The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 28, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #17,851 of 23,560
I’ve mentioned it before but I actually don’t think that is gonna be a TWS though. But it’ll most likely be a custom shell for the Fourté and Trio. If you watch the teaser again, you’ll notice an IPX connector on the shell.

21D5B826-F286-4157-AB5C-6C4ECA5F359D.jpeg

But we’ll never truly know until they announce it officially. So it can be just about anything at this point.
Insider details right here!

Riverground has already sold an organ to secure number 000

Jun 28, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #17,852 of 23,560
Jun 28, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #17,853 of 23,560
Jun 28, 2021 at 8:59 PM Post #17,854 of 23,560
I’ve mentioned it before but I actually don’t think that is gonna be a TWS though. But it’ll most likely be a custom shell for the Fourté and Trio. If you watch the teaser again, you’ll notice an IPX connector on the shell.

21D5B826-F286-4157-AB5C-6C4ECA5F359D.jpeg

But we’ll never truly know until they announce it officially. So it can be just about anything at this point.
While I think that would be good for people who are interested in getting those in custom... that means that so far we have a u18s, which is just a universal version of an already existing custom, and the rumors we have at the moment are a u6t, another universal version of an already existing custom, and then potentially a custom trio or fourte... a custom version of an already existing universal.

I would really hope thats not the case because all together thats pretty underwhelming, and definitely not something I personally think is worth all the hype they are trying to build with all these repeated teasers. They arent even new models, just new forms of existing models. Probably smart moves to have them available, but again not worth remotely any of the hype they seem to want.

I will of course reserve judgement until we actually know for sure. Plus, not like Im really in the market for any of these right now anyways.

Jun 28, 2021 at 10:35 PM Post #17,855 of 23,560
While I think that would be good for people who are interested in getting those in custom... that means that so far we have a u18s, which is just a universal version of an already existing custom, and the rumors we have at the moment are a u6t, another universal version of an already existing custom, and then potentially a custom trio or fourte... a custom version of an already existing universal.

I would really hope thats not the case because all together thats pretty underwhelming, and definitely not something I personally think is worth all the hype they are trying to build with all these repeated teasers. They arent even new models, just new forms of existing models. Probably smart moves to have them available, but again not worth remotely any of the hype they seem to want.

I will of course reserve judgement until we actually know for sure. Plus, not like Im really in the market for any of these right now anyways.
But we do still have that "Open-back" IEM to be revealed as well.

So let's just see what happens.

And same man... I'm too broke to even afford them... but my eyes love to see them LMAO

Jun 28, 2021 at 10:51 PM Post #17,856 of 23,560

The u6t was announced by 64 as an in addition to the u18s and the two mystery IEMs I believe.

Agreed they have taken a bit too long in releasing information regarding the remaining in-ears. It seems to be leading into a backlash at this point.

Jun 28, 2021 at 10:53 PM Post #17,857 of 23,560
@riverground
Yeaa we are awaiting the fourté custom and trio too!

I think they should at least do a 8 wires ala noir stock cable with ipx. And should definitely consider the premium silver cable with ipx connectors as well or its really unfair for audiophiles who want custom and premium silver cable!

Jun 28, 2021 at 10:56 PM Post #17,858 of 23,560
The u6t was announced by 64 as an in addition to the u18s and the two mystery IEMs I believe.

Agreed they have taken a bit too long in releasing information regarding the remaining in-ears. It seems to be leading into a backlash at this point.

There is a lot of new iems being in work inside the shop at belonozhko family fir audio is also working on a 3x3 iem and 64a has 2 more big ones to release. Maybe they are over busy with everything.

Jun 28, 2021 at 11:11 PM Post #17,859 of 23,560

It's not so much the wait, but the repeated teases without an actual announcement.

And I think most of us here are just maybe getting a little frustrated because we really do genuinely want to see what they come up with.

Jun 29, 2021 at 6:11 PM Post #17,862 of 23,560
Hey guys, I just posted my CanJam SG 2018 article on TheHeadphoneList.com, which you can check out HERE. Below is the 64Audio section of the write-up for all of you to (hopefully) enjoy. Cheers! :D

64Audio

Next on the list is one of the largest in-ear manufacturers anywhere in the world today: 64Audio. Fresh off the successes of their U/A18Tzar and Tia Fourte IEMs, they’ve refreshed a large majority of their line-up to include the widely-acclaimed Tia – or tubeless, open-backed – drivers; instilling outstanding clarity and top-end extension into every one of their models from the bottom up (bar the U/A2e). At CanJam, 64Audio showcased the U2e, the U3t, the U6t, the N8t, the U12t, the Tia Trio and the aforementioned flagships. I managed to audition three of the six new releases and – although I was generally impressed by all three – I did have a clear favourite.

64Audio U6t: I initially auditioned the U6t expecting a full and natural-sounding monitor. The original U6 was one of my favourites off their old line-up because of its organicity and sub-bass performance. The only gripe I had was its lacklustre treble extension, which made me all the more excited when I found out it was going to be refreshed with a Tia driver inside. But, the U6t – to my surprise – distances itself quite aggressively from its Tia-less predecessor. In place of a richer signature is now a bright, crisp and clarity-focused IEM. What was once a wet and thick low-end is now more textured and neutrally-placed. With a greater emphasis on the upper-bass as well as the Tia-fuelled upper-treble lift, the U6t is more melodious and airy down low – rather than subtly guttural as its predecessor was.

