The Official Grado 325e Owners Club!
Jan 23, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #211 of 312
I was not crazy about the SR325e at first and still HATE the cable. They have really grown on me and I prefer them over my HD6XX's.
While they are open, they are not as open as the HD6XX's which let in All sound. I am liking them more and more. I am also seeing the benefit of open back VS closed back.

Shane D

As it says in my profile - love the headphone, hate the cord

Jan 23, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #212 of 312
Regarding the HD6XX, I love the look, the comfort and the cable.

Sound wise, gimmie those Grado's.

Shane D

Jan 23, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #213 of 312
Now that you are here do some reading in various threads. There may even be something you would rather have. One thing that I do not like about the 325e is the massively thick cable that is permanently attached. I know some people take it apart and recable it but I would never be confident to do that.

I hope you still have the SR80e..it is excellent.
I am definitely reading a bunch of the great reviews on this sight, but I am still trying to figure out what my preferences are. Based off my sr80 vs he 400i experience I guess I like a bright headphone and value soundstage pretty highly. But those are the only two cans I've ever listened to. Oh, and I do still have the 80s

Jan 23, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #214 of 312
Regarding the HD6XX, I love the look, the comfort and the cable.

Sound wise, gimmie those Grado's.

Shane D
I have Grado's, but I'm waiting on the HD6XX from Massdrop to be shipped in late March and I've already purchased the Senn XLR cable for them. I hope I enjoy them for their differences compared to my Grado's.
I own the 325is for 5+yrs now and absolutely love their raw, live emotional sound, and would never part with them. I also had once purchased the HE-400, but didn't care for them, so I returned them.

Feb 4, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #215 of 312
I was not crazy about the SR325e at first and still HATE the cable. They have really grown on me and I prefer them over my HD6XX's.
While they are open, they are not as open as the HD6XX's which let in All sound. I am liking them more and more. I am also seeing the benefit of open back VS closed back.

Shane D
Love the 325e stock and with the bagel pads

Feb 4, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #216 of 312
Feb 8, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #218 of 312
Thanks for the reply!

Shane D

Feb 9, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #220 of 312
Mar 11, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #221 of 312
If there are any Grado experts here, what would be the next step up the food chain if you love the Grado sound?
I am thinking about getting rid of my HD6XX's, PM3's and maybe even my SR325e's to upgrade to a "better" Grado.

Thanks!

Shane D

Mar 11, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #222 of 312
If there are any Grado experts here, what would be the next step up the food chain if you love the Grado sound?
I am thinking about getting rid of my HD6XX's, PM3's and maybe even my SR325e's to upgrade to a "better" Grado.

Thanks!

Shane D

What about the SR325e is not satisfying you? What do you want the new headphones to provide that you are not getting now? What is your budget? The only thing I don't like about the 325 is the attached thick cable.

What will be your source?

If it is another Grado that you want, you will probably get many suggestions in the Grado Fan Club thread.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #223 of 312
What about the SR325e is not satisfying you? What do you want the new headphones to provide that you are not getting now? What is your budget? The only thing I don't like about the 325 is the attached thick cable.

What will be your source?

They are satisfying me now. Much more than the others. I am just one of those people: if some is good, then more must be better. :)

The Senns and the Oppo's are doing nothing for me. And the higher end wood Grado's are beautiful.
They would make a nice match with my 99 Classics.

My lazy boy source right now is Sony NWZ A17 running through an iFi micro iCan SE. Right now on a Sunday morning it is Miles Davis (ALAC files), on shuffle.

Shane D

Mar 11, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #224 of 312
And the higher end wood Grado's are beautiful.
They would make a nice match with my 99 Classics.

They would. I have the Neo. I think you just answered your own question :)

Which wood model I have no idea. I know some are considered better than others but price is not necessarily the indicator. My husband likes his wood ones but they are no longer being made.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #225 of 312
Looks wise, I am already sold.
Just wondering about sound. More expensive isn't always better.
Reference and GH2 look great, but they are $800.00 to $900.00, Canadian.
And the Statements are $1,299.00, plus tax (15%!).
I know that upgrades are a diminshing return as you go up, but my thought was that if I could raise $800.00 to $900.00, maybe shoot for a "higher end" pair.

Shane D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back