The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 19, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #4,592 of 10,994
just picked up the T1 from the post office. 
bigsmile_face.gif
 will post up pics later of it with WA2 - now tis listening time! 

Jun 19, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #4,593 of 10,994
Quote:
just picked up the T1 from the post office. 
bigsmile_face.gif
 will post up pics later of it with WA2 - now tis listening time! 

Enjoy those beautiful headphones! Let us know what you think, too! (even if you don't care for them...no shame in that :)  )

Jun 19, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #4,594 of 10,994
Quote:

Enjoy those beautiful headphones! Let us know what you think, too! (even if you don't care for them...no shame in that :)  )

first impressions moving up from hd650 - the devil is in the details and im only 1 hour in! 
beyersmile.png
 thumbs up so far. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #4,596 of 10,994
Quote:
My order is finally coming tomorrow! Can't wait for these to arrive. Woohoo.

Im about 3 and a half hours in now and something in the sound signature has changed drastically in the last 15 minutes - i was listening to black or white by Michael Jackson and all of a sudden i can hear this acoustic guitar in the chorus that wasn't there before on the 650's or at least i didn't notice it. WOW what is it gonna be like after 150 hours burn in. Also did anyone know that in the song human nature there are steel pans or chimes? - its the first i have heard of it. even the most subtle sounds are brought directly to attention without getting in the way of anything else. I just realised i have not listened to anything  classical yet. Shostakovich here i come!!!!

Jun 19, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #4,597 of 10,994
Glad to see that you love the T1 as much as I love mine. If not even more !
My reference song is Mono - Dream Odyssey :

8 minutes long track, but an absolute delight :).

Jun 19, 2013 at 9:11 AM Post #4,598 of 10,994

Do you mind showing me a picture of the headphones in the case? Thanks in advance

Quote:
Yes, please - a picture proving that the T1 can fit inside with the case closed!

sorry about the washout and blurry picture.. the shutter speed is about 1.6s XD 

I just experimented with the T1, the case is for my DT770 A/E though :)

if the T1 cable is detachable, the slappa case would be a good case for it lol

Jun 19, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #4,599 of 10,994
Quote:
Im about 3 and a half hours in now and something in the sound signature has changed drastically in the last 15 minutes - i was listening to black or white by Michael Jackson and all of a sudden i can hear this acoustic guitar in the chorus that wasn't there before on the 650's or at least i didn't notice it. WOW what is it gonna be like after 150 hours burn in. Also did anyone know that in the song human nature there are steel pans or chimes? - its the first i have heard of it. even the most subtle sounds are brought directly to attention without getting in the way of anything else. I just realised i have not listened to anything  classical yet. Shostakovich here i come!!!!

My experience as well.  Revealing audio that I was unaware of in songs that I thought I already knew. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #4,600 of 10,994
Quote:

Plug your HD650 back to see if you can notice this little new things
tongue.gif

(but ya on my first T1 or even with this second pair i aslo had the impression to rediscover , many of albums that i thought know really well
wink.gif
)

Jun 19, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #4,601 of 10,994
ill put pics up in a bit including one off the model number

Jun 19, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #4,602 of 10,994

sorry about the washout and blurry picture.. the shutter speed is about 1.6s XD 

I just experimented with the T1, the case is for my DT770 A/E though :)

if the T1 cable is detachable, the slappa case would be a good case for it lol

The pics are fine, thanks heaps! At least now we know that the case fits the t1. And i agree that the design can be improved with a detachable cable.

Jun 19, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #4,605 of 10,994
Quote:

I had a similar experience with my TH 900's, but that wasn't until 6 weeks of use so I guess 100 hours of burn in or so. What is your take on their overall sound signature? I was torn between the T1's and HD800's but went for these instead. I will listen to that Michael Jackson track tomorrow when I get the T1's to see if I have the same experience 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back