The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Nov 8, 2023 at 9:23 AM Post #22,861 of 23,680
that is the orange one as I remember, and 64 Audio does not recommend using this module with IEMs.
ahh yes. my memory failed me. thanks for the correction.

Nov 8, 2023 at 7:39 PM Post #22,862 of 23,680
Hey guys, it's been quite a while since I frequented this thread, but I'm back with a full review of Volür, which you'll find online here.

Volür_11.jpg

Hope you like, and feel free to comment here, on the review, or by DM. Thank you @64Audio for the opportunity!
What was the cable that you prefer with the Volur? i'm using a pure silver cable from lavricables Grand Line and love it!

Nov 9, 2023 at 1:29 AM Post #22,863 of 23,680
What was the cable that you prefer with the Volur? i'm using a pure silver cable from lavricables Grand Line and love it!
Pure silver works well. Also like Eletech Raphael with it. I find Volur more ear tip picky than cable picky.

Nov 9, 2023 at 7:30 AM Post #22,864 of 23,680
Pure silver works well. Also like Eletech Raphael with it. I find Volur more ear tip picky than cable picky.
Yeah well. I guess that's LID at work.....

Nov 9, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #22,865 of 23,680

Your review was incredibly detailed and well written. I just resonate with your input more than other reviewers and I get a better sense of the sound as it relates to my preferences. I would argue that the combination of your review layout, content, relevant comparisons, and photos, you are among the best there is. I genuinely get excited when you review a product I am interested in. I don’t say that lightly. Despite what others have negatively said about reviewers, the community as a whole appreciates all that you do and the effort that goes into your work.

————————

I do have one question though: what are your preferred tips for the Volür?

Nov 9, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #22,866 of 23,680
Your review was incredibly detailed and well written. I just resonate with your input more than other reviewers and I get a better sense of the sound as it relates to my preferences. I would argue that the combination of your review layout, content, relevant comparisons, and photos, you are among the best there is. I genuinely get excited when you review a product I am interested in. I don’t say that lightly. Despite what others have negatively said about reviewers, the community as a whole appreciates all that you do and the effort that goes into your work.

————————

I do have one question though: what are your preferred tips for the Volür?
Thanks for the kind words 🙏 There are a few I liked with Volur, including Eletech Baroque, Acoustune AEX70 and AEX07, Sedna Crystal, and JVC Spiral Dots. Really depends on fit and comfort, and which part of the FR you want to emphasize. Any tips that give a good seal for the bass to do its work would be my rec.

Nov 9, 2023 at 6:51 PM Post #22,867 of 23,680
Thanks for the kind words 🙏 There are a few I liked with Volur, including Eletech Baroque, Acoustune AEX70 and AEX07, Sedna Crystal, and JVC Spiral Dots. Really depends on fit and comfort, and which part of the FR you want to emphasize. Any tips that give a good seal for the bass to do its work would be my rec.
For what it's worth, I'm using Sedna Earfits, but these are my go-to tips for most IEMs. They work very well for me with the Volur.
@Francisco Evangelista I have used two cables with the Volur - a pure silver (type 6 litz), and the Mini Chimera from DHC. I just received the mini chimera yesterday and am still getting to know it, but so far it's a stunner with the Volur.

Nov 11, 2023 at 7:11 PM Post #22,868 of 23,680
For what it's worth, I'm using Sedna Earfits, but these are my go-to tips for most IEMs. They work very well for me with the Volur.
@Francisco Evangelista I have used two cables with the Volur - a pure silver (type 6 litz), and the Mini Chimera from DHC. I just received the mini chimera yesterday and am still getting to know it, but so far it's a stunner with the Volur.
Thanks! i'm curious to try the Effect audio fusion on the Volur, still think silver can work best.

