The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 22, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #9,871 of 10,994
  Wait do you mean that you put that cushion over the original cushion (giving it double cushioning), or over the metal headband after removing the original cushion? Also what was your reason for doing it?

Yep. double cushioning.
Because it looks cooler :p
it would also protect from original headband from wearing off, I suppose (though it squeezes the original cushion but it looks fine anyway when I took the cushion off)

Nov 25, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #9,873 of 10,994
More than enough :)

Nov 28, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #9,874 of 10,994
I was reminded tonight of just how important source material is to listening. I got a new jazz album by Joe Pass and I was listening to it on my T1's and I have never heard more realistic bass and guitar in my life before other than a live concert. If it is there these headphones will deliver it, and that is really all you can ask for IMO.

Dec 1, 2015 at 6:49 AM Post #9,877 of 10,994
Just took delivery of a pair of T1's, dropped in to say "hi" and what a wonderful pair of "cans" . Got mine for only 587chf, which is a bargain in my book!

Running with Mojo DAC - fabulous sound, effortless; clean, clear, like crystal.

Dec 1, 2015 at 6:51 AM Post #9,878 of 10,994
  I was reminded tonight of just how important source material is to listening. I got a new jazz album by Joe Pass and I was listening to it on my T1's and I have never heard more realistic bass and guitar in my life before other than a live concert. If it is there these headphones will deliver it, and that is really all you can ask for IMO.

sounds great! Which album?

Dec 3, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #9,879 of 10,994
Just snagged myself a pair of these, my first flagship and can't wait to get them on my head! A card was left today by the couriers but will have to wait until tomorrow for redelivery (was hoping they'd leave them at my local collection office) Anyway, current home set up is the Schiit Vali/Modi and just wondering if anyone has positive results with this combination?

Dec 4, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #9,881 of 10,994
I use mine with the Lyr, the MiniWatt tubes really make that soundstage shine.  The T1 paired with those tubes presents a soundstage and imaging unlike anything I have yet heard.

Dec 4, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #9,882 of 10,994
...and if you don't fancy tubes, there is the iFi Audio micro iCAN which is solid state but behaves like a tube thanks to iFi's very clever TubeState circuitry. It's a very good match for the T1.

Dec 4, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #9,883 of 10,994
I picked up an O2 for the bed room and will be hooking it into the main system for a trial with the T1 before too long.  Wanted to validate the "O2 is all you need for [insert random high end headphone here]" post I've seen repeatedly.  So far its not a winner with the HE-500, guess we'll see about the T1

Dec 4, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #9,884 of 10,994
Just received them and had a listen, first impressions pretty good. Just one thing that's confused me slightly. When looking at the drivers they appear to be at the front of the cup angled away from the ear canal. Previous headphones that I have owned with angled drivers have placed the drivers towards the rear of the cups angled towards the ear canal. Is this right or has someone reversed the right and left cups? Pictures on Google images seem to suggest that it is the correct configuration but does anyone know the theory behind this?

Dec 4, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #9,885 of 10,994
Just received them and had a listen, first impressions pretty good. Just one thing that's confused me slightly. When looking at the drivers they appear to be at the front of the cup angled away from the ear canal. Previous headphones that I have owned with angled drivers have placed the drivers towards the rear of the cups angled towards the ear canal. Is this right or has someone reversed the right and left cups? Pictures on Google images seem to suggest that it is the correct configuration but does anyone know the theory behind this?

Same apply to most headphones with angled drivers. 
They try to mimic speakers placed in front of you.
Angled drivers can improve soundstage in terms of frontality and coherence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back