The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 25, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #20,581 of 23,565
thanks, appreciated your comment. actually I was looking for a very detailed IEM but with some good basses, and I got an opportunity for a used U18S at a really very low price (less than a used U12T), but from the comments I'm reading maybe I should go straight to the U12T....
I think it's worth remembering that when some people compare the u18s and u12 they are often comparing on value for money as well as sound presentation.

I think that if you have the chance of getting a U18s cheaper than a u12 then I'd personally plump for the u18s....but that's just me😄

Jun 25, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #20,582 of 23,565
Question:
I see you own:
iBasso DX300 & Mest Mk II
What Amp do you have ?
And a balanced cable for your Mest Mk II ?
11mk2. have tried the 12 but sold, very good amp but I like more the 11mk2. will try the 13 (and if possible the 11mk2s)
cables tipically an 8 cores spc+graphene, but like also a12 cores pure silver, all balanced. personally don't believe so much in kilobucks cables, but of course this is only me.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2022 at 5:12 PM Post #20,583 of 23,565
11mk2. have tried the 12 but sold, very good amp but I like more the 11mk2. will try the 13 (and if possible the 11mk2s)
cables tipically an 8 cores spc+graphene, but like also a12 cores pure silver, all balanced. personally don't believe so much in kilobucks cables, but of course this is only me.
Because I own Mest Mk II as well
They actually where collecting dust
Now I have them at the moment paired with my N8ii and PW Audio First Times and they never sound better ....

Jun 25, 2022 at 6:33 PM Post #20,584 of 23,565
I think it's worth remembering that when some people compare the u18s and u12 they are often comparing on value for money as well as sound presentation.

I think that if you have the chance of getting a U18s cheaper than a u12 then I'd personally plump for the u18s....but that's just me😄
Yeah I agree with this, I demoed both 12t and 18s when I was deciding which way to go for a custom. I definitely found the 18s to be even more detailed and resolving than the 12t, but that difference ultimately wasn’t quite enough for me to pay the premium for the CIEM.

But if they were the same price I’d get the 18s for sure.

Jun 25, 2022 at 11:58 PM Post #20,585 of 23,565
From all IEMs I ever tried I had to choose one… I couldn’t. 😇
I can….. the Tia Forte but I don’t want to spend $3,500 in a pair of IEMs that I just use when travel.
At home I use my other headphones or my two channel system so I just keep going with my trusty A10.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Jun 26, 2022 at 10:57 PM Post #20,586 of 23,565
for the same price, i'll actually still pick the u12t. Unless the u18t is quite a bit cheaper than the u12t i'll get it just to be proud of getting a big price reduction :beyersmile:

Jun 26, 2022 at 11:22 PM Post #20,587 of 23,565
I can….. the Tia Forte but I don’t want to spend $3,500 in a pair of IEMs that I just use when travel.
At home I use my other headphones or my two channel system so I just keep going with my trusty A10.
You can use them anywhere
At least that's what I do ... 🤷
IMG20220512200316-01.jpeg

Jun 27, 2022 at 1:38 PM Post #20,588 of 23,565
You can use them anywhere
At least that's what I do ... 🤷
IMG20220512200316-01.jpeg
I understand but I have 3 different full size headphones amplifiers fed by a nice DAC and some TOL headphones at home so those are the ones I use more.

The IEMs are just for on the go for me.
I still have a AK240 DAP and my custom A10.
I used to have a Hugo 2 but I simplified the rig just with the DAP and that is good enough for the on the go for me.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Jun 28, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #20,590 of 23,565
fourte have been around for a very long time, and can be had for far less at this point

i sold a set for around $1900 a few months back...just keep an eye on the classifieds.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2022 at 8:15 PM Post #20,591 of 23,565
How does the CAMPFIRE AUDIO ANDROMEDA 2020 compare to the U6T?

First let me say that both the Andro2020 and U6t are outstanding IEMs in their own right. If I didn’t know other IEMs existed, I could walk away from the hobby with either one of them and be happy for a very long time.

As far as comparing them, well it’s probably more an exercise in contrasting them, as they are rather different from each other in many ways. Which one is better for you will come down to your preferences, music library, and how you listen to music.

Starting with sound, the U6t like many 64Audio IEMs is a neutral, reference-like tuning with a sub-bass emphasis. I was actually a little surprised with how much bass they do have, they extend very deep and deliver plenty of quantity. In the mids and treble the U6t presents everything to you in a smooth pleasing manner that is very easy on your ears, but with little colour or emphasis. Just the music, to use the cliche, ‘as the artist intended’. The Andro2020 however is much more forward in the upper midrange and treble, and has a shimmery, almost sparkly quality to it’s presentation that is very intoxicating. I think it’s this along with it's technical ability that makes it a more musical, engaging, and spine-tingling listen, one of the best in the game imho. The Andro2020 has a reputation for being bass-lite, and I find this generally the case vs the U6t. However, the Andro is also sensitive to the output impedance of different sources; those with low OI like my HiBy RS6 and Schiit desktop amps have a significant effect to increase bass response from the Andro to the point where it is not of course bass-head level, but it is still very rich and detailed.

On the technical front, the Andro2020 comes out in front for me with a wider stage, and with more defined instrument placement and separation. Again, I think it is these factors that give the Andro its more life-like, musical and engaging nature. The U6t is by no means deficient in these areas, but it’s more of a "just the facts, ma’am" kind of approach that does everything correctly without drawing attention to itself.

