The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Feb 3, 2024 at 10:37 AM Post #23,266 of 23,616
Thank you for your reply :)

My Volür is brand new, received on Jan 13, 2024, it does not need cleaning or anything else, I am the only person using them and taking extra good care of them, I asked about the alcohol wipes just out of curiosity.

When it comes to the 64 Audio IEM Vac, though, I am seriously considering it and I have emailed 64 Audio Support today, asking a few questions to clarify, as I've never owned / used such a product.

The reason I am considering it is because I am using my Volür for many hours, each day. In the morning at work [from home), I am wearing it for around 7 and a half hours, doing my job and listening to Focus Music. I am always using it with my iFi GO Pod. After around 7 hours, I need to put my GO Pod back into the case for less than one hour to fully charge and then I am listening to them again for another 5 hours, at least. Per day.

With so much use, I would like to have a way to clean them.

Can you, or anyone else, tell me if the 64 Audio IEM Vac is compatible with / suitable for the rest of my IEMs, shown in my signature?
@64Audio can you, as well, reply to this, please?

Thank you
Yeah, I reckon just a wipe with a cloth every now and again is perfectly adequate. The Vac comes with a few different attachments, so it’ll be able to clean any IEM with any nozzle size. The smallest, needle-like tip is also made of a malleable plastic, so you won’t have to worry about it poking or piercing anything. It’ll bend with the curvature of the sound tubes inside your IEM, so there’s nothing to worry about there.

Feb 3, 2024 at 11:39 AM Post #23,267 of 23,616
Yeah, I reckon just a wipe with a cloth every now and again is perfectly adequate. The Vac comes with a few different attachments, so it’ll be able to clean any IEM with any nozzle size. The smallest, needle-like tip is also made of a malleable plastic, so you won’t have to worry about it poking or piercing anything. It’ll bend with the curvature of the sound tubes inside your IEM, so there’s nothing to worry about there.

Thank you very much!

One last question, please:
- Which is the best DAP up to £1000.00, according to your opinion?

Feb 3, 2024 at 7:17 PM Post #23,268 of 23,616
Thank you very much!

One last question, please:
- Which is the best DAP up to £1000.00, according to your opinion?
Depends on your tastes. Like analog lushness,? then the Hiby RS6, Hyper detail? then the iBasso 240 or the 320, Smooth? the A&K SR35, etc. As indicated when you were buying the Volur, try to listen first. Your experiences with the Hiby MX300 should give you an insight into what you DON'T want (that was always not going to work...). Try and read reviews and see if a) your music is mentioned and b) if the sound signature aligns with your preference. Aim higher, not lower

Feb 4, 2024 at 8:44 AM Post #23,269 of 23,616
Just want to share the amazing photos of Volur that I took the other day. :o2smile:

IMG_8602.jpg

IMG_8611.jpg

Feb 5, 2024 at 6:26 PM Post #23,270 of 23,616
64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Feb 8, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #23,272 of 23,616
K1.jpg

Testing the limits of my Volür on Bluetooth

UAPP - Qobuz - iFi GO Pod - LDAC 990/909kbps.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #23,273 of 23,616
I took a chance on the Volür when it was released as my first 64 Audio offering. It is far and away my favorite IEM and consistently produces a ‘first time’ feeling every time I pick it up. This is my 10th year in this hobby, so I consider that a feat in itself. For what it’s worth, I loathe the negative characteristics associated with BAs, but 64 Audio BAs eschew those. Though some of feedback in this thread seems divisive on the Tia driver, it’s one of my favorite aspects of this IEM.

All that being said, can anyone recommend another 64 Audio universal model? I’m open to explore the lineup since the Volür with its technology and tuning knocked my socks off. My dealer said this is 64 Audio’s best IEM, but I’ve seen others on this thread disagree.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2024 at 5:23 PM Post #23,274 of 23,616
I took a chance on the Volür when it was released as my first 64 Audio offering. It is far and away my favorite IEM and consistently produces a ‘first time’ feeling every time I pick it up. This is my 10th year in this hobby, so I consider that a feat in itself. For what it’s worth, I loathe the negative characteristics associated with BAs, but 64 Audio BAs eschew those. Though some of feedback in this thread seems divisive on the Tia driver, it’s one of my favorite aspects of this IEM.

All that being said, can anyone recommend another 64 Audio universal model? I’m open to explore the lineup since the Volür with its technology and tuning knocked my socks off. My dealer said this is 64 Audio’s best IEM, but I’ve seen others on this thread disagree.
Everyone who's serious about the hobby owes themselves a listen of Tia Fourte at least once. I'd say N8 too for the warmer, buttery smooth side of 64 Audio, but that's custom only.

Feb 10, 2024 at 5:26 PM Post #23,276 of 23,616
Nio is universal and sounds almost identical as N8
I owned Nio many moons ago, great IEM indeed. My gut tells me N8 is more refined and slightly more technical, but that could also be the custom fit doing its thing. Fourte is far and away the most technically accomplished 64 Audio IEM I've had the pleasure of hearing.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2024 at 5:35 PM Post #23,277 of 23,616
I owned Nio many moons ago, great IEM indeed. My gut tells me N8 is more refined and slightly more technical, but that could also be the custom fit doing its thing. Fourte is far and away the most technically accomplished 64 Audio IEM I've had the pleasure of hearing.

I am not oblivious to the Fourte and have seen many Head-Fiers singing its praises for years now. I always wondered if it was a proof of concept (price, design, etc.) and all the technology later trickled down into subsequent models, but you’re saying that it is still the 64 Audio technical king. 👑

Thanks my Guy! I always appreciate your opinion and secretly envy your photography skills.

Feb 11, 2024 at 1:37 AM Post #23,278 of 23,616

I would guess what you enjoy most out of your Volür' sound. If you may look for more air throughout, I would suggest Tio and Fourte. Fourte's bass is good but Tio's is faster.
I have both, Fourte' soundstage is wider, huge... Trio has a great sound stage too albeit not as wide to the former.

1707633262977.png

Feb 11, 2024 at 1:51 AM Post #23,279 of 23,616

Should you prefer to stay close to the Volür's tuning, try something with better resolution and technicalities (albeit at the cost of a bit of bass slam), the U12t is a classic model that you may consider too:
1707634252277.png

Feb 12, 2024 at 8:41 AM Post #23,280 of 23,616
Oh! They look good too!

IMG_2128.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back