The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jun 30, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #17,912 of 23,533
I can’t wait to see how u6t compares to the Andromeda 2020
More technically competent based on the A6t
With that attitude, all we're gonna get in the next few years are Birds and Mason FS's. :D Jokes aside, though, that is the irony you get in forums like these; anything non-flagship is considered barely news. Whereas, they're the most that a lot of the engineers and musicians I've seen on Facebook or Instagram can afford, and that's to make a living with! I personally think this is a huge win for most listeners that can't make the leap towards the summit-fi stuff. While it's a bit of a shame that they didn't do anything with the drivers or the sound as a whole, the A6t already had a winning formula to begin with, and I'd still consider it competitive price range to this day

So, @64Audio definitely gets kudos for this launch from me, and I hope people do get the chance to listen to it before they cast their judgment and unfairly set it aside. Oh, and while I still have your attention, please keep the price of your next flagship reasonable. The market's watching. :wink:
The u6t definitely exists as an offering to the professional crowd who might not have as big pockets as us nutjobs on this thread. I think you nailed this right on the head Daniel.

While not flagships or summit tier. The A3 and A6t both did the job for me on a professional basis. I only went further up when budget allowed and I wanted something also for listening.

I'm still contemplating whether I should bring my A12t or just get the u6t for when church services start up again as a beater pair. I definitely see it as an viable and worthy investment for those that may be relying on cheaper chifi monitors.

I mean Vitaly is listening to them on 1Z, that gonna count for something?

Jun 30, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #17,913 of 23,533
More technically competent based on the A6t

The u6t definitely exists as an offering to the professional crowd who might not have as big pockets as us nutjobs on this thread. I think you nailed this right on the head Daniel.

While not flagships or summit tier. The A3 and A6t both did the job for me on a professional basis. I only went further up when budget allowed and I wanted something also for listening.

I'm still contemplating whether I should bring my A12t or just get the u6t for when church services start up again as a beater pair. I definitely see it as an viable and worthy investment for those that may be relying on cheaper chifi monitors.

I mean Vitaly is listening to them on 1Z, that gonna count for something?

Hehe I been saying this for ages ! All 64a is designed to be played out of a 1z via 3.5mm !!! It is there sweetest spot for accuracy in tonality and overall signature

Jul 1, 2021 at 2:11 AM Post #17,914 of 23,533
With that attitude, all we're gonna get in the next few years are Birds and Mason FS's. :D Jokes aside, though, that is the irony you get in forums like these; anything non-flagship is considered barely news. Whereas, they're the most that a lot of the engineers and musicians I've seen on Facebook or Instagram can afford, and that's to make a living with! I personally think this is a huge win for most listeners that can't make the leap towards the summit-fi stuff. While it's a bit of a shame that they didn't do anything with the drivers or the sound as a whole, the A6t already had a winning formula to begin with, and I'd still consider it competitive price range to this day

So, @64Audio definitely gets kudos for this launch from me, and I hope people do get the chance to listen to it before they cast their judgment and unfairly set it aside. Oh, and while I still have your attention, please keep the price of your next flagship reasonable. The market's watching. :wink:
Haha, I was indeed just joking. It's great to see 64 Audio tech becoming more accessible. This is becoming a very competitive price point: U6t, MEST, IE900, Andro 2020. Definitely seems to be the sweet spot for entry to the 'high-end' market, and summit-fi's are going to have to work to justify ever-increasing prices.

Jul 1, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #17,916 of 23,533
Hehe I been saying this for ages ! All 64a is designed to be played out of a 1z via 3.5mm !!! It is there sweetest spot for accuracy in tonality and overall signature
A18S off WM1Z's 3.5 was one of the best sounds I've heard from anything in portable audio. Waiting on WM1Z prices to drop a bit more and will most likely pick another one up

Jul 1, 2021 at 3:52 AM Post #17,917 of 23,533
Not even a handful of comments on the “new” release? 🧐

Looks like the all black has some history. The original U6 ADEL was all black.