Getting back to source sensitivity it’s worth pointing out the U6t uses 64Audio’s LID technology which removes source output impedance from the equation. This means you can use the U6t with pretty much anything and know that it will always sound great; this is not true of the Andro2020, it is prone to hiss on some sources, and as I mentioned above it’s FR will change depending on the source OI. I leave a cheap Apple dongle in the U6t case for those times when I just want something to grab-and-go, the U6t is perfect for that. Or if I’m going to the office with just my laptop I’ll take the U6t and not worry/care about any dongle, DAP, DAC or anything. And, if you want to use an IEM on an airplane the U6t works great, even with the in-seat entertainment system. Andro2020, not so much.

I use IEMs/headphones for extended periods every day, at least 6 hours, sometimes 10 or 12, so fit and comfort are important to me. This is a clear strength of the U6t as it is with any of the 64Audio IEMs, they are designed with extended use in mind. The APEX modules do a great job of relieving pressure in your ear canal improving long-term comfort. The Andro2020 is comfortable enough for me up to 2 hours or so, but can become a bit fatiguing after that, and can start to exert pressure inside my left ear-canal. The U6t I can listen to all day and is just as comfortable after 10 hours as it is after 10 minutes.

SO, which do you choose? It’s probably obvious by now that I love both these IEMs very much, and I’m fortunate I don’t have to choose. If I could summarise, I suppose I would say that if you listen with your head, get the U6t; if you listen with your heart, get the Andro2020.

Jun 28, 2022 at 8:22 PM Post #20,592 of 23,565
First let me say that both the Andro2020 and U6t are outstanding IEMs in their own right. If I didn’t know other IEMs existed, I could walk away from the hobby with either one of them and be happy for a very long time.

As far as comparing them, well it’s probably more an exercise in contrasting them, as they are rather different from each other in many ways. Which one is better for you will come down to your preferences, music library, and how you listen to music.

Starting with sound, the U6t like many 64Audio IEMs is a neutral, reference-like tuning with a sub-bass emphasis. I was actually a little surprised with how much bass they do have, they extend very deep and deliver plenty of quantity. In the mids and treble the U6t presents everything to you in a smooth pleasing manner that is very easy on your ears, but with little colour or emphasis. Just the music, to use the cliche, ‘as the artist intended’. The Andro2020 however is much more forward in the upper midrange and treble, and has a shimmery, almost sparkly quality to it’s presentation that is very intoxicating. I think it’s this along with it's technical ability that makes it a more musical, engaging, and spine-tingling listen, one of the best in the game imho. The Andro2020 has a reputation for being bass-lite, and I find this generally the case vs the U6t. However, the Andro is also sensitive to the output impedance of different sources; those with low OI like my HiBy RS6 and Schiit desktop amps have a significant effect to increase bass response from the Andro to the point where it is not of course bass-head level, but it is still very rich and detailed.

On the technical front, the Andro2020 comes out in front for me with a wider stage, and with more defined instrument placement and separation. Again, I think it is these factors that give the Andro its more life-like, musical and engaging nature. The U6t is by no means deficient in these areas, but it’s more of a "just the facts, ma’am" kind of approach that does everything correctly without drawing attention to itself.

Getting back to source sensitivity it’s worth pointing out the U6t uses 64Audio’s LID technology which removes source output impedance from the equation. This means you can use the U6t with pretty much anything and know that it will always sound great; this is not true of the Andro2020, it is prone to hiss on some sources, and as I mentioned above it’s FR will change depending on the source OI. I leave a cheap Apple dongle in the U6t case for those times when I just want something to grab-and-go, the U6t is perfect for that. Or if I’m going to the office with just my laptop I’ll take the U6t and not worry/care about any dongle, DAP, DAC or anything. And, if you want to use an IEM on an airplane the U6t works great, even with the in-seat entertainment system. Andro2020, not so much.

I use IEMs/headphones for extended periods every day, at least 6 hours, sometimes 10 or 12, so fit and comfort are important to me. This is a clear strength of the U6t as it is with any of the 64Audio IEMs, they are designed with extended use in mind. The APEX modules do a great job of relieving pressure in your ear canal improving long-term comfort. The Andro2020 is comfortable enough for me up to 2 hours or so, but can become a bit fatiguing after that, and can start to exert pressure inside my left ear-canal. The U6t I can listen to all day and is just as comfortable after 10 hours as it is after 10 minutes.

SO, which do you choose? It’s probably obvious by now that I love both these IEMs very much, and I’m fortunate I don’t have to choose. If I could summarise, I suppose I would say that if you listen with your head, get the U6t; if you listen with your heart, get the Andro2020.
Looking at neither, but a nice write-up. 👍

Jun 29, 2022 at 12:21 AM Post #20,593 of 23,565
Jun 30, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #20,594 of 23,565
Hello all,

U12t owner here.

i have been trying to figure out which choice is the best upgrade in regards of tips for my U12t that came with the CP145.

I have the AZLA SednaEarfit and the JVC Spiral Dots++ in mind but can't find the answer to some questions.

Do the AZLA SednaEarfit/Light (standard) have a bore of 4.5mm or 5.4mm?
There are conflicting reports about this.
Let's put it this way: How firm do these tips stay on the U12t? Do they ever move.. or even slip off the nozzle?

And i wonder: Is the sound different on these, the AZLA SednaEarfit compared to the JVC Spiral Dots++? They are really built similar, albeit the JVC are softer as i have read. I wonder if i should buy both or just one of them. And i know i will need a adapter to force the JVC to stay in place and not slide of the U12t.

Currently i am using the CP145 that was in the U12t box. Will the bass on the Sedna/JVC be less or more compared to the spinfit?

Thanks so far.

Jun 30, 2022 at 8:42 PM Post #20,595 of 23,565

Do you find that all the APEX modules relieve pressure equally well, or close enough? Or, do you detect a marked difference between the mx, m15, m20?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back