The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Nov 30, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #2,431 of 3,640
Just received some 325is today. Ordered them on black Friday for a too good to pass up price. $227 shipped. Out of the box I am liking them with the little time I've had. Gonna let them burn in overnight and while at work and listen in between for the next week or so. They sure are pretty with the metal. I have the 80i which I love and initially not hearing a ton of difference except for more highs.. I do love the feel/weight of them..as someone said pages ago..the plastic of the 80i and 225i always felt so flimsy to me..not a deal breaker flimsy, just flimsy.

The serial number is #5919

Nov 30, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #2,432 of 3,640

Quote:
Just received some 325is today. Ordered them on black Friday for a too good to pass up price. $227 shipped. Out of the box I am liking them with the little time I've had. Gonna let them burn in overnight and while at work and listen in between for the next week or so. They sure are pretty with the metal. I have the 80i which I love and initially not hearing a ton of difference except for more highs.. I do love the feel/weight of them..as someone said pages ago..the plastic of the 80i and 225i always felt so flimsy to me..not a deal breaker flimsy, just flimsy.

The serial number is #5919

Welcome aboard!

They take awhile to burn in, a little sharp in the highs and the bass is not fleshed out over the first 100 hrs I find.

Your dog avatar looks strangely like a distant cousin of my dog!

Dec 3, 2011 at 7:25 PM Post #2,434 of 3,640
Serial Number #9446 reporting in!

Just received my brushed-aluminum 325is yesterday, and I can't wait to get them broken in. Apparently they don't come with a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter, though, and the one I have is total rubbish.

I've already had the SR-80i for about a year, and LOVE the difference already. Yeah, they're not 100% better than the 80's, but some recordings do show a noticeable improvement with these.

Wondering if I should ever look into pads/distancers with them though. I may start with an inexpensive headband mod of my own design just to lift a little weight off the ears. It worked really well for the 80's...

edit: actually the painted powder gray, not brushed-aluminum

Dec 3, 2011 at 7:30 PM Post #2,435 of 3,640

Quote:
Serial Number #9446 reporting in!

Just received my brushed-aluminum 325is yesterday, and I can't wait to get them broken in. Apparently they don't come with a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter, though, and the one I have is total rubbish.

I've already had the SR-80i for about a year, and LOVE the difference already. Yeah, they're not 100% better than the 80's, but some recordings do show a noticeable improvement with these.

Wondering if I should ever look into pads/distancers with them though. I may start with an inexpensive headband mod of my own design just to lift a little weight off the ears. It worked really well for the 80's...

Another popular headband for a straight fit is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro headband for about $10, fits over the stock unit.

I found that for the SR80i it was an easy fit, but I had to take out the comfort foam for the 325i as the stock headband
is thicker on the 325i.

Dec 4, 2011 at 9:05 AM Post #2,436 of 3,640

Quote:
Welcome aboard!

They take awhile to burn in, a little sharp in the highs and the bass is not fleshed out over the first 100 hrs I find.

Your dog avatar looks strangely like a distant cousin of my dog!

i never find the highs too bright on my 325s...but then again i use a tube amp lol. tube amps really bring out the best in any grado. and ive heard basically every grado headphone in their main series except the ps500 and the 325s are still one of my favorite pairs in the line, they are very hard to beat for the price and even the rs1 aren't much better. never selling my 325. love them too much 
tongue.gif

Dec 4, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #2,437 of 3,640
Felt this might be the right place to ask!  I was planning on getting a pair of 325i's for christmas.  How's the bass compared to the SR60i's?
Hoping to add a serial number to the list soon! ^^

Dec 4, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #2,438 of 3,640
Subscribed..........big fan!

Dec 4, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #2,439 of 3,640

Quote:

I use a Hosa cable adapter.  Model MHE-100.5.  Sweetwater has it for under $5 with free shipping.  It's nothing fancy, but it works and I'm cheap.  I like the right-angle mini adapter.  Puts less stress/leverage on the mini jack, especially when used on a portable.  Better than using those solid one piece adapters.

Dec 5, 2011 at 3:12 AM Post #2,440 of 3,640

Quote:
i never find the highs too bright on my 325s...but then again i use a tube amp lol. tube amps really bring out the best in any grado. and ive heard basically every grado headphone in their main series except the ps500 and the 325s are still one of my favorite pairs in the line, they are very hard to beat for the price and even the rs1 aren't much better. never selling my 325. love them too much 
tongue.gif

My pair now are really sweet and sibilant free ~ this was awhile back when my source was either an Auzentech Bravura or Essence STX.

The V200 has a slight amount of warmth and the Rega is quite warm too ~ but it sounded great out of a V181/V800 combo this week too,
 nice and sharp without ever becoming strident then again the recordings were mint.

Dec 5, 2011 at 5:14 AM Post #2,441 of 3,640

Quote:

I use a Hosa cable adapter.  Model MHE-100.5.  Sweetwater has it for under $5 with free shipping.  It's nothing fancy, but it works and I'm cheap.  I like the right-angle mini adapter.  Puts less stress/leverage on the mini jack, especially when used on a portable.  Better than using those solid one piece adapters.

That looks perfect. Thanks for the recommendation!

Now I wish I had the kind of budget needed for a decent amp, but I've never heard anything else but mine, so I may not know what I'm missing. Right now just using a CMoy OPA2132 in a stylish Honey Altoids can. Gonna check out that Beyerdynamic headband; that seems a little nicer than what I had at first intended. Winchester shooting earmuffs are cheap and have a fairly comfy headband, but it's cheap vinyl, and that Beyer would be about the same price. Thanks, Gwarmi!

Dec 10, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #2,443 of 3,640
Hey people, I lurk a good bit here. The 325is will be my next purchase as I've been wanting them ever since my Alessandro MS-1's died a slow, twisted cable death.
Been getting by with $20 Sony MDR-XD100 and Sennhieser CX 485 which to my suprise sound better than I expected them too.
How big a difference in sound would you guys say from the MS-1 to the 325is? And can anyone post pics of the new powdered gray color?

Dec 10, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #2,444 of 3,640

Quote:
Hey people, I lurk a good bit here. The 325is will be my next purchase as I've been wanting them ever since my Alessandro MS-1's died a slow, twisted cable death.
Been getting by with $20 Sony MDR-XD100 and Sennhieser CX 485 which to my suprise sound better than I expected them too.
How big a difference in sound would you guys say from the MS-1 to the 325is? And can anyone post pics of the new powdered gray color?

Are you planning of running your new 325is out of an amplifier of sorts?

Dec 10, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #2,445 of 3,640
Not initially, someday I'll get a tube amp. Unfortunately running all sound through onboard chip from the motherboard.
Used to have an M-Audio Revolution soundcard but it won't work with Win7.
Also my Zune has been acting wonky, need a new MP3 player as well, ipod Touch sure is nice but I LOATHE iTunes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back