The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 26, 2020 at 6:42 AM Post #10,893 of 10,994
1. Does the amp choice significantly change its signature?
2. Does it have a synergetic pairing e.g. like the hd 650 and the crack? Would going over from say the O2 to the BHC make a huge difference?
3. Looking at the measurement for the T1 and the HD650 the T1 has a THD spike in the 1k-2k zone. Is that audible? I've owned both and it's hard to tell which measurement results in what impression.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #10,894 of 10,994
Hi.

I need help.
I have T1 gen1. Currently i have micro iDAC2>Schiit Loki>Schiit Magni.
While its generaly ok. Especially with good recordings.
But i feel that it lacks volume, body on certain recordings... Is this setup good enough for T1 or should i buy new amp? I really like Loki for eq to tame highs on T1.
I know its cheap amp and T1 deserves something better. But i am not really into spending >500€ for amp right now.
What do you think guys?

Better amp or is not worth it?
From specs Magni should be plenty enough for T1 i think.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #10,895 of 10,994
Hi.

I need help.
But i feel that it lacks volume, body on certain recordings... Is this setup good enough for T1 or should i buy new amp? I really like Loki for eq to tame highs on T1.
I know its cheap amp and T1 deserves something better. But i am not really into spending >500€ for amp right now.
What do you think guys?

The Schiit products have been on my radar several times, but I have not owned one. Judging from the specs the Magni should have adequate power for the T1 HPs. I have found specs don't tell the whole story though. One of the best purchases I made for my Beyer's was the Beyerdynamic A20 (rated at just 170 mW / 250 Ω ); it brought my T1's & DT1990's to a whole new level of excitement. I would love to own an A2 at some point.

Aug 24, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #10,896 of 10,994
Hi.

I need help.
What do you think guys?

I'm very happy with the WA6. The T1 likes tubes.

Aug 24, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #10,898 of 10,994
I'm very happy with the WA6. The T1 likes tubes.
Yes, nothing like Class A power.
When I have some time to devote, gotta let the tubes warm up:smile_phones:, I plug into my WA7 Fireflies that I fell in love with some time ago. Provides an audio and visual experience.

Aug 25, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #10,900 of 10,994
Thank you guys. I will see.
Maybe i will try some cheaper tube amp at first.
I ran my T1 through a Loki and into a Schiit Valhalla (original) and I'd still have to crank the thing to 2-3 o'clock to reach listening volume. Maybe even more - you might want to actually turn it up once the 8kHz death spike is gone.

Aug 26, 2020 at 7:30 AM Post #10,901 of 10,994
Hi.

I need help.
What do you think guys?

I have a HRT II+ dac and Atom amp and very satisfied.

Sep 12, 2020 at 6:09 AM Post #10,902 of 10,994
Hi.

I need help.
What do you think guys?

Sep 12, 2020 at 6:13 AM Post #10,903 of 10,994
Hi.

I need help.
What do you think guys?

The TI cries out for tube amps, I use BHA-1 which is three times more expensive than my Cayin tube HA1-A and the later wins by a country mile in terms of body and sweetness

Sep 12, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #10,904 of 10,994
The TI cries out for tube amps, I use BHA-1 which is three times more expensive than my Cayin tube HA1-A and the later wins by a country mile in terms of body and sweetness

Agreed. The BHA-1 is a great amp however it has low output impedance and thus is not ideal for the 600 Ohm T1.
Also they are both lean and somehat dry in presentation and don't complement each other that well.
I have both and much prefer to listen to the T1 on my WA6 on high impedance mode. It injects a little fat and thickens the sound somewhat.
The T1 definitely cries out for tube amps - or vintage amps/receivers.

Edit: tube amps are generally warmer than SS which the T1 also prefers.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #10,905 of 10,994
I would be curious to know if there are T1 owners who purchased the Woo Audio WA2 some years ago and still own it today. About ten years ago there was a lot of great reviews about the pairing and the consensus was that it was a perfect combination. I've been following this forum since 2010 and have always been interested in this amp, however i'm curious to know how previous and current owners feel about it today. I know many of you sold it and moved on, still i would like to get a sense about how people feel about it all these years later. Is it still excellent for the T1 & HD800, is it a good value at $1,299, are there better options, does it lack clarity, is it too soft sounding, etc.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back