The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 4, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #691 of 10,994

Quote:
Since no one has address this clearly about the headband, am I right to say:

1. Older version: all leather, no "beyerdynamic" on it. (Bass light if true)
2. Newer version: not all leather, with "deyerdynamic" label (bass heavy if true)?

Correct me if I am wrong, and from my search, I never saw a T1 with all leather headband ever online. So I still dun know what you guys were talking abt on the headband difference thing.

Anything that would say deyerdynamic on it would be a lousy counterfeit

Jul 5, 2011 at 1:33 AM Post #696 of 10,994
I think they sell the deyerdynamics on HeadBoom.com

Jul 5, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #697 of 10,994

Quote:
I think they sell the deyerdynamics on HeadBoom.com

I suppose that explains why the site is blank then
wink.gif

Jul 5, 2011 at 5:30 AM Post #698 of 10,994
Quote:
Can someone confirm: Is the current headband pleather or leather? This was one of the few things that bugged me about my DT880's-- after about a year of use, the pleather started to disintegrate, leaving the sticky residue on head and hands (and taking a few hairs from my already balding top!) I was hoping to avoid a repeat of that with the T1's.

Confirmed: The current headband of T1 is leather, like all T1 headbands.

(Pleather has never been used for T1, neither with the first nor with the current headband. Only the decoration strip on top of the headband has been changed, and the bottom shape.)

Jul 5, 2011 at 5:42 AM Post #700 of 10,994
I dun think it's true. The new headband isnt covered by all leather (well of course like 75% percent is leather)

I think this thread (with pictures) explains pretty much everything:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/542487/beyerdynamic-t1-s-headband-exchange

Quote:
Quote:

Confirmed: The current headband of T1 is leather, like all T1 headbands.

(Pleather has never been used for T1, neither with the first nor with the current headband. Only the decoration strip on top of the headband has been changed.)

Jul 5, 2011 at 6:29 AM Post #701 of 10,994
Jul 5, 2011 at 8:38 AM Post #702 of 10,994
I was happy to receive a reply to my inquiry from the designer of the Beyerdynamic T1, Gunter Weidemann (see http://www.stereophile.com/content/geek-talk-beyerdynamic-t1-designer-gunter-weidermann ) a couple of hours ago...

Q: There are a number of [Head-Fi] members who have heard multiple pairs of Tesla T1 headphones (I have owned a single pair since their release) who claim that they have heard variations in the strength of the bass response between different pairs ( see http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/508836/the-official-beyerdynamic-t1-owner-s-club-appreciation-discussion-thread/570 ) and have described them as "bass light" and "bass heavy" versions (there does not appear to be a serial number cutoff between them as some have claimed hearing both versions with a low serial number). The headband was changed at some point - can you confirm whether or not the frequency response has been changed or comment on the likelihood of manufacturing variances between different pairs?

Mr. Weidemann: I have checked the discussion in the thread. Don´t worry, there is only one frequency response version of T 1, and no "bass light" and "bass heavy" versions. And no change with a certain serial number. The only change was the made in the headband. As you said, minor manufacturing variances between different pairs can occur, but all the T 1s drivers and the complete headphones as well are manufactured at the same location here in Heilbronn/Germany and have to pass a 100% check. However, when comparing measurements of different headphones recorded at different times like http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/508836/the-official-beyerdynamic-t1-owner-s-club-appreciation-discussion-thread/630#post_7579126 , possible variations of the measurement should also be taken into account to get the full picture.

[size=small] [size=x-small]Gunter Weidemann[/size][/size]
[size=small] [size=x-small]Manager Technical Support[/size][/size]
[size=small] [size=x-small]Consumer Products[/size][/size]

Jul 5, 2011 at 8:48 AM Post #703 of 10,994
I am certain that what Mr. Weidemann said Is correct. User expectations, as well as things like changing the positioning on the head (the T1 will sound very different depending on how it is worn) as well as perhaps very minor differences in samples are what account for the differences. There are not and never have been two versions of this headphone. unless you are very careful in a very controlled test, including making sure the two headphones are compared in the same session, using the same gear and music, and with the headphones positioned exactly the same way on the head, you could easily hear the headphones differently. All you have to do is slide the headphone forward and back on your head to see how different they can sound in different positions.

That does not, of course, mean that everyone will actually like the T1, but the odds are that any two samples are going to sound substantially similar, and the half dozen pairs I have heard all sounded the same to me.

Jul 5, 2011 at 8:51 AM Post #704 of 10,994
Great news. I have heard no differences sonically in my two pairs. I am glad Beyer stepped up and hopefully this discussion can move forward as this has been  discussed over and over again for the past year. IMO you either like the Beyer sound or you don't for me after owning all the others including the two planar and HD800 In my system its the T1 as what makes me smile the most. I think everyone is different but Gunther made it pretty clear the  T1 changes appear to be only the headband.

Jul 5, 2011 at 9:35 AM Post #705 of 10,994
great news

Users who are viewing this thread

Back