The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Sep 18, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #21,016 of 23,594
Thanks for the case recommendations, all! On another subject, I've just started experimenting with the different apex modules on my A12t's. First observation is that these sound incredible *even without any apex module installed.*. Consider me impressed.

Is there any particular technique to swapping apex modules? I assume that the orientation of the plug doesn't matter as long as they're pressed in as far as they'll go?

So far I am enjoying the m15's the most. Compared to the m20's they tame the insane bass down to a nice enjoyable bass/sub bass boost. The mX sounds pretty close to what I'd consider "neutral". All three sound fantastic, but the m15's seem to be what I'm in the mood to hear most.

Has anyone here compared the Fir Atom modules to the Apex modules? Fir's offerings seem quite similar, but with perhaps slightly different combinations of bass boost/cut vs. overall isolation/attenuation?

Sep 18, 2022 at 5:36 PM Post #21,017 of 23,594
I’ve not seen anything regarding Fir’s modules with the a/u12t but someone on here did for the Nio, towards the end of the last review.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/64-audio-nio.24741/reviews

11900A3D-D4BC-4860-BA4A-1B0949AC7A03.png

That’s a graph of the 6 64/Fir modules from the review. Given that one can get practically 2 ATOM modules for the price of 1 APEX it’s probably worth doing even if they end up being spares.

Sep 18, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #21,018 of 23,594
I’ve not seen anything regarding Fir’s modules with the a/u12t but someone on here did for the Nio, towards the end of the last review.

That’s a graph of the 6 64/Fir modules from the review. Given that one can get practically 2 ATOM modules for the price of 1 APEX it’s probably worth doing even if they end up being spares.
I haven't put my set of four Fir Atom XL modules under a microscope, but they're indistinguishable to me from 64 Audio's. I settled on the N17 as my favorite with the U12t.

Sep 18, 2022 at 8:04 PM Post #21,019 of 23,594

This is fantastic, thanks for sharing. Really interesting how except for the mX the FR is completely unchanged until you get below 200hz.

Sep 18, 2022 at 11:24 PM Post #21,020 of 23,594
I was at the show today with a friend who has the tia Fourte and the 64 audio guys told him they are working on an updated version. My apologies if this news has already leaked out. ✌️

Sep 19, 2022 at 10:49 AM Post #21,021 of 23,594
I was at the show today with a friend who has the tia Fourte and the 64 audio guys told him they are working on an updated version. My apologies if this news has already leaked out. ✌️
There have been rumors about something in the works, but nothing about what it is. I really hope you’re wrong though, or that it’s a flop. If they actually made a Fourte with a more conversational tuning,… 💸,💸💸💸

Sep 19, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #21,022 of 23,594
There have been rumors about something in the works, but nothing about what it is. I really hope you’re wrong though, or that it’s a flop. If they actually made a Fourte with a more conversational tuning,… 💸,💸💸💸
You hope their new iem is a flop and don’t want it w/o hearing it? Strange thing to post.

What if it is a more “peasant pleasant” tuning?

Sep 19, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #21,023 of 23,594
You hope their new iem is a flop and don’t want it w/o hearing it? Strange thing to post.

What if it is a more “peasant pleasant” tuning?
I guess “tongue in cheek” comments don’t come across in text any better than sarcasm. I can’t see myself buying another expensive iem after getting the Nio but a retuned Fourte,… maybe.

Sep 19, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #21,024 of 23,594
I guess “tongue in cheek” comments don’t come across in text any better than sarcasm. I can’t see myself buying another expensive iem after getting the Nio but a retuned Fourte,… maybe.
Sorry buddy, you guessed correctly. We need a sarcasm emoji stat! They've got almost everything else.

Sep 19, 2022 at 8:32 PM Post #21,025 of 23,594
Heard the @64Audio Nio and U12T yesterday at Canjam SoCal 2022. Placed my order for a Nio today from Headphones.com. One of the best audio experiences I have ever heard. The sound is smooth yet detailed. The bass is intoxicating. The tuneability and comfort are a huge bonus. And American made? Sold. With the headphones.com free Fedex overnight shipping , I will be enjoying these amazing IEMs in a matter of hours!

Sep 20, 2022 at 2:18 AM Post #21,026 of 23,594
Heard the @64Audio Nio and U12T yesterday at Canjam SoCal 2022. Placed my order for a Nio today from Headphones.com. One of the best audio experiences I have ever heard. The sound is smooth yet detailed. The bass is intoxicating. The tuneability and comfort are a huge bonus. And American made? Sold. With the headphones.com free Fedex overnight shipping , I will be enjoying these amazing IEMs in a matter of hours!
Congrats and enjoy! Still love my Nio.

Sep 20, 2022 at 10:39 AM Post #21,027 of 23,594
Congratulations. I don’t know what it is about that IEM (w/ M15) but it just sounds “right”. Especially with acoustic/more low key and/or intimate music. The album “fruit” by The A’s is a good example of this, I’m not a fan of maybe half of that album but the other half,…

Sep 21, 2022 at 8:31 AM Post #21,028 of 23,594
Hi 64 Audio Family!

I'm a proud owner of a Tia Trio and for the past year I have tried many different ear tips. It was a struggle to find the perfect ones (espacially silicone tips) and I just wanna share my thoughts as you might be interested:

Foam tips:
I think the original 64 Audio foam tips are some of the best. They don't change the sound much and are very comfortable. Depending on the music, I actually really like that they are taming the treble a little bit.
Comply Foam:
I had many different ones. Was never a big fan of any them, they were always comfortable and isolation is good but I think they change the sound more than any other tip I have tried. And I had to replace them more frequently than other foam tips (the foam just starts to fall apart)
Symbio F:
My favorite Foam tips. Probably the most comfortable tips I have tried. No drastic changes of the sound, just a little bit "warmer" sounding overall. Great Isolation similar to the original 64 Audio foam tips. The orange colour is not for everyone, but the Trios look great with them in my opinion :)

Silicon tips:
I have always struggled with the fit of silicone tips.
The original 64 Audio silicone tips are quite soft and comfortable but i could never get a sealed fit in both of my ears.
AZLA Xelatec:
Because of their sticky nature, I had a great sealed fit with them and the sound was very clean. But especially over longer listening sessions they weren't the most comfortable. The constant cleaning is another thing which was kind of annoying (every dust particle sticks to them)
Final E, SpinFits, Spiral Dot:
I owned several different silicone tips of these brands. All of them were very soft and felt comfortable in my ears. But I still couldn't get the fit right.
Acoustune AET06 Double Flange:
These are the very best silcone tips to me. Very comfortable, even over longer periods and perfect sealed fit. Sound is very clean (as always with silcone tips) and overall just my first choice on the Tia Trios.

Maybe this post is a bit long and i do apologize for my english. But definitely give the Symbio F Foam tips and the Acoustune AET06 Double Flange tips a try if you can.

Enjoy your music!

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:28 PM Post #21,029 of 23,594
Considering I bought the u12t a few years ago, I was wondering if the mx module is worth purchasing? What does it change compared to the m15 module besides the lower isolation. Is it worth as a purchase as an extra or not really?

Sep 21, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #21,030 of 23,594
Considering I bought the u12t a few years ago, I was wondering if the mx module is worth purchasing? What does it change compared to the m15 module besides the lower isolation. Is it worth as a purchase as an extra or not really?
When I tried them I found myself wishing for more bass on some tracks. Not so with the m15 and especially not the m20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back