The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 3, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #7,246 of 10,994
I commented a few pages back that I was going to modify my stock T1 cable by adding a balanced 4 pin xlr. I finished that two days ago and it was really easy to do. I just wanted to report that in fully balanced mode the T1's do scale up nicely. The soundstage improves with more specific instrument location and detail. The most surprising change is that the tonal quality becomes richer (not thick) with a more musical tonal balance and improved low end. I listen mostly to classical music and with chamber music the balanced T1's are hypnotic. I had listened to them in their stock mode for more than a year so it took me a few hours to get used to the changes. Frankly, I wasn't expecting this much improvement from what I have read. Just thought I would pass this on for anyone considering the move.

Apr 5, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #7,247 of 10,994
I had my T1s headband repaired and they were gone for about a month. During that time I enjoyed my HD700 and oh man, do the T1 sound really, really alien right now.
confused_face.gif

Like and old friend that you don't really recognize. Not sure if I like them that much anymore. We'll see.

Apr 5, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #7,249 of 10,994
  I had my T1s headband repaired and they were gone for about a month. During that time I enjoyed my HD700 and oh man, do the T1 sound really, really alien right now.
confused_face.gif

Like and old friend that you don't really recognize. Not sure if I like them that much anymore. We'll see.

I also enjoyed of my HD700 but I've always preferred the T1 over HD700. 

Apr 6, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #7,250 of 10,994
Quote:
confused_face.gif

I hope to purchase a used T1 this week when I get paid if it's still available. I'd like to do an extensive comparison between the HD 700 and the T1 and probably sell whichever one I prefer less. Maybe I'll do a head-to-head writeup since there isn't exactly a ton of info on how the two compare. Personally, I very much enjoy the HD 700 after 75+ hours of use and find it hard to imagine getting rid of at this stage. They are also really damn comfortable.

Apr 7, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #7,252 of 10,994
I've been looking for another headphone for a couple of months now and since the T1 is on sale I would like to know how the earpads fit. I have the HD800 and consider my ears just float between the pads and the dynamic drivers I have no desire to go back to any other headphone that isn't this comfortable. 

Does the T1 have a similar fit? This is my first non leather padded headphone and I will not go back to leather either. 

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #7,255 of 10,994
  I've been looking for another headphone for a couple of months now and since the T1 is on sale I would like to know how the earpads fit. I have the HD800 and consider my ears just float between the pads and the dynamic drivers I have no desire to go back to any other headphone that isn't this comfortable. 

Does the T1 have a similar fit? This is my first non leather padded headphone and I will not go back to leather either. 

Late reply but I also have big-ish ears and I have had headphones where my ears brush against the foam that covers the drivers and it's been super irritating.  I haven't had that issue with the T1.  The T1 has been nice and comfy.

Apr 8, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #7,256 of 10,994
  Late reply but I also have big-ish ears and I have had headphones where my ears brush against the foam that covers the drivers and it's been super irritating.  I haven't had that issue with the T1.  The T1 has been nice and comfy.

Big ears here also, I think the T1's are more comfy than my HD650's if that's of any help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back