The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Nov 28, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #3,451 of 10,994
No idea what the whole fuss is about. You have 30 day return policy, yet, you whine like a little kid and try to find the most complicated solutions to something that is dead easy. 

Get a replacement and be done with it.

Nov 28, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #3,453 of 10,994
Quote:
My thanks to everyone who has both empathy and reasonable expectations of flagship headphones.

I've left a voice mail earlier today for the national sales manager at the Beyerdynamics U.S. distributorship.  No response yet, but it hasn't been long...

Mike

It obviously stinks that the headphones you received from Amazon (at a very, very nice discount) may be defective.  Returning such an expensive item isn't the same as a $50 item in my experience; you may have to either be around for a UPS pick-up or go to a UPS location.  Stinks even more that there may be a QC issue at Bayerdynamic's plant, and for such an expensive headphone; I'd expect them to be perfect.  My experience with Amazon is that after two returns of a defective item, they basically say:  "You obviously aren't going to be satisfied by us, so here's your money back, and we aren't going send you another one to try."  So all that stinks.

But the choice is to buy it from a local dealer, and likely at full price.  You hopefully get more - hopefully a chance to try a high-end item in a proper environment created by somebody who cares about the product.  At least that's what I was hoping when I tried to find a high-end audio shop in my city (major east coast city in the US), and discovered that that doesn't actually exist - and doesn't even in Manhattan.  (Fortunately, a local shop is going to start carrying a few high-end models like the HD-800, so I'll try them there and buy from them if I like them.) 

So I'd just return them to Amazon.com as a defect, and they'll just ship you out another one pronto, and if the second is bad, then look for another brand. 

Nov 28, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #3,455 of 10,994
hi, T1 fans,

since i can not resist the amazon deal last Friday, now i am #9550 T1 member!. i just love it.

i use DAC/AMP yulong D100 II that has two headphone outputs, one for low impedance and one for high impedance so that i can easily compare with my Q701. Interesting thing is they sound almost with same loudness! first impression is Q701 obviously feels "thin" compared with t1. and T1 shows a deep soundstage when hearing some live albums, which i feel more realistic.

i guess i really need a good amp to make it shine. any suggestions? does SPL auditor good enough?

ps: why not just call amazon for replace? and you will probably get some credits for your next purchase.  my guess is these products are not newly produced and they might get damaged in warehouse or in transport 
Quote:
My thanks to everyone who has both empathy and reasonable expectations of flagship headphones.

I've left a voice mail earlier today for the national sales manager at the Beyerdynamics U.S. distributorship.  No response yet, but it hasn't been long...

Mike

Nov 29, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #3,457 of 10,994
Quote:
hi, T1 fans,

since i can not resist the amazon deal last Friday, now i am #9550 T1 member!. i just love it.

i guess i really need a good amp to make it shine. any suggestions? does SPL auditor good enough?

gratz.

the spl auditor is supposably an excellent choice for the T1 and the lower beyers.

Nov 29, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #3,458 of 10,994
Quote:
I have both, and I'll be honest, I do love the DT1350's. Hopefully you'll have a similar reaction :)

[snip]

Quote:
[snip]

So I'd just return them to Amazon.com as a defect, and they'll just ship you out another one pronto, and if the second is bad, then look for another brand. 

OK.  

I've rolled the dice by returning the defective T1 to Amazon for exchange.  

I want to HEAR a functioning T1, not to mention wanting to make worthwhile all the time I've invested thus far in securing a great price of $950.

Going by purrin's experience (three T1's out of six being "good"), the odds are 50:50 I will score.  

Still nothing heard from the Beyerdynamic U.S. national sales manager, but what's he going to say?  Can he point me to a published list of Beyerdynamic authorized U.S. resellers?  Can he fix the factory's quality control problems?  I'll call him again tomorrow...

Meanwhile, the DT 1350 is on backorder ($254 from Headphones.com) - it's supposed to ship on 7 December.

Oh, but this is the T1 thread.  Where was I?   Oh yeah...

rolleyes.gif

Mike

Nov 29, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #3,460 of 10,994
hi, T1 fans,

I have owned the T1 for a while, tried them on several amps at home and at head-fi meets, and I convinced myself that, unlike the HD800 or the orthos, the T1 are very accommodating in terms of amplification: they sound almost as good on a solid "mid-fi" OTL tube amp as they do on a Cavalli Liquid Fire (of course an HD800 aficionado would say that the T1 do not scale up as well as the Senns do. Probably true if you own a $2K+ amp...)

If you want to go solid state I would recommend to get a recent Corda amp: for me the Meier house sound (warm but very detailed) matches the T1 perfectly...

Nov 29, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #3,462 of 10,994
Quote:
I have owned the T1 for a while, tried them on several amps at home and at head-fi meets, and I convinced myself that, unlike the HD800 or the orthos, the T1 are very accommodating in terms of amplification: they sound almost as good on a solid "mid-fi" OTL tube amp as they do on a Cavalli Liquid Fire (of course an HD800 aficionado would say that the T1 do not scale up as well as the Senns do. Probably true if you own a $2K+ amp...)
If you want to go solid state I would recommend to get a recent Corda amp: for me the Meier house sound (warm but very detailed) matches the T1 perfectly...

I agree...Jan's amps are a great way to go. I have the Corda Jazz, which sounds great with the T1s.

Nov 29, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #3,463 of 10,994
Quote:
Question:
Is something like O2 amp. is enough to drive the T1?
same question goes for a Leckerton UHA-6S mk2

will both sound good?
thanks!

O2 is OK will get enough Loud (use it with AC adapter) . And it will sound good objectively peraphs not the best , depending and personal taste , but enough to enjoy , and later upgrade it for something "better" if you feel the need . 

(Better spending money first on Headphone , and after amp if needed and if you like the phone ) .

Nov 29, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #3,464 of 10,994
Originally Posted by incrediblejian /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hi, i'm running the T1 with a Phonitor, which is soundwise the same as Auditor. It's a match made in heaven.
I've tried some amps with the T1, eg.: Lehmann Black Cube Linear, Violectric and some tube amps.
But from all of them, the Phonitor had the most synergy, a perfect match. As far as i know from SPL, the Phonitor/Auditor was designed with the T1 in mind.

Highly recommended!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back