The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 9, 2019 at 5:29 AM Post #10,807 of 10,994
I would say to be careful with the headband, my pair returned from service where both drivers were exchanged like this:

Beyerdynamic-T1-Change-Headband-01.jpg

There were some scratches before but after the driver replacement the headband was heavily damaged and the reason was that they tried to remove those clips.
Hard to say why since for driver replacement you just need to unscrew those 4 screws and that's all... Anyway the lesson is that this part of clipping/unclipping is problematic.

In my case I had an older pair of T5p 1st gen with leather headband (much better even if it becomes greasy after some years) and I just replaced my T1s 2nd gen with a leather headband from T5p 1st gen...

Jul 10, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #10,808 of 10,994
My 1st gen T1's have major wear and tear on the headband,I saw in another thread that you can use the Beyerdynamic Custom Pro headband as a replacement if you cut off the foam padding on the T1. Can anyone confirm this?

Jul 12, 2019 at 5:36 AM Post #10,809 of 10,994
Hi, I will have the T1.2 as my wet hair headphones in combination with the Schiit Valhala 2. The hifi shop advised against it, but it is a little experiment. I bought the Valhalla 2, the T1 will follow. Now I listen to the Stax srL700, and an Ayre QB9 24/96 with Qobuz Studio, and as an energiser the T1-S. If I like the T1 a lot I may upgrade the amp to a Feliks audio Elise, or WA2. But if I don't like the T1 that much, I could try to find a second hand Mjolnir audio amp for the L700. I will compare the T1 with the electrostats. See if the T1 can compete a bit. Best wishes Yoram

Jul 12, 2019 at 5:42 AM Post #10,810 of 10,994
Hi, I will have the T1.2 as my wet hair headphones in combination with the Schiit Valhala 2. The hifi shop advised against it, but it is a little experiment. I bought the Valhalla 2, the T1 will follow. Now I listen to the Stax srL700, and an Ayre QB9 24/96 with Qobuz Studio, and as an energiser the T1-S. If I like the T1 a lot I may upgrade the amp to a Feliks audio Elise, or WA2. But if I don't like the T1 that much, I could try to find a second hand Mjolnir audio amp for the L700. I will compare the T1 with the electrostats. See if the T1 can compete a bit. Best wishes Yoram
Why did they advised against it? What did they tell you?

Jul 12, 2019 at 5:55 AM Post #10,811 of 10,994

I dont have much knowledge with headphone. But the T1 2nd gen stock pads are cloth (atleast I think they are). Can you really use it with wet hair?

Jul 12, 2019 at 5:59 AM Post #10,813 of 10,994
Why did they advised against it? What did they tell you?
The hifishop stopped selling the T1.2 and sells the Hifiman Ananda as the better option for that pricepoint, which should be more open and transparant than the T1. But I liked Beyerdynamics in the past, and I understood the point is to amp the T1 well, so I give it a chance with the OTL idea. The shop did not know the T1.2 with OTL! I liked the L700 better than the Ananda which had a biting treble with old hires remasterings. The 24/96 Ella & Louis from Qobuz Studio. The L700 was not biting my ears in the treble with hires Ella & Louis. I did like the Ananda with modern hires recordings though. But my L700 are less choosy with recordings. And I can enjoy a lot of music with the L700, but a realy good amp comes from Mjolnir audio and is too expensive for me. And your hair has to be dry when you listen to electrostats. I do like to take a shower and listen to music with a morning newspaper, coffee, and with wet hair music. So I thought of the T1 as my wet hair day headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back