The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 6, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #10,336 of 10,994
I sent Beyer-T1 in for repair/replacement drivers (purchased for Slovakia Hifisluchadla.sk, at a price of € 859).
Headphones were burned Proel low-end interconnect audio RCA cables. Before tube amplifier Schiit Vahlalla 2 amplifier I owned JBS labs C5. C5 was weak to amplify T1, so I sold it.

http://www.proel.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=1_8_46_348_653&product_id=2062

Aug 6, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #10,337 of 10,994
I sent Beyer-T1 in for repair/replacement drivers (purchased for Slovakia Hifisluchadla.sk, at a price of € 859).
Headphones were burned Proel low-end interconnect audio RCA cables. Before tube amplifier Schiit Vahlalla 2 amplifier I owned JBS labs C5. C5 was weak to amplify T1, so I sold it.

http://www.proel.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=1_8_46_348_653&product_id=2062

Hope the T1 comes back to you soon.  Are you enjoying your current setup?

Aug 7, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #10,338 of 10,994
now holding such an setup:

Optical Cable: Wireworld Supernova 6
DAC: Schiit Bifrost Multibit + USB Cable (before Schiit Bifrost Uber AKM4399EQ w/o USB)

Interconnect Cable: Viablue NF S6 0,7m Air or SUPRA SWORD ISL Anniversary RCA - 1m or Supra EFF-ISL DIY 1m or Viablue NF S6 DIY

AMP: Schiit Valhalla 2 (6n6p+6n1p)(before: FiiO E07K ANDES sold,JDS LABS C5 sold)

Headphones: Sennheiser HD25 PLUS or Beyerdynamic T1 (Monday I go to services) (before Sony MDR 1R,sold)

DOCK:pure I20(difficult to find second-hand good)

I was not satisfied with T1 because they have been burned wrong interconnect cables. (proel in link)-first setup.

*When connecting cable DIY Viablue I experience some major changes I had involved only one channel. Then I felt what a soundstage and details of the audio scene.
Then it went back to normal when I joined both cables.

I changed the tubes but nothing was happening, still the same sound. I have only stock tubes.

Aug 9, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #10,339 of 10,994
Hi guys,
Just wanna ask you all regarding my T1...

How will i change the pads on the T1 because it got some smell from perspiration..

Any suggestion of the aftermarket T1..?
Would like a leather pad..

Thanks,
Jonathan

Aug 9, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #10,340 of 10,994
Hi guys,
Just wanna ask you all regarding my T1...

How will i change the pads on the T1 because it got some smell from perspiration..

Any suggestion of the aftermarket T1..?
Would like a leather pad..

Thanks,
Jonathan

I've tried many pads. Leather pads will dramatically increase the bass and reduce the treble. I'm talking significant change in sound.

Aug 16, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #10,342 of 10,994
Can I ask you kind folks a question? Given that the original T1 can be had for under $400 on the used market now, would this still be a good buy? I am looking for something fun to complement my HE-560 and have always wanted to try the T1. Do you guys suggest the original 1st gen T1 for accurate, somewhat-neutral headphones? I would be pairing these with a Project Ember tube amp and a Parasound ZDac desktop setup. Other contenders I'm looking at are the LCD-2 Fazor or an HD800, but that's still twice the price of the T1. 

Or, should I jump to 2nd generation for the enhanced bass and removable cables (again for twice the price)? Thank you for any insight! It seems that some people prefer the 1st gen, so hopefully this isn't a totally dumb question :)

-Collin-

Aug 16, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #10,343 of 10,994
  Can I ask you kind folks a question? Given that the original T1 can be had for under $400 on the used market now, would this still be a good buy? I am looking for something fun to complement my HE-560 and have always wanted to try the T1. Do you guys suggest the original 1st gen T1 for accurate, somewhat-neutral headphones? I would be pairing these with a Project Ember tube amp and a Parasound ZDac desktop setup. Other contenders I'm looking at are the LCD-2 Fazor or an HD800, but that's still twice the price of the T1. 

