The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 13, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #4,846 of 10,994
Quote:
Do the HD800s scale a bit more than the T1s? I should have paid better attention to the gear I was listening to the 800s on a while back, but I know it was stuff I've never heard of...I'll have to find out how high end it was. 

Most definitely! The T1s really hit their "max" with the Woo WA2 and didn't scale after that very much (if at all really). The HD800s continued to get better and better with the WA22, LF and now finally the GS-X MKII. 

But that said, the WA2 had about $1000 of tube upgrades, so hitting the wall on $2k of amping isn't so bad. 

Jul 14, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #4,847 of 10,994
While I can't compare the WA2 or a Wa22 against my 4 channel Beta22.  

I would say the T1 scales pretty good as well.  Not like the HD800, no.  But they got better and better.  From a GS-1, Burson 160D, BHA-1 up to the Beta22.  The sound really good on the GS-X mk2 as well.  

So yes you can squeeze more goodness out them with better amps..  IMO anyway. 

Jul 14, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #4,848 of 10,994
Quote:

Most definitely! The T1s really hit their "max" with the Woo WA2 and didn't scale after that very much (if at all really). The HD800s continued to get better and better with the WA22, LF and now finally the GS-X MKII. 

But that said, the WA2 had about $1000 of tube upgrades, so hitting the wall on $2k of amping isn't so bad. 

Hi MacedonianHero.

How would you compare the T1's to the fostex th900?
I haven't read many impressions apart from one 10/20 pages ago saying that they are very similar. I read somewhere else that the th900's have bass in similar quantities to the ultrasone sig DJ, and if this is true then the beyers and fostex coudn't sound more different. Those ultrasones have a huge huge bass line and the T1's well don't. 

Jul 14, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #4,849 of 10,994
Hi MacedonianHero.

I haven't read many impressions apart from one 10/20 pages ago saying that they are very similar. I read somewhere else that the th900's have bass in similar quantities to the ultrasone sig DJ, and if this is true then the beyers and fostex coudn't sound more different. Those ultrasones have a huge huge bass line and the T1's well don't. 
I own the T1's and have a TH900 coming tomorrow, so i can provide some impressions later on.

Jul 14, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #4,852 of 10,994
About a hundred pages ago, back on 12/2/2012, I posted my utter amazement at the sound of the Tesla T1s.

Today, I put 'em on and the right channel is dead as a brick.

I baby my equipment and yes, the cans are malfunctioning (other cans work on the amp, right side dead no matter the source).

Bought them from Amazon (not a reseller), so hopefully Beyer will honor its warranty agreement.

Still, a bad letdown. I saw complaints here and there about build quality. A catastrophic failure after only a few months? Really Beyer?

Well, we'll see how they play the repair process. 

Jul 14, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #4,853 of 10,994
Quote:
About a hundred pages ago, back on 12/2/2012, I posted my utter amazement at the sound of the Tesla T1s.

I baby my equipment and yes, the cans are malfunctioning (other cans work on the amp, right side dead no matter the source).

Bought them from Amazon (not a reseller), so hopefully Beyer will honor its warranty agreement.

Still, a bad letdown. I saw complaints here and there about build quality. A catastrophic failure after only a few months? Really Beyer?

ive gotten mine repaired twice and i bought mine through amazon as well. beyer fully honors its 2 year warranty and the beyer service is very good. 

Jul 14, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #4,855 of 10,994
Hi MacedonianHero.

Very different headphones and I'm not big in comparing open vs. closed headphones. I find the measurements give you most of the story. The T1s are more balanced; while the TH900s are more on the fun side of things. The TH900s are quicker headphones and are much easier to drive right. I found the T1s worked best with a good quality OTL. Amp (like the WA2).

The TH900s have more bass and the T1's mids are a bit more prominent. Imaging wise (amazingly enough) is a tough call. And that is a testament to the Fostex cans as I've never heard closed cans image so well.

They would however be very complimentary headphones. :D

Jul 15, 2013 at 4:56 AM Post #4,856 of 10,994
i like T1 cause they're very slightly V shaped. not super neutral, not super fun. they're just kinda in the middle for everything. 

Jul 15, 2013 at 6:25 AM Post #4,857 of 10,994
Quote:
i like T1 cause they're very slightly V shaped. not super neutral, not super fun. they're just kinda in the middle for everything. 

If T1 is slightly V shaped , HD800 , DT-880 also are
redface.gif

T1 has a bit more medium presence than DT-880 wich a consider neutral on this aspect , DT-990 is really V shaped , T1 is more an overcharged DT-880 than an overcharged DT-990 .( at least it's what i experienced with my O2 or former Auditor .

Jul 15, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #4,858 of 10,994
or a more refined dt 990. i find the T1 to sound really close to DT 990, just less bass and more extension, better mids, and the highs are cleaner.

Jul 15, 2013 at 6:54 AM Post #4,859 of 10,994
Quote:
or a more refined dt 990. i find the T1 to sound really close to DT 990, just less bass and more extension, better mids, and the highs are cleaner.

Well peraphs if i used the same setup as you i would say the same ^^ , WA2 is very far away from an O2 or and Auditor , WA6SE not as far but it still not the same sound signature .

Bah , what matter is that people in this thread enjoy their T1 , what ever is their setup
smile.gif

Jul 15, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #4,860 of 10,994
We

We feel for you, for sure.

A friend of mine near Sydney, lost the left channel of his LCD-3 when they were a year old, waited 7 weeks for the round-trip warranty repair, then lost the right channel three days later! Another seven weeks and he was finally back to enjoying his purchase. Ugh!

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back