The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Oct 23, 2023 at 7:03 PM Post #22,801 of 23,720
Oct 23, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #22,802 of 23,720
Oct 24, 2023 at 5:30 AM Post #22,803 of 23,720
I’ve heard from those who’ve extensively-heard/owned both that the Volur’s bass quality matches, if not exceeds, the Rn6’s.
Do you mean that these people mention Volur has a similar and comparable attack that Radon6 has? That would be so wonderful if at all this is true. One thing which is a clear distinction between Radon and Xenon is this controlled bass. Xenon has bit of increased mid/upper bass which disturbs the mids and the mids don’t come out as sweet and forward as they do in Radon.

I will try to demo Volur in coming weeks.

Oct 24, 2023 at 5:34 AM Post #22,804 of 23,720
Do you mean that these people mention Volur has a similar and comparable attack that Radon6 has? That would be so wonderful if at all this is true. One thing which is a clear distinction between Radon and Xenon is this controlled bass. Xenon has bit of increased mid/upper bass which disturbs the mids and the mids don’t come out as sweet and forward as they do in Radon.

I will try to demo Volur in coming weeks.
I think they were talking more about resolution, texture and those kinds of technical qualities. Based off memory, though, the Volur’s bass is definitely more like the Rn6’s than the Xe6’s.

Oct 24, 2023 at 6:14 AM Post #22,805 of 23,720
Demoed the 64Audio lineup today. Fourte(my unit) is the undisputed king of all. I like U18s more than the Trio. It has better bass IMO and wider soundstage than Trio. Trio and Fourte has almost similar treble response, the bass on Fourte is bit better and Fourte has that distinctive spaciousness in its sound. Also, I don’t agree to few people’s claim that Trio has a better tuning than Fourte. Most of the tuning almost identical, IMO.

It’s quite noticeable that all of them has a similar sound signature. Duo has leaner bass. I prefer U12t to the Duo.

IMG_8369.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #22,806 of 23,720
Demoed the 64Audio lineup today. Fourte(my unit) is the undisputed king of all. I like U18s more than the Trio. It has better bass IMO and wider soundstage than Trio. Trio and Fourte has almost similar treble response, the bass on Fourte is bit better and Fourte has that distinctive spaciousness in its sound. Also, I don’t agree to few people’s claim that Trio has a better tuning than Fourte. Most of the tuning almost identical, IMO.

It’s quite noticeable that all of them has a similar sound signature. Duo has leaner bass. I prefer U12t to the Duo.

IMG_8369.jpeg
Were you able to demo the Volur? Wondering how it compares to the Fourte.

Oct 24, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #22,807 of 23,720
man someone posted a really cool chart here then taketh away! boo!

Oct 24, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #22,808 of 23,720

IMG_8369.jpeg
Also how does the bass on u18s compare to Volur if you did get a chance to try Volur?

Oct 24, 2023 at 8:17 PM Post #22,809 of 23,720
Also how does the bass on u18s compare to Volur if you did get a chance to try Volur?
I can jump in and try to help.
I just received my Volurs yesterday; in all transparency, I just recently sold my U18s' (not because I dind't love them!), so I cannot do a direct A/B, but from very good memory...

First, the comparison is a bit hard because of the driver differences. Second, my thoughts are using the M20 module (which is the only module I used on the 18s).

I like to think of the U18s as having a "warm reference" tuning with top-tier technicalities. The Volur is a bit more of a fun tuning - not at all what I would consider reference. Technicalities are very solid, but perhaps a step behind the 18s as you might expect.

The quanity of bass on the Volur is quite a bit elevated versus the 18s, and there's also a stronger sub-bass emphasis; the 18s' sub-bass rolled off just a tad, whereas I find the Volur's sub-bass has no roll-off at all that I can hear.

The quality of bass is also different as we're talking BA vs DD (not to mention the unique configuation of Volur's DDs). I don't know if I'd say one is better than the other, it's more of a preference thing. I personally have come to appreciate DD bass more (which is part of the reason I sold my 18s)...bit slower decay, more accurate (to me) bass timbre, etc. The Volur's bass has excellent rumble (much more than the 18s as you might expect), I've not perceived any bleed into the mids, and while it hits hard when called upon, I also find it can be quite constrained when the music calls for it.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2023 at 4:54 AM Post #22,810 of 23,720
I can jump in and try to help.
I just received my Volurs yesterday; in all transparency, I just recently sold my U18s' (not because I dind't love them!), so I cannot do a direct A/B, but from very good memory...

First, the comparison is a bit hard because of the driver differences. Second, my thoughts are using the M20 module (which is the only module I used on the 18s).

I like to think of the U18s as having a "warm reference" tuning with top-tier technicalities. The Volur is a bit more of a fun tuning - not at all what I would consider reference. Technicalities are very solid, but perhaps a step behind the 18s as you might expect.

The quanity of bass on the Volur is quite a bit elevated versus the 18s, and there's also a stronger sub-bass emphasis; the 18s' sub-bass rolled off just a tad, whereas I find the Volur's sub-bass has no roll-off at all that I can hear.

The quality of bass is also different as we're talking BA vs DD (not to mention the unique configuation of Volur's DDs). I don't know if I'd say one is better than the other, it's more of a preference thing. I personally have come to appreciate DD bass more (which is part of the reason I sold my 18s)...bit slower decay, more accurate (to me) bass timbre, etc. The Volur's bass has excellent rumble (much more than the 18s as you might expect), I've not perceived any bleed into the mids, and while it hits hard when called upon, I also find it can be quite constrained when the music calls for it.

Hope that helps!
Thanks for the detailed comparison. I wanted to add something too. By no means, the bass on U18s is lean, but yes, it's not a DD bass, so preference really matters. The main difference between U18s and Fourte IMO is the way treble is done on Fourte. IMO, U18s sounds equally fantastic, minus the better treble handling of the Fourte. U18s is quite detailed and has a very nice soundstage. So, someone looking for a comparison between Volur and U18s must consider other parameters too, other than bass. Because technically, it will be really hard to beat the U18s.

Oct 25, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #22,813 of 23,720

I think you need more time with the Trio to understand the differences. To me, the Trio and Fourte are very different (I have both). I would say that the Trio has a tuning that works with a wider variety of genres than the Fourte, mainly because the treble is sharper on the Fourte. The Fourte has a more nuanced sound and will reward you SO well if you feed it music that is quality produced/recorded. It's more detailed and immersive. When it comes to the bass, I think the Fourte has a more delicate touch, and the Trio is a little more powerful there. They're both amazing, it just depends on the music you listen to, and I'm curious about what you listen to.

Oct 25, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #22,814 of 23,720
Something that I don’t think was covered yet, how do the Volur scale with more power? I’m sure they don’t need a powerful desktop amp but do people notice a difference going from capable dongle to amp?
probably no noticeable difference unless you're stretching the capabilities of either. For example, the Audioquest Cobalt dongles can sometimes short out because of the low-impedance of the IEMs if you turn the volume all the way up. But if the dongle and the big amp drive them well, for your volume preference, then you shouldn't really hear a benefit from the added power output capabilities since they don't need that much power.

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Oct 25, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #22,815 of 23,720
it just depends on the music you listen to, and I'm curious about what you listen to.
Mostly soft rock, jazz, 60/70’s rock. Not much into metal and heavy music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back