The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 16, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #3,318 of 10,994
THATS AWESOME!   

Didn't even think of that when i posted.  Bought to much stuff at RMAF on sunday, new aperion audio speakers, v-moda vamp and have an emotiva erc2 on order, so it limited me from buying the T1.

Oct 16, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #3,320 of 10,994
Quote:
Just tested T1 with the following setup, DACmini > Graham Slee SRGII. I'm blown by the sound

I've been a fan of that DacMini from a distance...I haven't pulled the trigger on one since it hasn't been the best choice for my needs, but I love the idea of it. The one that has the headamp and the speaker amp built into it is a piece I'm pretty sure I'll own in the next six months....what a simple solution it would be for the right situation. I also really like the guys behind it....I've had a few conversations with them and have read about their backgrounds...very, very sharp, creative guys. 

Oct 17, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #3,321 of 10,994
Quote:
Just tested T1 with the following setup, DACmini > Graham Slee SRGII. I'm blown by the sound

I never know that you also active in here 
blink.gif

Oct 17, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #3,322 of 10,994
I am wondering if anyone is interested in a pair of T1's for $600 in excellent condition--you pay paypal and shipping CONUS only--just fishing about whether I should even bother to put them up or just leave them in their lonely case. Sorry if this post shouldn't be here, I won't repeat it. (Too many pairs of headphones, like most of you probably, and someone had to go)

Oct 24, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #3,325 of 10,994
Quote:
A lucky friend of mine just bought no. 7756. Wow, and mine was 29xx something, there were like 4k units made and sold in the past few months!?

I don't think so my gone T1 bought at begin of the year something like 17 january was n° 5910 .

Oct 24, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #3,326 of 10,994
Hi guys

...i just received mine yesterday and it has serialnumber 8828 :)

Oct 24, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #3,327 of 10,994
A lucky friend of mine just bought no. 7756. Wow, and mine was 29xx something, there were like 4k units made and sold in the past few months!?

I just received my new pair yesterday and the serial # is in the 8000's. Not sure exactly what it is since I am at work right now.

My setup is Foobar 2000 (flax) - ODAC - Matrix m-stage - T1

I am happy with this setup but at some point I would like to upgrade my DAC and amp. I feel that that the T1s are a fantastic headphone and one that I could build a system around.

Oct 24, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #3,328 of 10,994
Quote:
I just received my new pair yesterday and the serial # is in the 8000's. Not sure exactly what it is since I am at work right now.
My setup is Foobar 2000 (flax) - ODAC - Matrix m-stage - T1
I am happy with this setup but at some point I would like to upgrade my DAC and amp. I feel that that the T1s are a fantastic headphone and one that I could build a system around.

Amp first IMO , and if you feel the need upgrade DAC later , and it's better to evaluate what each component improve separetly .

For me the Last DACs that i tryed sounded the same level matched correctly , ODAC , NFB-17.2  , NFB-2 (both A-GD with same filter that don't roll off highs because some can roll off highs) , PIoneer DVD pioneer (using a cheap PCM1754+OPA4580) , they all sounded exactly the same ... but wihout level matching they all sounded different ... Note that even with matched volume desktop or laptop computer out didn't sonded the same , and much more worse than others . 

For my AMPs they all sounded different even with level matching , Luxman LV-91 HP out , M-Stage , C2.1 , Auditor , or cheap HA Info . And difference are noticeable ... Auditor being many steps above ...

I don't think that there is a placebo effect that make everything sound the same for DAC , and didn't work for my amps 
biggrin.gif

Peraphs i could hear difference with a higher en DAC as i only tryed a few ones and all sub 500$ , but for now i skip it , don't want to be disapointed as  before 
tongue.gif
, but just try by yourself , if after level matching you hear difference , right no problem , we all hear differently 
wink.gif

Oct 25, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #3,329 of 10,994
Hi,

I want to ask you about amps for this headphone. The "official" amp is quite expensive (for me). Can anybody who has the T1 recomend an amp for less money? Is there any amp that would work fine with these headphones for less than 300 eur?

Thanks for your answers in advance,

Daniel

Oct 25, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #3,330 of 10,994
Quote:
Hi,

I want to ask you about amps for this headphone. The "official" amp is quite expensive (for me). Can anybody who has the T1 recomend an amp for less money? Is there any amp that would work fine with these headphones for less than 300 eur?

Thanks for your answers in advance,

Daniel

Any of the amps from Meier Audio would be perfect. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back