The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 22, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #2,356 of 10,994

Quote:
On another note, absolutely loving these T1's.  Can't go back to any of my other phones anymore without just picking them apart.

what amp u use for them?

Apr 23, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #2,358 of 10,994
Well my brand new T1s arrived today and I had to wait all day at work with them sitting there on my desk :frowning2:  Finally walked home with the box cradled under my arm about an hour ago :D  Plugged them in to my A1 and started listening.

The clarity and airness of the sound (listened alot on my MMX 300/DT770 style before) sounded awesome straight away... However!

Driver rattle on the left cup :frowning2:  I had to send my MMX 300 away for the same problem but I think it was the right ear. Such a shame, just got the damn things and already I have to look at getting them repaired or at least I assume so? This isn't the type of thing to just fix itself I assume?

Apr 23, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #2,359 of 10,994
That's the worst thing about buying items online when you get them something is either missing from the box or something is up with the product..you can't just pop into your local hifi shop because they don't sell them that's why i am opening a headphone shop in manhattans 5th avenue so people can try before they buy like the good old days..now it's one big drive through..when i was a kid when you were buying a single record on vinyl in a record shop they would put it on for you in the shop before you bought it..them days have all but gone..I am going to make sure that everything that i sell in the shop from headphones dacs/headphone amps sacds cd dvds blue ray and old vinyl dj decks martin logan powered speakers 3d tvs 3d blueray players and mp3 mp4 players even t-shirts you can try before you buy..plus plenty of cameras all over the shop just in case someone thinks that try before you buy is a easy way of stealing expensive headphones..I will have to put some kind of lock on the headphones and earbuds to stop people from walking off with them..

Apr 23, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #2,360 of 10,994
Getting a repair isn't difficult - the office Beyer repair centre for the UK is about 20-30 miles away from me but it's just the time it takes that sucks :frowning2:

They're #7066 so I wonder how new that is? I bought them from a German online shop because they were cheaper than the UK stores and the better UK stores seemed to be out of stock. When I ordered from the German store I had to wait 3 days to find out they were also out of stock and were waiting for a delivery so I wonder if they got them from Beyer...

In any case I guess they'll get sent off this week!

Apr 25, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #2,362 of 10,994

Quote:
That's the worst thing about buying items online when you get them something is either missing from the box or something is up with the product..you can't just pop into your local hifi shop because they don't sell them that's why i am opening a headphone shop in manhattans 5th avenue so people can try before they buy like the good old days..now it's one big drive through..when i was a kid when you were buying a single record on vinyl in a record shop they would put it on for you in the shop before you bought it..them days have all but gone..I am going to make sure that everything that i sell in the shop from headphones dacs/headphone amps sacds cd dvds blue ray and old vinyl dj decks martin logan powered speakers 3d tvs 3d blueray players and mp3 mp4 players even t-shirts you can try before you buy..plus plenty of cameras all over the shop just in case someone thinks that try before you buy is a easy way of stealing expensive headphones..I will have to put some kind of lock on the headphones and earbuds to stop people from walking off with them..

You are the most awesome guy ever :D, I have been waiting for a real headphone hifi shop in nyc for a long time now, the only thing like it is stereo exchange but they dont really have headphones beside the p5s and the hd800s. when are you opening up?

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #2,363 of 10,994

Quote:

You are the most awesome guy ever :D, I have been waiting for a real headphone hifi shop in nyc for a long time now, the only thing like it is stereo exchange but they dont really have headphones beside the p5s and the hd800s. when are you opening up?

There's ProAudioStar in Brooklyn. I know they carry the T1, but I'm not sure what other high end headphones they carry. Wouldn't hurt to call.

I've never been there, unfortunately.

Apr 26, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #2,364 of 10,994

Quote:

There's ProAudioStar in Brooklyn. I know they carry the T1, but I'm not sure what other high end headphones they carry. Wouldn't hurt to call.

They quoted me a good price on the T1 at like 1k.....then when they finally sent me an invoice through paypal it was like 60 bucks more, no idea if they were tacking on shipping+tax or whatever.  Ended up just going with amazon for like $930 shipped (open box) instead.

Apr 27, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #2,366 of 10,994

Quote:

I will try too remember too check them out, but Now I go too stereo exchange for dac,amps and cables, the b&h for the headphones.

Apr 27, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #2,368 of 10,994
I tried mine with a modded silver cable from Whiplash and it didn't impress. It made the T1 sound brighter and that's about it for me. I have not tried solid core silver at all so I do not know.

I think the stock cable is great. It's one of the best, if not the best, stock cables out there on any headphone.

Quote:
Does anyone know if you can get solid silver or diamond cables for the t1 and would this be an improvement in sound quality or am i better off just sticking with stock cables?

Apr 29, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #2,369 of 10,994
I'm definitely going to buy an amp at the end of may, it has come down to the Zana Deux and WA5-LE for my T1. Does anyone have any experience with either and care to share their insight, I would really appreciate it.

Apr 29, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #2,370 of 10,994
^ nope, but they both seem like awesome amps

i use my WA2 and love the combo very much, i'm sure the WA5 will do much better still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back