This tightness in the bass particularly affects the vocal region. Although presence is palpable due to an upper-midrange bump, the U6t loves vocal clarity – minimising harmonic richness and body. Without an accentuated mid-bass to support its articulation, the U6t renders female vocals with excellent cleanliness, but leaves chestier instruments – such as male vocals – sounding raspier. The Tia driver is in full effect here, endowing the U6t with the now-signature upper-treble lift to fully expand its stage. It greatly benefits micro-detail retrieval and spaciousness, but it – to me – leaves the overall signature in need of more weight. There is some degree of warmth in the lower-midrange, but the U6t definitely leans toward brighter territories. Though, despite this tuning decision, the U6t is still a technical achiever. Like I said, its clarity, speed and vocal presence are all incredibly strong. A U6 successor it is not, but a clean-sounding piece, it sure is.

64Audio N8t: But, the N8t is where I truly fell in love. The idea of a Tia-equipped U8 had been brewing in my head for months then, and witnessing it announced as an 8-plus-1 hybrid IEM developed in collaboration with Nathan East only fuelled that fantasy further. Once I finally got the chance to hear it, it absolutely did not disappoint. Although it faces some stiff competition now in the form of Empire Ears’ new hybrids, the N8t is definitely up there with some of the best I’ve ever heard. Unlike the former’s rumbly-er and more centrally-focused bass response, the N8t presents its low-end with a grander ambience and a richer touch; a more analog feel. But, that’s not to say that it isn’t technically capable either. Despite the bass’s inherent wetness, articulation is one of its strongest qualities. Bass notes become dead-easyto discern and it decays beautifully as well. A bloom accompanies transient response without veil, mating technical performance with musicality in an incredibly charming manner.

The N8t’s dynamic driver also emanates gorgeous warmth into the midrange. Vocals and instruments alike gain a palpable sense of body, as well as a warmer and more organic tone. Again, the Tia driver aerates the entire stage whilst tremendously boosting detail retrieval and clarity, but the N8t is equipped with a more controlled variant. Compared to the rest of the line-up, the Tia driver in the N8t exhibits the most restraint; accomplishing its technical tasks without tampering with tone. Because of this, instruments cut through the richness of the stage with aplomb, tempered against the black background of the stage. And yet, the IEM retains its tube-like signature at all times; evoking a vintage and timeless panache with modern technicality. The N8t is a true winner in my eyes, and an IEM I’d love to see modelled after as an example of Tia drivers tuned just right. Balancing a voluminous bass, an organic midrange and an effortlessly detailed treble is no easy task, but the N8t pulls it off in stunning fashion. This is an IEM I’d definitely love to take a closer look at in the future, and my clear winner at the 64Audio table.

64Audio U12t: The U12t is a deserved successor to the U12. Although the Tia-driver gives it an airiness and a crispness that its predecessor did not have, the U12t is still a sub-bass-driven IEM that shines through rumble. Textured, layered and guttural all describe its low-end; choosing to focus more on definition and growl, rather than richness or bloom. And yet, that sub-bass becomes a source of body for the midrange as well. Vocal presence – unlike the U12t – is placed just above the low-end, making it a tad more versatile than its predecessor. Although it’s more of an all-round IEM, bass enthusiasts will still find plenty to love in its well-textured and kinetic lows.

The U12t has the cleaner midrange; emphasising articulation, clarity and crispness. It does sacrifice some of the original U12’s warmth and body, but it’s a presentation that fans of the U18t – for example – will enjoy. Upper treble is – as expected – elevated via the Tia driver, but it’s a decently reserved lift; not as calmed as the N8t, but less bright compared to the U6t. The U12t preserves its predecessor’s width, while the boost in vocal presence slightly compromises depth. It’s less theatre-like, but you get more engagement in return. The U12t is an admirable all-round IEM. Although it loses some of its predecessor’s warmth, its near-w-shape is refreshing in the high-end IEM market. Fans of the U12 who desire a brighter and more engaging signature should definitely take a look at its Tia-equipped counterpart.
U6t was announced a while ago :)

Jun 29, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #17,863 of 23,560
U6t was announced a while ago :)
Nah, this was only the A6t's universal demo. Even though it was technically called the "U6t" at the time, it was never a standalone product that was available for purchase. It's similar to the N8t demo then, which is now the Nio.

Jun 29, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #17,864 of 23,560
Nah, this was only the A6t's universal demo. Even though it was technically called the "U6t" at the time, it was never a standalone product that was available for purchase. It's similar to the N8t demo then, which is now the Nio.
Figured that was the case but it’s funny to find that from 3 years ago. It would be interesting to hear about differences in sound from the demo though I fear your impressions would have long since faded :frowning2:

If nothing else it seems a good sign 64 is looking to embrace the audiophile community with 3 releases (assuming all goes as planned) of universal in-ears after the success of the nio. I still feel they need to pull the veil back and announce what the other two IEMs will be even if they won’t release until much later in the year.

Jun 29, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #17,865 of 23,560
Figured that was the case but it’s funny to find that from 3 years ago. It would be interesting to hear about differences in sound from the demo though I fear your impressions would have long since faded :frowning2:

If nothing else it seems a good sign 64 is looking to embrace the audiophile community with 3 releases (assuming all goes as planned) of universal in-ears after the success of the nio. I still feel they need to pull the veil back and announce what the other two IEMs will be even if they won’t release until much later in the year.
We'll have to see what changes they've made, if any. I think the only relevant comparison to be made would be against the A6t. That's a product people can actually buy. Whereas, the U6t was, again, for demo purposes only. Like I've said in the past, the A6t is one of my favourite 64 Audio models. It's almost a baby U/A12t, but with a bit more oomph to it, rather than the studio-driven precision that that model has. So, I'm definitely excited to see what tweaks they've done to it, even if it's nothing at all. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back