I liked the look of the new cable. Let’s see if I have a chance to try it.
Still not exactly budget is it? Getting tired of the big guns not having anything in the sub £$500 area, even if it’s just to provide a taster of the range above. Thank goodness for companies like Custom Art who proves that great sound can be had for less than a kidney! Quite honestly the U6 biggest problem will be the Nio. If I had saved that much I would just go the extra and get that.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2021 at 6:40 AM Post #17,918 of 23,533
Still not exactly budget is it? Getting tired of the big guns not having anything in the sub £$500 area, even if it’s just to provide a taster of the range above. Thank goodness for companies like Custom Art who proves that great sound can be had for less than a kidney! Quite honestly the U6 biggest problem will be the Nio. If I had saved that much I would just go the extra and get that.
Let's just wait and see how it sounds. It may just surprise alot of people. I personally won't be getting one because it's an all-BA design, but if it's tuned well there'll likely be many takers, even at the price point. After all the Senn IE900 is the same price and is an absolute bargain if you ask me.

Jul 1, 2021 at 7:14 AM Post #17,919 of 23,533
To be fair, 64 still offer the A2e ($499) and the A3t (699). They're custom only, sure, but these alone prove that they don't offer nothing in that price range. When both the U6t and N8t demos were made available in Singapore, there were quite a few who preferred the former over the latter. Nic and I are in that camp as well. So, as always, personal preference will absolutely come into play. The Nio/N8 isn't a clear, objective upgrade over the U/A6t. Each will have their own audiences.

Jul 1, 2021 at 7:33 AM Post #17,920 of 23,533
To be fair, 64 still offer the A2e ($499) and the A3t (699). They're custom only, sure, but these alone prove that they don't offer nothing in that price range. When both the U6t and N8t demos were made available in Singapore, there were quite a few who preferred the former over the latter. Nic and I are in that camp as well. So, as always, personal preference will absolutely come into play. The Nio/N8 isn't a clear, objective upgrade over the U/A6t. Each will have their own audiences.
It wouldn't surprise me if the U6t is more technically proficient and coherent than the Nio.

Jul 1, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #17,921 of 23,533
I've heard the A6t described as a "mini" version of the A12t, that does pretty well and has a pretty pleasing tonality but lacks that outrageous technical ability of the A12t. Not sure just how much space in the market there is for something like that in all honesty, considering mint U12t's go for the price of a U6t.

In general, I haven't seen the mini version of any IEM ever do well personally - people tend to either save up or go used, especially when the price difference isn't something like 5 fold lol

Jul 1, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #17,922 of 23,533
Is there a date yet for the release of a new flagship? @Vitaly2017 ? 😀😀

Hehe if I only knew! Unfortunately I have no insider information even Tiger is waiting in line 😝😂😅 with everyone 😀

A18S off WM1Z's 3.5 was one of the best sounds I've heard from anything in portable audio. Waiting on WM1Z prices to drop a bit more and will most likely pick another one up

You could grab a 1z for an outstanding price on headfi! I recently got mine for around 1450 !!! Just shopping and waiting and the game rewards well 😀🔥😛

By the way the Noirs out of 1z 3.5mm sounds outrageously good!

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #17,923 of 23,533
I've heard the A6t described as a "mini" version of the A12t, that does pretty well and has a pretty pleasing tonality but lacks that outrageous technical ability of the A12t. Not sure just how much space in the market there is for something like that in all honesty, considering mint U12t's go for the price of a U6t.

In general, I haven't seen the mini version of any IEM ever do well personally - people tend to either save up or go used, especially when the price difference isn't something like 5 fold lol
Important point: to have used market, someone needs to buy full price.

So that comparison is not all valid. Same as saying Nio can go for same price used.

Comparing apples to apples, 6t is still 700 less than 12t, that is more than a 50% from 6t.

Jul 1, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #17,924 of 23,533
Important point: to have used market, someone needs to buy full price.

So that comparison is not all valid. Same as saying Nio can go for same price used.

Comparing apples to apples, 6t is still 700 less than 12t, that is more than a 50% from 6t.
It is a valid comparison Imo, considering that from what I've heard the U6t is a directly worse U12t. Whether or not someone needs to pay full price, the reality is that used U12t's are all over the market, and so are demo units and all other kinds of discounted U12t units

If they were both released at the same time, I'd see your point, but the U12t has been around for years now

Jul 1, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #17,925 of 23,533
To be fair, 64 still offer the A2e ($499) and the A3t (699). They're custom only, sure, but these alone prove that they don't offer nothing in that price range..
It doesn’t help that 64 audio make it feel that they are the lesser or outdated models by not including them in any of the offers though. “Free earplugs? Sure but not for the peasant who can only afford the budget model etc”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back