The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 12, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #3,301 of 10,994
Quote:
I have the HDP and T1. I find it hard to believe that it would fall short from anything. Though you can see my thoughts on T1 overall on the last 2 pages. It's a good thing if a different amp would make it more enjoyable! Maybe I'll go and try some tomorrow :p

OK...stop the presses...stop the focking presses!! I just hooked the T1's into the D2 Anedio headphone jack.  Heft, body, the harshness is fading, separation is excellent, and ready for these words: WARM and INVITING....holy jesus. The T1 is a strange and picky thingy...but now it's a BEAST. It's the pickiest headphone I've ever come across. Almost sold it but now I see: It requires a commitment to finding the right mate and it will shine. It's what people have said and now I can concur.  

Oct 12, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #3,302 of 10,994
lol, nice! I heard the same thing about the T1s before I bought mine, so I specifically went after an amp that was known to have excellent synergy - the Meier Corda line. I've gotten really great results, not just with the T1s but with some of my other headphones, as well. Sounds like we can add the Anedio to the list of amps that are a great match for the T1s!

Oct 12, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #3,303 of 10,994
Quote:
 BUT tell me, have you guys felt on first listen underwhelmed? 

That has been a common first response, yes. They don't stand out in a flashy way. I've heard numerous times people who were comparing the HD800 with the T1 and were always more immediately struck by the Senns. But with continued listening over time many of those same folks ended up with the T1. They are excellent 'all-'rounders.' I love them, but my only complaint is that they can be a little too bright. Hence, a lot of discussion about ways to mitigate that-- through proper amping, dampening, etc. Otherwise, I think they are well-judged, well-balanced, and well-made headphones that are very engaging and musical.

Oct 12, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #3,304 of 10,994
Quote:
lol, nice! I heard the same thing about the T1s before I bought mine, so I specifically went after an amp that was known to have excellent synergy - the Meier Corda line. I've gotten really great results, not just with the T1s but with some of my other headphones, as well. Sounds like we can add the Anedio to the list of amps that are a great match for the T1s!

I had to find this out the hard way.  For everything the BHA-1 does right, and it does a lot of things right.  Just does all the things wrong with the T1.  Now this using the BHA-1s SE output.  I sold it before I got the T1s re cabled.  I just chalked it up as a non match.

Re cabled with a ZEUS 4-pin XLR connector the T1s are the BOMB with my βeta-22 and the M^3.  I now wish I could hear the T1s on the BHA-1 with the new cable.

Oct 13, 2012 at 4:13 AM Post #3,306 of 10,994
Quote:
Hi, 

I tried the T1 today with MDAC, SPL in a shop. I swopped them multiple times with HD650s and HD800s. I def noticed how they were only semi open back. 
HD800s have much more spacious and live sound. For the money I felt T1s were underperforming. BUT tell me, have you guys felt on first listen underwhelmed? 
Did the soundstage or signature change much with burn in? 

Dan 

Not really.  When I purchased my T1 I went in blind - originally I actually planned to own both the HD800 and T1 and I was juggling on which one I should buy first and I based my decision on reviews of people with which I found that I have similar taste to and decided that the T1 was the one to go for first.  When I received the T1 at the time I also have the K701 and W1000X in my possession and I thought the T1 just felt "right" with nearly everything I throw at it.  There weren't any songs that I would feel that something was missing so I quickly sold my K701 and W1000X and the other amps and just focused on building my home system around the T1.  About a good half a year after I purchased the T1 I also had a chance to audition the HD800 and actually thought that the HD800 is too spacious for the types of songs I listen to (mostly J-pop and other niche genre from Japan) and was glad that I bought the T1 instead, now I don't even have any desire to purchase the HD800. 

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:15 AM Post #3,307 of 10,994
Quote:
How can you take away from of the brightness of the T1 and what are the best amps? I still dont understand why it doesn't like the Soloist?

I find the treble of the T1 slightly warm compared with the DT1350 and the bass also lacking compared with the DT1350.

From what I read of the Burson Soloist, it sounds like just what i am looking for; an amp to add bass to the T1 and make the sound more energetic/ aggressive.

I'm not really liking the current neutral tone of the T1 and think the Soloist may be key to providing a more DT1350 like experience.

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #3,308 of 10,994
Quite a few people on this forum claim the Burson is not a great match for the T1, but having read the characteristics of the Burson in other reviews, I simply do not see how it is possible. I agree with you, many of the Burson characteristics would suit the T1 well, which is why I just ordered the Conductor!

Oct 16, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #3,309 of 10,994
Quote:
Quite a few people on this forum claim the Burson is not a great match for the T1, but having read the characteristics of the Burson in other reviews, I simply do not see how it is possible. I agree with you, many of the Burson characteristics would suit the T1 well, which is why I just ordered the Conductor!

Congrats! That looks like one hell of a nice amp :)

Oct 16, 2012 at 6:44 AM Post #3,310 of 10,994
I would really like to get my hands on a Burson amp but they are so expensive. More than what I paid for the T1 (used). It would be nice if someone purchased it for me....hint hint
wink_face.gif

Oct 16, 2012 at 8:32 AM Post #3,311 of 10,994
I have the Burson HA-160 amp. It's powerful, detailed, punchy, forward, dynamic. But a little too bright and forward, IMO. With the T1, it can be over the top. With good recordings, it can be awesome. But with less than stellar recordings, it is far from enjoyable. Your mileage may vary.

That said, I haven't heard the newer line. I'd imagine they only sound better.

Oct 16, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #3,312 of 10,994
Quote:
I have the Burson HA-160 amp. It's powerful, detailed, punchy, forward, dynamic. But a little too bright and forward, IMO. With the T1, it can be over the top. With good recordings, it can be awesome. But with less than stellar recordings, it is far from enjoyable. Your mileage may vary.

That said, I haven't heard the newer line. I'd imagine they only sound better.

You could also sell me your HA-160 if you have the urge to upgrade :wink:

*I am serious*

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #3,313 of 10,994
I have the Burson 160D and think it sounds nice with the T1.  Still have yet to try the WA2 though, so I have no comparison to that....

Quote:

Oct 16, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #3,314 of 10,994
My T1 is paired with the Burson HA160, I tend to agree regarding quality of recordings : it's really not good with bad recordings.
Unfortunatly, don't know if it would be better with another amp (it's quite easy to buy and sell cans, more difficult with amps)

Oct 16, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #3,315 of 10,994
I think i already know the answer to this but i will ask anyways, how is the T1 with a schiit asgard?  I just got back from RMAF and thought the T1 was the best sounding pair of cans at the show to my ears anyways and don't have the change to buy both the cans and the amp.  I currently have a schiit asgard and just want to spend as little money as possible right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back