The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Sep 20, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #5,567 of 10,994
  the logo across the t1 cup is fading on my headphone has any1 come across this problem before?? maybe i should send them back?

I had to laugh when I saw this post cause just today I noticed part  of the logo on one cup seemed to have faded a bit. Normally I would never even notice this since I don't sit around staring at the logo, but I did notice it in passing today and just shrugged it off. Thought maybe I had brushed it against something in picking it up or setting it down.

Sep 20, 2013 at 12:00 PM Post #5,569 of 10,994
Yea my one is bad enough, if I rub my finger across it the logo will start to come off. Its really bothering me. 

Sep 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #5,571 of 10,994
coughcounterfeitcough

wink.gif

Can you imagine

Sep 20, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #5,575 of 10,994
  What would you choose for T1? WA2 with default tubes or CORDA CLASSIC?

I see you have a V200 currently. Why not try T1 with V200 first and see how far they go? By the way, classic and T1 is a good combo. Classic does well not only with T1 but also with HD800 and HE500 as well. :)

Sep 20, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #5,576 of 10,994
Have you tried the one with the cotton ball tied to the ground wire adjacent to the driver so as to block sound from moving in the ring shaped space around the driver? There were some folks who claimed success with it.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/531401/ade-tuned-beyerdynamic-t1

No, I had gotten sick of opening and closing my T1s by the time I saw that mod. After completely disagreeing with people's findings with felt, I lost confidence in the various mods being discussed.

Sep 20, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #5,577 of 10,994
T1 is in!

Just had my first listening session and also spent some time switching back & forth between HD800 & W3000ANV for direct comparisons - using music i'm very familiar with. The T1 has amazing clarity, i can hear absolutely everything in a recording, it is more transparent than the HD800 which i didn't expect. I like that actually. I find the bass to be just the right amount, punchy & firm. Besides the obviously bigger soundstage, the HD800 also has a warmer & smoother presentation. Probably better for long term listening. If the T1 loosens up a little and gets smoother in the mids i will like it even more. A great addition to my collection and definitely a great all rounder. But i shouldn't say too much after only 45 min of listening :)

Sep 20, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #5,578 of 10,994
T1 is in!

Just had my first listening session and also spent some time switching back & forth between HD800 & W3000ANV for direct comparisons - using music i'm very familiar with. The T1 has amazing clarity, i can hear absolutely everything in a recording, it is more transparent than the HD800 which i didn't expect. I like that actually. I find the bass to be just the right amount, punchy & firm. Besides the obviously bigger soundstage, the HD800 also has a warmer & smoother presentation. Probably better for long term listening. If the T1 loosens up a little and gets smoother in the mids i will like it even more. A great addition to my collection and definitely a great all rounder. But i shouldn't say too much after only 45 min of listening :)

+1 -- so much agree with u on this :wink:
So that is why imo..the T1 is very good complement each other with ath3000anv. If i miz those crazy clarity and micro detailing in sound i grab the T1. And if i want a warmer sound i just grab my ath3000anv...this is one of reason my hd800 stays in the drawer longer.

Sep 21, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #5,579 of 10,994
+1 -- so much agree with u on this :wink:
So that is why imo..the T1 is very good complement each other with ath3000anv. If i miz those crazy clarity and micro detailing in sound i grab the T1. And if i want a warmer sound i just grab my ath3000anv...this is one of reason my hd800 stays in the drawer longer.

Yes, definitively a great complement although i have a slightly different take on the trio as far as order of preference...for me the W3000 is likely to one that will stay in the drawer longer. I always felt the HD800 was superior to the W3000 for my music preferences - jazz/vocals/classical.

Sep 21, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #5,580 of 10,994
  the logo across the t1 cup is fading on my headphone has any1 come across this problem before?? maybe i should send them back?

I don't think it's fading, it peeling. You'll discover that if you touch it with your fingernail, parts can peel off.

So you are either setting the phones down on things such that the logo is face down and rubs, Or you are playing your music way too loud! 
eek.gif

Anyway, mine have it too (after only 3months) and they are not counterfeit. Once they start looking bad, I'll likely just rub the rest off. I'm planning on keeping these for a long time and I'm more interested in what comes out the other side of the cups 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back