Eartips tips for now i'm using Dunu Candy good seal, balance bass, very airy with good soundstage, tried Whizzer Easytips SS20 and they are also good, but miss the special factor... TangZu Tang Sancai (Wide Bore) did not like weak bass and little high on the treble for me. NF Audio MS42 are top, more intimate presentation very tubey like vocals but you loose some soundstage, bass is top notch with these. Tried the azla light short, but can't get a good seal with them so no go for me...

Nov 13, 2023 at 6:43 AM Post #22,869 of 23,680
Hi everyone,

Is someone has been able to compare Fourté Blanc and Fourté Noir ?

Thx,
MG

Nov 13, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #22,870 of 23,680
I've been cable rolling U12t and wanted to share quick impressions of two cable pairings:

PW Audio Silver Liars and Nightjar Vanguard 4W (upgraded Nightjar Singularity stock cable).

Why I'm cable rolling:
- The stock U12t cable is... not great.
- U12t lacks bass decay
- U12t can sound a little unengaging

Chain:
- iBasso 320MAX Ti/HiBy RS6
- NF Audio MS42 tips (silky mids, smooth and even highs, neutral bass)

PWAudio Silver Liars
From a technical standpoint, SL is a great match. Staging and resolution are vastly improved. There's tons of air. SL allows the tia drivers to sing.
Bass is not emphasized but it's tighter and quicker. The tonal balance is slightly shifted towards the high end.

On 320MAX, a neutral bright DAP, the timbre sounds bright and metallic. On RS6, a very warm DAP, the metallic timbre is still present but much more masked. I found the SL/RS6 pairing much more tolerable.

Nightjar Vanguard 4W
This cable does a great job retaining technicalities and staging, while adding a nice organic tone to U12t. Very lush mids with additional emphasis to the low end adding a nice decay and even some texture. The treble is smoother while still retaining detail.

The tonal balance is shifted slightly towards the mids and the low end.

As a whole, Vanguard 4W is a step down from Silver Liars technically, but addresses all the issues I had (lack of bass decay and engagement factor) while adding positively to timbre.

U12t's timbre and bass with Vanguard remind me of U4s' timbre and bass. In fact, the entire presentation of this pairing reminds me of a more technical U4s.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #22,871 of 23,680
Hi everyone,

Is someone has been able to compare Fourté Blanc and Fourté Noir ?

Thx,
MG
@Damz87 could, if he has the time.

iirc, he said they were relatively interchangeable. Blanc having a tighter, less old school analog bass response (texture).
Most folks that've owned both did so not at the same time. Audio memory being what it is... (shrug)

Nov 13, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #22,872 of 23,680
The amazing thing about the Volur is the quality and quantity of the bass, and it just never really bleeds or messes with any of the lower mids.

Nov 14, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #22,874 of 23,680
The full luxury portable setup when I want it all with me. It's actually a pretty small profile case.

Volur, Eros S cable with Con-X and Termin-X features. iFi Go Blu, all the modules, cleaning tool, plus a usb dongle in case I run out of battery. In the little black box is the smaller balanced plug and the 3.5mm plug so I can always switch them out on the cable if I bring the Qudelix 5K out with me or use the dongle. Also in there are a set of the MMCX Con-X connectors, so I can just throw in a different pair of IEM's and don't need another set of cables with them. I can just change the connection on the Eros-S and keep going.

PXL_20231114_145701714 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #22,875 of 23,680
The full luxury portable setup when I want it all with me. It's actually a pretty small profile case.

Volur, Eros S cable with Con-X and Termin-X features. iFi Go Blu, all the modules, cleaning tool, plus a usb dongle in case I run out of battery. In the little black box is the smaller balanced plug and the 3.5mm plug so I can always switch them out if I bring the Qudelix 5K out with me or use the dongle. Also in there are a set of the MMCX Con-X connectors, so I can just throw in a different pair of IEM's and don't need another set of cables with them. I can just change the connection on the Eros-S and keep going.

PXL_20231114_145701714 (Medium).jpg
Are those ear tips Symbio F?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back