The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jan 31, 2024 at 9:29 AM Post #23,236 of 23,560
Seems a lot of good reviews on U4s and Volur, must be some magic going on with their DD. I must find time to audition both.
I'm still rocking my U12t and A18s
I would not underestimate Fourte and Trio too.... Fourte has a spectacular detail and Tio has one of the most amazing bass ever (in addition to great detail, control and slam balance, etc..)..

Jan 31, 2024 at 9:41 AM Post #23,237 of 23,560
How would you compare Volur to the Trio?
I think the Volur is perhaps a tad more refined and holographic. For me, the Trio is more fun (thanks to the meaty bass). If I could only keep one, it would be the Trio. I'd be interested in seeing others' choice between the two.

Jan 31, 2024 at 9:42 AM Post #23,238 of 23,560
How would you compare Volur to the Trio?
Out of personal experience found the bass on both being equally good, controlled and punchy with a solid kick.
Volur is more versatile with the Apex modules and has a bit of sub bass. To me Trio has better resolution and technicalities.

1706711982925.png

Jan 31, 2024 at 9:44 AM Post #23,239 of 23,560
I think the Volur is perhaps a tad more refined and holographic. For me, the Trio is more fun (thanks to the meaty bass). If I could only keep one, it would be the Trio. I'd be interested in seeing others' choice between the two.
Interesting to that found the Volur more holographic ... I fully agree with your choice. Trio is also my preferred between the two ..
(but I keep being undecided between the incredible level of detail of Fourte and Trio's amazing bass. So I keep rotating between the two... )

Jan 31, 2024 at 9:48 AM Post #23,240 of 23,560
Out of personal experience found the bass on both being equally good, controlled and punchy with a solid kick.
Volur is more versatile with the Apex modules and has a bit of sub bass. To me Trio has better resolution and technicalities.

1706711982925.png

From this, can I assume you use the m20 module with your Volur? I'm using m15 and perhaps that explains the difference. Last time I tried the m20, it was new and the bass was too much, but I know the bass has tightend up since then. Perhaps I should revisit the m20 and compare again.

Jan 31, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #23,242 of 23,560
Interesting to that found the Volur more holographic ... I fully agree with your choice. Trio is also my preferred between the two ..
(but I keep being undecided between the incredible level of detail of Fourte and Trio's amazing bass. So I keep rotating between the two... )
You may want to try a wide bore tip on the Fourte ( such as the azla Sedna earfitlight short for example ). When called for the bass will rock you.

Jan 31, 2024 at 1:59 PM Post #23,243 of 23,560
You may want to try a wide bore tip on the Fourte ( such as the azla Sedna earfitlight short for example ). When called for the bass will rock you.
:100:%!!!!!! Wide bore all there way on my side albeit mostly Baroque and e-Pro (for this latter one I reinforced the seal using the foam filling out of pair of Symbio + reduced the length of the stem of the tip so to have the edge of the bore bordering the edge of the IEM)
Have to try Sedna..

Feb 2, 2024 at 3:09 AM Post #23,244 of 23,560
I would not underestimate Fourte and Trio too.... Fourte has a spectacular detail and Tio has one of the most amazing bass ever (in addition to great detail, control and slam balance, etc..)..
I had a chance to audition the Fourte back when it just released. And I was stunned at how good the sound was, timbre was on point. And my first thought was it felt like listening to a pair of speakers in front of me. It was incredible

Feb 2, 2024 at 3:24 AM Post #23,245 of 23,560
I had a chance to audition the Fourte back when it just released. And I was stunned at how good the sound was, timbre was on point. And my first thought was it felt like listening to a pair of speakers in front of me. It was incredible
Exactly this! Fourte's are special. I am lucky enough to have the Blanc. Love how they reproduce sound! They are gas guzzlers too!

Feb 2, 2024 at 3:35 AM Post #23,246 of 23,560
:100:%!!!!!! Wide bore all there way on my side albeit mostly Baroque and e-Pro (for this latter one I reinforced the seal using the foam filling out of pair of Symbio + reduced the length of the stem of the tip so to have the edge of the bore bordering the edge of the IEM)
Have to try Sedna..
After using the A18s for more than 2 years now, I would not buy any universal fit anymore. It was a miss opportunity that 64 didn’t try to push Fourte into a custom set, and FIR audio grabbed this market. CIEM is just so much more comfortable, all my friends that have transitioned to it said they’ll never look back at universal fits
Although I’ve now moved on to headphones, but if I would get another IEM it would be custom fit for sure, (Fourte custom=FIR 😉)

Feb 2, 2024 at 9:12 PM Post #23,248 of 23,560
Anyone here use the 64 Audio IEM Vac to keep their universal IEM clean?

Feb 2, 2024 at 9:38 PM Post #23,249 of 23,560

Users who are viewing this thread

Back