The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 30, 2021 at 4:37 AM Post #17,881 of 23,721
Wha-? You've ditched Fourte already? And for an A8K!? 🤔
🤣

Nah, he meant that he’s adding the A8k to his collection 😂

He just got the Fourté yesterday.

And he’s currently in the honeymoon phase with the Fourté. 😉

Jun 30, 2021 at 6:27 AM Post #17,882 of 23,721
I received my Nio today doing some listening now out of my DX-220 . So i need some help advice on a couple things im unhappy with . First i need to replace this terrible cable some suggestions would be great . Second thing is i need advice on what tips to buy ,the stock smallest silicone tips keep losing there seal and the sound goes from pleasing to thin as they lose there seal .I need some nice tips that will sound good and seal well , i have not tried the foam tips as i have read that many foam tips mess with the treble which i dont want . Very first impression are, there a nice step from my SE846 so im happy . Sorry if these question have been asked before .

Jun 30, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #17,883 of 23,721
I received my Nio today doing some listening now out of my DX-220 . So i need some help advice on a couple things im unhappy with . First i need to replace this terrible cable some suggestions would be great . Second thing is i need advice on what tips to buy ,the stock smallest silicone tips keep losing there seal and the sound goes from pleasing to thin as they lose there seal .I need some nice tips that will sound good and seal well , i have not tried the foam tips as i have read that many foam tips mess with the treble which i dont want . Very first impression are, there a nice step from my SE846 so im happy . Sorry if these question have been asked before .
When I had the U12t I found the best tips were actually the Final E tips, very bulbous and provide a good seal every time... plus the diameter of the tip exit matches the 64 audio stuff perfectly. I also found the Plussound Tri-copper a great match with the U12t... I can't speak for the Nio though unfortunately.

Jun 30, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #17,884 of 23,721
I'm using Azla Xelastec's with the Nio and they provide a good seal and stay put. Also had good luck with Sprial Dots but the Xelstec's stay in my ears better.

The stock cable is laughably bad. I can't stand the memory wire and the cable itself just feels incredibly cheap and is really tangle prone. I'm using a cheap TRIPOWIN C8 cable currently. I've never tried any high end cables and really don't think I have the ears to hear any sonic differences cable to cable so my criteria for a cable is low/no microphonics and a pliable, soft feel with good flexibility. Popular cables that have been suggested to me to pair with the Nio are the PW Audio No.5 8-wire, Plussound X6 Silver + Gold, and Eletech Socrates. These are all over the map price-wise so pending your cable budget maybe one will fit the bill.

Glad to hear you're liking the Nio in general though and that they're an upgrade over the Shure SE846.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #17,885 of 23,721
I would try the foam tips now that you have them. They should seal well, and give you a sense of what to expect on the low end with a good seal. For a permanent solution, I am very pleased with the Azla Xelastecs, and the Azla Sedna earfit light. Should be available from Amazon US. But every person is different, and it can take some experimenting to find the right ones for you.

Jun 30, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #17,886 of 23,721
When I had the U12t I found the best tips were actually the Final E tips, very bulbous and provide a good seal every time... plus the diameter of the tip exit matches the 64 audio stuff perfectly. I also found the Plussound Tri-copper a great match with the U12t... I can't speak for the Nio though unfortunately.
+1 for the Final E tips
Eletech Socrates was also a very good with the U12T

Jun 30, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #17,888 of 23,721
Wha-? You've ditched Fourte already? And for an A8K!? 🤔
Woah, we don't do that here.
🤣

Nah, he meant that he’s adding the A8k to his collection 😂

He just got the Fourté yesterday.

And he’s currently in the honeymoon phase with the Fourté. 😉
Honeymoon phase is putting it lightly. Fourte has passed everything I threw at it, which is notably better than the SK to me.
Not sure yet. Still going back and forth between the two. They sound just different enough that they could be considered complimentary; at least that’s the excuse I’ll use. 🤕😇
Good excuse! :beerchug:

Jun 30, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #17,890 of 23,721
Woah, we don't do that here.

Honeymoon phase is putting it lightly. Fourte has passed everything I threw at it, which is notably better than the SK to me.

Good excuse! :beerchug:
I’ve been curious about the A8000 (and to a lesser extant the SK); is the Fourte that much better?

Jun 30, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #17,891 of 23,721
I’ve been curious about the A8000 (and to a lesser extant the SK); is the Fourte that much better?
I have yet to hear the A8K, so I can't comment on that.

But the SK skews too much towards musicality for me where the technical front ends up suffering. As DITA did tweak the beryllium driver and the Oslo, I wouldn't be surprised if the A8K ended up being the more technical model.

That said, I'm usually after technical proficiencies in my kilobuck iems as opposed to musicality.

Jun 30, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #17,892 of 23,721
I have yet to hear the A8K, so I can't comment on that.

But the SK skews too much towards musicality for me where the technical front ends up suffering. As DITA did tweak the beryllium driver and the Oslo, I wouldn't be surprised if the A8K ended up being the more technical model.

That said, I'm usually after technical proficiencies in my kilobuck iems as opposed to musicality.

hmm hmmm That explains why you prefer fourtes over the sk... But let me now ask what will people do if they realise that Tiger went from fourte to Sk ? Well wait correction hahaha I went for Lola and SK is a new experiment for. I yet have to approve it with some more time of testing.

Few things I can already attest to SK! Very deep depths and pleasant warm very balanced sound. To me SK is very technical and sharp. One thing though I find SK not as dynamically punchy and agressive a bit too soft a little. Other ways its a worthy flagship, it made to enjoy music for very very long sessions. Few might have fit issues as the edges are a bit sharp.

In comparison to forte the sk is more polite and not as treble in your face. All details are there just warmer and a little darker.

:ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #17,893 of 23,721
44990D70-D848-4E0C-865F-60F266036795.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back