The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 11, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #4,803 of 10,994
Got my T1 about a month ago and it was an open box.  Don't know if that means it's a little more dated than what you would buy off the shelf today.  But for reference sake mine is 13181...or something close to that.  It's definitely in the 13's.

Jul 11, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #4,804 of 10,994
Quote:

Care to divulge your source?

umm some guy on ebay that put a quad up. me and some1 else got them for 350$ for all of them. i ended up with 5 tubes because one of them wasn't new, so i got 2 used and 3 new in all. other guy got 4 new. and some1 else bought a pair from him as well, but one ended up defective.

they all work fine, all the new ones where actually NIB too which is nice, and ones a curved base 
biggrin.gif

just bought another curved base so i have 6 in total.

Jul 11, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #4,805 of 10,994
Quote:
I asked the question before but haven't gotten a response.  If anybody knows I'd appreciate your help.  I'm considering upgrading my T1 stock cable with a Aphrodite Cu29 Zeus cable.  I've heard wonderful things about them from Jonathan on this site and others.  I'm assuming though that re-cabling will void my Beyerdynamic warranty (I just got my T1 a couple of weeks ago).  Can anyone who's had dealing with Beyerdynamic's Service Dept. verify the warranty question or recommend someone at Beyerdynamic to talk to.  Thanks!

I've never seen any kind of situation where modifying a product would not void the warranty. I can only assume Beyer is the same.

If you decide to do this mode, be VERY careful! The advantage of the Tesla 1 design is that you can use fewer windings with SMALLER wire in the driver (one of the reasons the impedance of the drivers is over 600 ohms). If you break the wire or it comes off, Good luck on trying to reattach it 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 11, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #4,806 of 10,994
Quote:

I've never seen any kind of situation where modifying a product would not void the warranty. I can only assume Beyer is the same.

If you decide to do this mode, be VERY careful! The advantage of the Tesla 1 design is that you can use fewer windings with SMALLER wire in the driver (one of the reasons the impedance of the drivers is over 600 ohms). If you break the wire or it comes off, Good luck on trying to reattach it 
bigsmile_face.gif

as the wise one says 
wink.gif

Jul 11, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #4,808 of 10,994
Quote:
I don't know how it wouldn't void the warranty.  Call their service office 631-864-2450.

I know that Drew at Moon Audio is authorized to re-cable beyers and the warranty stays in tact.

Jul 12, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #4,809 of 10,994
Quote:
I know that Drew at Moon Audio is authorized to re-cable beyers and the warranty stays in tact.

blink.gif

so i can get a nice blue/black dragon T1?

Jul 12, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #4,812 of 10,994
Quote:
I have a Black Dragon T1....better ergonomically and sounds terrific....improves both the highs and the lows....

Hmmmm............

Jul 12, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #4,813 of 10,994
Quote:
I don't know how it wouldn't void the warranty.  Call their service office 631-864-2450.

Peter is right Drew is authorized to re-cable any Beyer and it does not void the warranty. I had spoke to Pete Carini at beyer in NY about that and Drew is the man and it wont void the warranty so its all good.

Jul 12, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #4,814 of 10,994
Quote:
I asked the question before but haven't gotten a response.  If anybody knows I'd appreciate your help.  I'm considering upgrading my T1 stock cable with a Aphrodite Cu29 Zeus cable.  I've heard wonderful things about them from Jonathan on this site and others.  I'm assuming though that re-cabling will void my Beyerdynamic warranty (I just got my T1 a couple of weeks ago).  Can anyone who's had dealing with Beyerdynamic's Service Dept. verify the warranty question or recommend someone at Beyerdynamic to talk to.  Thanks!

Pete Carini is the guy you want to talk with at Beyer.  I know Moon is authorized and Aphorodite may be also but not sure. I know Drew is for sure.

Jul 12, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #4,815 of 10,994
my warranty on the t1 expires at the end of the year anyways lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back