Or, should I jump to 2nd generation for the enhanced bass and removable cables (again for twice the price)? Thank you for any insight! It seems that some people prefer the 1st gen, so hopefully this isn't a totally dumb question :)

-Collin-

Always great to have questions! 
redface.gif
  If you like the HE560, you may possibly like the T1.1 more than the T1.2.  I enjoyed the late serial T1.1's much more than the 1.2, and felt that the extra bass wasn't exactly necessary.  I felt I could get more out of a well-paired amp, and the cleaner nature of the 1.1 gives one a lot of room to work with in that regard..  The highs aren't really as bad as people make it out to be - I think it's mainly from the initial run that you get all that. In fact, I'd say the T1 revels in liquid highs (at least my pair does).  T1, K812, and HD800 are all from the old deutsche school of tuning.  The HD800 being the most technically proficient, but in my opinion a tad dry at times.  HD800s fixes some of this.  The K812 is forward and very holographic.  It's the most engaging of the three.  The T1 is a musical mix that hits the middle ground.  

LCD-2 is a great can, but a completely different beast.  Also heavy.  But if you're looking for a complement, it may work better as the T1 shares more than a few characteristics with the 560.  Or the TH900...like myself.
cool.gif
  Some crazy crazy bass.  

Aug 16, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #10,344 of 10,994
  Always great to have questions! 
redface.gif
  If you like the HE560, you may possibly like the T1.1 more than the T1.2.  I enjoyed the late serial T1.1's much more than the 1.2, and felt that the extra bass wasn't exactly necessary.  I felt I could get more out of a well-paired amp, and the cleaner nature of the 1.1 gives one a lot of room to work with in that regard..  The highs aren't really as bad as people make it out to be - I think it's mainly from the initial run that you get all that. In fact, I'd say the T1 revels in liquid highs (at least my pair does).  T1, K812, and HD800 are all from the old deutsche school of tuning.  The HD800 being the most technically proficient, but in my opinion a tad dry at times.  HD800s fixes some of this.  The K812 is forward and very holographic.  It's the most engaging of the three.  The T1 is a musical mix that hits the middle ground.  

LCD-2 is a great can, but a completely different beast.  Also heavy.  But if you're looking for a complement, it may work better as the T1 shares more than a few characteristics with the 560.  Or the TH900...like myself.
cool.gif
  Some crazy crazy bass.  

I really appreciate your reply! You bring up very good points - I will do some reading on the other suggestions and see what I can come up with. As for the LCD-2, I worry about the weight. It's hard to tell, though, because all of my headphones (K7XX, DT990, HE-560) are pretty lightweight in comparison. 

You made an interesting point about the TH900. They're harder to find and especially harder to find a good deal, but I had considered the Massdrop TH-X00. I wonder if it's in the same league as the TH900. I'll read up on that as well. Anyway, lots of fun headphones out there and I really wish I had an unlimited budget. In truth, the only thing that brought me wanting for these was the deals I've been seeing in the classifieds. I'm 100% satisfied with my HE-560, but, I want to try more of the classics! 

-Collin-

Aug 16, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #10,345 of 10,994

-Collin-

Getting T1 at that price, you shouldn't think twice.
Also one benefit of it , it very easily changes its sound based on amp, that's what i have seen n heard in comparisons to other high end cans, so you can tune your sound.
Btw looking at that cost it's a no brainer deal.
Also Thx00 is not on the same league as th900 , not that it's a bad hp but if you compare to th900.

Aug 16, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #10,346 of 10,994

-Collin-

I paid that and I'm happy with my purchase and would recommend it at the price. I would, however, describe the T1 as rather bright.

I think the HD800 outclasses the T1 in every way except amount of fun. The LCD-2 is about the polar opposite of the T1.

Aug 16, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #10,347 of 10,994
"I think the HD800 outclasses the T1 in every way except amount of fun."

Except vocal clarity. I think nothing beats the T1 in that department.

Edit: I own both.

Aug 16, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #10,349 of 10,994
  Well thanks Guys, I bought a pair and will soon join in the fun :)

-Collin-

Welcome, I personally bought the T1 as a compliment to my HE500.  I haven't gotten any head time with a 560 so I cannot compare the two but I think you will be quite happy.  I have one of the late S/N T1's and I only took issue with the treble when paired with an O2, out of my Lyr or H10 it's nothing but clean, clear goodness.

Aug 16, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #10,350 of 10,994
  Welcome, I personally bought the T1 as a compliment to my HE500.  I haven't gotten any head time with a 560 so I cannot compare the two but I think you will be quite happy.  I have one of the late S/N T1's and I only took issue with the treble when paired with an O2, out of my Lyr or H10 it's nothing but clean, clear goodness.

Great to hear that. I'll report as soon as I get them. Like I said, I'll be using with an Ember and I have a TON of cool vintage NOS tubes, so I can easily change the sound signature to my liking. This should be fun!

Now, what's next. I think I need some Grados. lol

-Collin-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back