The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Oct 3, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #22,696 of 23,556
Hey Daniel,

I've been meaning to ask this. Where did you get your audio engineering (apologies if this isn't the exact terminology/major) education? I'm interested in learning more.
I have a Diploma in Music Production and Audio Engineering from the Orita Sinclair School of Design and Music in Singapore. (‘Sorry for the insane amount of proper nouns there. :D)

I was there from 2016 to 2017. Then, I became a monitor engineer at my church (i.e. I mix what goes into each band member’s IEM or stage wedge). Then, around 2018, I took over front-of-house duties, and started mixing and mastering studio recordings for my church as well.

EDIT: ‘Got my dates mixed up!

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #22,697 of 23,556
I have a Diploma in Music Production and Audio Engineering from the Orita Sinclair School of Design and Music in Singapore. (‘Sorry for the insane amount of proper nouns there. :D)

I was there from 2014 to 2016. Then, I became a monitor engineer at my church (i.e. I mix what goes into each band member’s IEM or stage wedge). Then, around 2017, I took over front-of-house duties, and started mixing and mastering studio recordings for my church as well.
Hahaha thanks for sharing. That is definitely a mouthful :sweat_smile:

I purchased a fundamentals of audio engineering course on Udemy which I think is a good start to build some knowledge and engage with the hobby in a deeper way.

I've seen many of your posts around on various threads which inspired me to learn some more.

Oct 3, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #22,698 of 23,556
Yesterday only used Symbio W with the Volur, which are my most used tips. Today have gone to pure silicone without marshmallow foam stuffing. A couple different spinfits, a pair of Azla, and some set I have no idea where I got them.

Definitely steers the signature to less warm and more balanced than the symbio's, which really bring the bass out to play the most.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #22,699 of 23,556
Yesterday only used Symbio W with the Volur, which are my most used tips. Today have gone to silicone. A couple different spinfits, a pair of Azla, and some set I have no idea where I got them.

Definitely steers the signature to less warm and more balanced than the symbio's, which really bring the bass out to play the most.
I started using Symbio W on the U4s about a month ago since they seal well and I mostly use the IEM when I'm outside. I didn't love them on the Volur first listen though, at least with whatever music I was listening to yesterday.

I recently discovered the SednaEarFit Standard tips which were included with the Symphonium Crimson. They have a wide bore like the included 64 Audio tips and I find they work very well with Volur. They provide a ton of clean impactful bass and don't darken the top end. I briefly tried the included Spinfits too, which I have used with the U4s and other 64 Audio IEMs but right now I'm digging the SednaEarFit tips.

Oct 3, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #22,700 of 23,556
I started using Symbio W on the U4s about a month ago since they seal well and I mostly use the IEM when I'm outside. I didn't love them on the Volur first listen though, at least with whatever music I was listening to yesterday.

I recently discovered the SednaEarFit Standard tips which were included with the Symphonium Crimson. They have a wide bore like the included 64 Audio tips and I find they work very well with Volur. They provide a ton of clean impactful bass and don't darken the top end. I briefly tried the included Spinfits too, which I have used with the U4s and other 64 Audio IEMs but right now I'm digging the SednaEarFit tips.

Those are the Azla I am using. The SednaEarFit Crystal Standard tips. Definitely sound great with the Volur. These sound like a slightly warm and fun but detailed set with good treble extension with these tips. Of course I do like bass so maybe people more into mids and trebles may disagree a bit. Though I did try the Bravado Mkii and they were super excessive in the bass for 90% of music.

These Volur sound more like the Bloom Review with these tips.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #22,701 of 23,556
Those are the Azla I am using. The SednaEarFit Crystal Standard tips. Definitely sound great with the Volur. These sound like a slightly warm and fun but detailed set with good treble extension with these tips. Of course I do like bass so maybe people more into mids and trebles may disagree a bit. Though I did try the Bravado Mkii and they were super excessive in the bass for 90% of music.

These Volur sound more like the Bloom Review with these tips.
Crystal have slightly different measurements but similar(see attached images). I believe the wide bore silicone tips that sit flush to the nozzle and are included with the IEM are what 64 Audio tunes around so it might be worth testing them first to get a baseline. I've never been able to get a good seal with them so I don't use them.

Attachments

• Crystal_Standard.jpg
    Crystal_Standard.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Standard.jpg
    Standard.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 0
Oct 3, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #22,702 of 23,556
Crystal have slightly different measurements but similar(see attached images). I believe the wide bore silicone tips that sit flush to the nozzle and are included with the IEM are what 64 Audio tunes around so it might be worth testing them first to get a baseline. I've never been able to get a good seal with them so I don't use them.

thanks. I kept seeing the crystal being referred to as Crystal Standard so I thought they were the same. Just found some actual standard on audio46 and ordered them. Even a slight difference is worth exploring.

Oct 3, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #22,703 of 23,556
thanks. I kept seeing the crystal being referred to as Crystal Standard so I thought they were the same. Just found some actual standard on audio46 and ordered them. Even a slight difference is worth exploring.
I like the most the XELASTEC, give them a try too 😉

Oct 4, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #22,704 of 23,556
I have U4s and U12t. If I got the Volur, do you think it would be an upgrade to both of these? I’d assume “yes” for U4s but is there anything with the U12t that excels vs Volur (I think I read soundstage on a review?).
According to Bloom Audio’s review, which is the most thorough comparison so far between the two that I’m aware of, the u12t and Volür are apparently quite similar. They answered some more comparison questions to other 64 audio IEMs in their YouTube comments. Since they have all the 64 audio IEMs in stock as well as a lot of the competition, they’re probably as good a resource as you’ll find, short of going to listen to everything yourself. They’re good lads.

Oct 4, 2023 at 7:26 PM Post #22,708 of 23,556
For those interested, here's some more Volür background and details recently published on our blog: https://blog.64audio.com/volur-our-new-ten-driver-hybrid-uiem/

This was interesting and of course it is marketing speak mixed in with technical info, but this is what I was looking for

"The tia waveguide plays the biggest role in improving HF response since our invention of the direct-radiating driver. The clarity presented by the HF band, and Volür’s unbelievably wide sound-stage, puts it in the same sonic resolution category as our flagship Fourté. This is a rare high-end audio product that bridges the gap between indulgent bass-loving and technical detail-oriented audiophiles."

But I haven't really owned any high end technical detailed IEM's, I tend to go for a bit of a warmer signature, but always craved more technical performance, so I am interested in hearing comparisons with others who have heard other high end stuff.

Oct 4, 2023 at 7:27 PM Post #22,709 of 23,556
@64Audio There seems to still be an issue with the website. I'm not able to log in or reset my password. Also, will the Volur ordered through your retailers contain the m12 module, or is that only if you order directly?
So sorry about that. Can you try clearing your cache and reattempting to do those things?

To answer your m12 question, yes they will all come with m12 module as an introductory value add, whether purchased direct or through one of our resellers.

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back