The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jul 1, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #17,926 of 23,496
It doesn’t help that 64 audio make it feel that they are the lesser or outdated models by not including them in any of the offers though. “Free earplugs? Sure but not for the peasant who can only afford the budget model etc”
Cheaper models = smaller margin, of course they can’t include earplugs when they make way less money off them lol

A set of earplugs costs almost as much as their A2 :D

Jul 1, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #17,927 of 23,496
I've heard the A6t described as a "mini" version of the A12t, that does pretty well and has a pretty pleasing tonality but lacks that outrageous technical ability of the A12t. Not sure just how much space in the market there is for something like that in all honesty, considering mint U12t's go for the price of a U6t.

In general, I haven't seen the mini version of any IEM ever do well personally - people tend to either save up or go used, especially when the price difference isn't something like 5 fold lol
I'm with you but some people don't know or trust the used market so they will buy new and in a short while we can get discounted used U6t's. :L3000::k701smile::o2smile::darthsmile:

Jul 2, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #17,928 of 23,496
The 64 Audio Pelican case was $50 and now it is $70. The Pelican G10 price was $30 and is still $30. Is this due to a shortage of a part due to Covid????

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #17,929 of 23,496
The 64 Audio Pelican case was $50 and now it is $70. The Pelican G10 price was $30 and is still $30. Is this due to a shortage of some a part due to Covid????
Doesn’t seem like it. No pelican cases I’ve purchased have increased in cost. If there were shortages I doubt 64 Audio would be offering a promo where you get one free with an order.

Jul 2, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #17,930 of 23,496
Doesn’t seem like it. No pelican cases I’ve purchased have increased in cost. If there were shortages I doubt 64 Audio would be offering a promo where you get one free with an order.

So they increased the price for no reason then.

Jul 2, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #17,931 of 23,496
So they increased the price for no reason then.
Keep in mind the insert and printing are unique to 64 Audio and it’s not a standard Pelican G10 case. The price increase and early availability issues are related to those differences.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2021 at 10:41 PM Post #17,932 of 23,496
Keep in mind the insert and printing are unique to 64 Audio and it’s not a standard Pelican G10 case. The price increase and early availability issues are related to those differences.
Very true. That’s why I took that into consideration when realizing they are giving them away as a promotion. I’m no business mogul but common sense would leave me believing that supply constraints wouldn’t lead to giving something away. Especially after the standard MSRP was raised. Who knows.

Jul 3, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #17,933 of 23,496
I just think the round cases are good and better on price. Would love the Pelican case for all my IEMs, but that is over $400 after the price increase.

Jul 4, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #17,935 of 23,496
Anyone have thoughts on the A4T? Specifically technicalities, and how it compares to some other kilobuck stuff. It’s really tempting, especially with that $100 off promotion.
I have a uni A4t and I prefer it to almost any other kilobuck ba-only iem incuding IER-M9 and OG Andromeda. Prefer the tia treble sound to the other two and the subbass lift actually provides some decent ba slam. Stage is average, but apex also helps make it sound more natural imo. As the "entry level" 64audio iem with the tia and Apex tech it's definitely worth it I'd say.

Jul 7, 2021 at 8:28 AM Post #17,936 of 23,496
I wonder why the fourte noir is not sold on 64audio website

I would like to to up the 64audio ladder after I had the trio, wonder which one to get, l so many dislike the regular fourte, and I see many selling already the u18s

I like in general dynamic big sound, and to have amazing mids especially for vocals to be rich lush and organic

Wonder how the Fourte, U12T and U18S would compare to the Tia trio

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #17,938 of 23,496
I wonder why the fourte noir is not sold on 64audio website

I would like to to up the 64audio ladder after I had the trio, wonder which one to get, l so many dislike the regular fourte, and I see many selling already the u18s

I like in general dynamic big sound, and to have amazing mids especially for vocals to be rich lush and organic

Wonder how the Fourte, U12T and U18S would compare to the Tia trio
As @mwhals said, the Noir was a limited model, so it probably just means that they've sold all of their stock. The U18s would actually be my pick for the one with rich, lush and organic vocals. It's definitely the warmest and most organic-sounding of them all. But, it has a fairly relaxed treble as well, which, from what I've heard, may be too warm for some people. So, whether or not you like it will depend on how bright or sharp you want your highs. Still, for a rich, lush and organic sound, the U18s is the one, IMO.

Jul 7, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #17,939 of 23,496
As @mwhals said, the Noir was a limited model, so it probably just means that they've sold all of their stock. The U18s would actually be my pick for the one with rich, lush and organic vocals. It's definitely the warmest and most organic-sounding of them all. But, it has a fairly relaxed treble as well, which, from what I've heard, may be too warm for some people. So, whether or not you like it will depend on how bright or sharp you want your highs. Still, for a rich, lush and organic sound, the U18s is the one, IMO.
The U18s is without a doubt this right here. It’s such a pleasing high end tuning. The treble really isn’t that relaxed. I think it’s just seemingly so because it doesn’t have the same zing commonly associated with tia. Judged on its own, the treble tonality and presence is very accurate.

Jul 14, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #17,940 of 23,496
I have a question regarding my U12T. What apex module does it have in it new from the box, the 15 or the 20? Also how do I remove the modules to swap in the other? I'm scared to break anything at this ridiculous price point so any videos or step by step instructions would help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back