The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 2, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #8,671 of 10,994

Rather than a flaw I suspect Beyer have designed it like that for a reason and we just don't know what that reason is, perhaps some kind of inbuilt strain relief as you move your head from side to side imo.

Maybe but it's strange it's only on the right side 
confused_face.gif

Mar 2, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #8,672 of 10,994
Quote:

Thanks for the confirmation JamieMcC. At least now I know it's just a minor design flaw in the t1's and wasn't caused during shipping.
But it is strange when the t5ps I previously owned had no gaps on either side. Maybe the versions we received are older stock.   

Just checked my DT770 pros and while the construction is slightly different and the gaps are not so big one side still has that same small amount of movement and the other side does not. 

Mar 2, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #8,673 of 10,994
Putting all the cosmetic issues aside, the t1's sounds truly wonderfull. The mids are buttery smoothly and the bass is just so extended and this was just my first 2 min impression. The sound stage is simply incredible. It's hard to believe the t1's can sound so much better than the t5's. This is the first time I've been wowed by a pair of headphones.  

Mar 2, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #8,674 of 10,994
So I just put on my Beyerdynamic t1s for the first time again in many months. The right channel appears to be not working. Plugged them into my O2 and it seems to do the same thing. Tested it with another device (smartphone/tablet) and a 1/8" adapter and same result. However if I do a left right channel test the right channel appears to play in the left channel but is very very quiet or is quiet. I can't exactly tell whether it is in the left channel or in the right channel but it is very quiet when the right channel test happens. I can hear the audio but it is very faint/quiet. Is this a driver or a cable issue. I bought these from a Headfier last year and they were working fine.

I have also contacted Sound Surgeon but haven't heard back from them yet. However from what I have read is that if a driver is replaced it would be $300 per driver and Beyerdynamic usually replaces drivers in pairs to make sure they are matched. This would be an expensive repair.

Can any fellow Head-Fi'ers provide any input or suggestions as to what I should do next?

Edit: These are serial 10XXX so they are the newer revision with the second headband revision.

Bumping this post. I have heard that if I wiggle the cable I may be able to determine whether it is a cable issue or a driver issue but it appears to be likely a driver issue. Wiggling or putting in the cable half-way doesn't really product output on the right hand side.

Mar 3, 2015 at 5:40 AM Post #8,676 of 10,994
  My t1 also had a slight looseness of the cup from the yoke. all i needed to do was remove the cup from the yoke, squeeze the ends of the yoke together gently, and reinstall the cup.  Looseness gone.

Was the looseness on both sides?
So was it loose enough that you were able to remove the cups from the yoke with removing the black plastic held on by tiny screws?   

Mar 3, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #8,677 of 10,994
Can't argue with what is stated on the link, but maybe that is just their general guarantee? It states quite clearly on the outside of my T1 box: "5 years warranty".
My mistake. Yeah, my box says 5 years as well. lol
It's been a while since I've looked at it. And since I got mine 2nd hand, no warranty to worry about. :wink:

Beyerdynamic maybe be flexible cos when my the cable of my t5p's (purchased used) stopped working, I took it to the retailer where the originally owner purchased it from and they honored the warranty after checking with beyerdynamic to confirm that the warranty was transferable. 

The receipt shows the seller did buy it new and fortunately was purchased on the 27th of April 2013 so within two years! 
Ah, I see. Maybe they wrote up the policy to cover their butts legally but they're more lenient when it comes to covering actual warranty. I'll keep that in mind if anything goes wrong with my set. :)

Mar 4, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #8,684 of 10,994
Do you guys feel like the angled drivers actually help the music sound like it's coming from in front of you like a pair of speakers?

The problem I have with most headphones, including my akgs, is that is sounds like the music is coming at me from the sides.

Mar 4, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #8,685 of 10,994
  Do you guys feel like the angled drivers actually help the music sound like it's coming from in front of you like a pair of speakers?

The problem I have with most headphones, including my akgs, is that is sounds like the music is coming at me from the sides.

Yep I get the same feeling after listening to my akg 301xtra for the past 8 years 
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back