charges.  The adapter features a short length of cable to allow for some flex so you don't bust the plugs on your amp or portable music player.

During my last Grado purchase, I stocked up and ordered 2 of the adapters along with a few pair of pads.  I figured since my shipping was free if I purchased enough products, I could hold onto them for a bit until I needed them and wouldn't have to pay $5.00 in shipping just for a pair of ear pads in the future.  However, my order did get messed up due to a problem with me getting a pair of previously opened Grados.  The company offered to replace all the  items upon their next shipment from Grado which was less than a week away.  It was at that time when they also got the adapters back in stock, so I asked the guy to add two adapters to the replacement order and requested to have the adapters placed on the credit card I made the order with.  However, due to the inconvenience, they threw both adapters in for free.  

Now, that's a company I'll do business with again in the future.

Aug 29, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #2,406 of 3,640
Stuff live these adapters go in and out of stock all the time so I'd just wait until its back in.  I just looked though and on the US site anyway, they are available.  Plus, dont' forget to look at the 'other buying options' tab which shows you other vendors selling products.

Sep 1, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #2,408 of 3,640
If you are worried about getting genuine products, eBay is a shifty place.  I see the words "like" in titles and descriptions a whole lot.  sometimes just in the description.  I would spend the extra couple of bucks at one of the supported vendors on the side of the page.  Accessories don't jump that drastically in price.  I don't waste my time saving 5 bucks when I am not sure of the vendor.

Oct 15, 2011 at 10:54 AM Post #2,410 of 3,640
Oct 18, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #2,411 of 3,640
#8914 reporting in. 

Listened to these at lunch today, compared to a set of Grado SR-80i which I own. Walked out saying I would save up, sell some things, and get them in a couple months. 2 hours later, I am listening to them at work. Can't wait till these break in, fell in love with what I heard at Audio Consultants down the street. 

Oct 18, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #2,412 of 3,640

love these!!! just bought them a month ago, they're the new shiny chrome looking ones. i was gonna buy cheaper grados, but i wanted the metal :)

Oct 20, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #2,413 of 3,640

Quote:

love these!!! just bought them a month ago, they're the new shiny chrome looking ones. i was gonna buy cheaper grados, but i wanted the metal :)

You will not regret it. These are for me a long time love and they still do miracles to music once in a while. 

Oct 25, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #2,414 of 3,640
Oct 25, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #2,415 of 3,640

Quote:
Signing in with my #7942

Looks like you got one with the new finish.  Is it a powder coat type finish?  I haven't seen that finish in person yet.  I think it's the same finish as the new PS500 has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back