The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 22, 2022 at 12:32 AM Post #20,551 of 23,562
IMG20220621211007~2-03.jpeg

Just another night
Try this song
Buddy just recommended it
Pluratone - The Night Won't Scare me

Jun 22, 2022 at 2:16 AM Post #20,552 of 23,562
anyone tried a u12t with horus pairing? Still waiting on my u12t and only cable I have left is the horus

Jun 23, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #20,553 of 23,562
Hi all I have the Fourte with me here and am trying to get a good fit, can anyone recommend tips for it (the ones I have seem mostly to pop off into my ears..).

Also, I personally am not a big fan of the thin cable and think this may be a lot of the issue I am having, what's the consensus on a decent aftermarket cable for these?

Jun 23, 2022 at 12:47 PM Post #20,556 of 23,562
Jun 23, 2022 at 3:01 PM Post #20,557 of 23,562
Hi all I have the Fourte with me here and am trying to get a good fit, can anyone recommend tips for it (the ones I have seem mostly to pop off into my ears..).

Also, I personally am not a big fan of the thin cable and think this may be a lot of the issue I am having, what's the consensus on a decent aftermarket cable for these?

A small update, I have tried using the cable I bought recently from DoctorJuggles for my EXTs, and it pretty much solves the fit issues I have with the Fourte's. Not sure about the colour matching going on here, but it certainly is a 100% improvement on the stock cable which I have to say, I consider to be one of the worst I have come across to date. Why make such a steller IEM like this then dump a cable on it that's so awkward and virtually unusable. All very much IMO of course, YMMV. If I do keep these, I will probably look at buying another Eletech Iliad cable or similar.

Attachments

• IMG_1843.jpg
    IMG_1843.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Jun 23, 2022 at 5:55 PM Post #20,558 of 23,562
A small update, I have tried using the cable I bought recently from DoctorJuggles for my EXTs, and it pretty much solves the fit issues I have with the Fourte's. Not sure about the colour matching going on here, but it certainly is a 100% improvement on the stock cable which I have to say, I consider to be one of the worst I have come across to date. Why make such a steller IEM like this then dump a cable on it that's so awkward and virtually unusable. All very much IMO of course, YMMV. If I do keep these, I will probably look at buying another Eletech Iliad cable or similar.
Do you note (perhaps share) any sonic difference with DoctorJuggles vs stock cable?

Jun 23, 2022 at 6:25 PM Post #20,559 of 23,562

I like the Azla SednaEarFitLight Shorts on mine. The bass is improved as are the mids. For cables I like the Effect Audio Leo 2, Hourus and Horus 8 and also the PW Audio 1950’s. I use the Horus at the moment, though the 1950’s might be better as it will tame the highs slightly and has great bass. It has a touch of microphonics.

Jun 24, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #20,560 of 23,562
After tip rolling for a while I seem to be of the opinion that the stock L silicones give the best fit, although that is my testing being just sat here at my desk. I find the true test is when out and about, as a poor fitting tip is much easier to identify in movement. I tried some Spinfits that seemed fine at first, but any movement of my jaw affected the levels of bass notably so it looks like the seal was not too good. The Sedna Shorts were not too bad, but they put pressure on my ear canal which begins to hurt after a while, perhaps I could drop a size on those.

Have any of you purchased the silver cable upgrades offered here - https://www.64audio.com/collections/cables-and-adaptors - and if so, what's your thoughts on them? I may order a spare pair of silocone tips from 64 Audios website, so could pop one of those cables into the basket also.

Jun 24, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #20,561 of 23,562
After tip rolling for a while I seem to be of the opinion that the stock L silicones give the best fit, although that is my testing being just sat here at my desk. I find the true test is when out and about, as a poor fitting tip is much easier to identify in movement. I tried some Spinfits that seemed fine at first, but any movement of my jaw affected the levels of bass notably so it looks like the seal was not too good. The Sedna Shorts were not too bad, but they put pressure on my ear canal which begins to hurt after a while, perhaps I could drop a size on those.

Have any of you purchased the silver cable upgrades offered here - https://www.64audio.com/collections/cables-and-adaptors - and if so, what's your thoughts on them? I may order a spare pair of silocone tips from 64 Audios website, so could pop one of those cables into the basket also.
With exception of their new Premium Cable and IPX Professional Cables, they all have memory wire which makes them totally undesirable.

Jun 24, 2022 at 2:33 PM Post #20,562 of 23,562

My u12t just arrived and it came with 3 sets of tips, spinfits, foam and default silicon. Spinfits don't fit me very well, its difficult to get a good insertion without folding the flaps of the tips.

What works for me is spiral dots, ultra comfortable and the height of it is very similar to the default silicon tips provided from 64audio, which is the bore being same/almost of the same height as the top of the tips.

With exception of their new Premium Cable and IPX Professional Cables, they all have memory wire which makes them totally undesirable.
Current wires that come with my u12t are the newer versions, without any memory wire. From pictures, I think their default cable are the premium ones now

Jun 25, 2022 at 2:43 AM Post #20,563 of 23,562
Hi everyone, I'm new here, couple of weeks ago I've listened (briefly) a U18S and I've found them let's say "interesting".
I've read some pages in this thread but admittedly not the all 1371 :astonished: and I've found very few feedbacks/comments on the U18S.
Can I ask why so little love for the U18S?

Jun 25, 2022 at 2:52 AM Post #20,564 of 23,562
Hi everyone, I'm new here, couple of weeks ago I've listened (briefly) a U18S and I've found them let's say "interesting".
I've read some pages in this thread but admittedly not the all 1371 :astonished: and I've found very few feedbacks/comments on the U18S.
Can I ask why so little love for the U18S?
They are certainly are "interesting."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back