The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Mar 24, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #16,606 of 23,560
Very cool tracks, all four of them. I can hear why you enjoy the Fourte with these, though definitely don't consider Fourte to have too much bass (like, ever). I still personally prefer this type of music (which is exactly what I regard as EDM) with the Legend X, but then for me there's no such thing as "too much sub-bass" (too much mid-bass that bleeds into the mids is another story entirely).
Huh.. And I considered myself a basshead lol. Seems I am an amateur compared to you! I can get bass fatigue with repetitive pounding like in this type of music, so the Fourte is perfect for it. When it comes to hip hop, though, I don't think there can be too much bass! I don't even care if it drowns out everything lol. I'm very glad you enjoyed those tracks. They're some of my favorites.

Some classics there :) Ocean Drive Boulevard takes me back! I really like Leon Bolier’s newer stuff too, under his BLR alias
I'll have to check it out! To my own misfortune, I have to work really hard to find edm that I enjoy even though it's my favorite genre. I think that my brain doesn't like too much repetition and is more drawn to melody, even if it's a little subtle. I don't l find myself listening to older trance a lot.

Some old tracks never feel aged. It's kind of crazy. Tiestos old stuff is the prime example of that.

Maybe I'm just getting old haha

Mar 24, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #16,608 of 23,560
I have similar feelings as you regarding the Fourte bass. LX have more thicker bass that permeates across its sound spectrum. However it is not as clear and detailed as Fourte bass. Fourte bass is quicker too and has plenty of sub bass, but it is not as forward sounding, so appears not as powerful. Fourte bass can actually punch quite deep and hard with tons of texture. However I still think Trio feels more powerful due to its dynamic bass being more forward.
Yeah you pretty much hit the nail on the head. I hear it all the same way. I'm curious if I can take this further. Tell me if you feel the same way as the following: I think that the trio sounds better with more music because it has a slight tilt towards midbass. With the Fourte and LX, bass can sometimes sound bad if it hits wrong, since they're so sub-bass centered. I know I'm getting really picky here but that's my experience.

Also, after the last few pages, I'm kinda curious to hear the Noir.

Mar 24, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #16,609 of 23,560
Yeah you pretty much hit the nail on the head. I hear it all the same way. I'm curious if I can take this further. Tell me if you feel the same way as the following: I think that the trio sounds better with more music because it has a slight tilt towards midbass. With the Fourte and LX, bass can sometimes sound bad if it hits wrong, since they're so sub-bass centered. I know I'm getting really picky here but that's my experience.

I haven’t chimed in too much here, but I thoroughly enjoy the Noir with most of this kind of music. For me it’s the more linear / balanced bass (in terms of having both sub bass and midbass in good measure); the clarity with warmth in the midrange; and the exciting, detailed, and dynamic treble. It’s a great genre where the Noir’s W-shaped FR works very well.

In terms of actual EDM music I listen to a lot of classic trance (Armin, Paul Oakenfold, Paul van Dyk, Ferry Corsten, Above and Beyond, etc) as they often have intricate, melodic, and layered music. They also take you on a journey - be it a 50-minute album or a 4-hour live set.

I also enjoy atmospheric / liquid drum and bass - for its melodic nature, very different to traditional, aggressive DnB - especially when working.

And the other genre I really dig is lounge, in particular the French electronic kind. Here are a couple of examples:

Mar 24, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #16,610 of 23,560
Is it? I thought PW's 19x0's cables still held that title.

Definetly not in my book 🙂 only liked it with my tia Trio when I had that setup

Mar 24, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #16,611 of 23,560
I haven’t chimed in too much here, but I thoroughly enjoy the Noir with most of this kind of music. For me it’s the more linear / balanced bass (in terms of having both sub bass and midbass in good measure); the clarity with warmth in the midrange; and the exciting, detailed, and dynamic treble. It’s a great genre where the Noir’s W-shaped FR works very well.

In terms of actual EDM music I listen to a lot of classic trance (Armin, Paul Oakenfold, Paul van Dyk, Ferry Corsten, Above and Beyond, etc) as they often have intricate, melodic, and layered music. They also take you on a journey - be it a 50-minute album or a 4-hour live set.

I also enjoy atmospheric / liquid drum and bass - for its melodic nature, very different to traditional, aggressive DnB - especially when working.

And the other genre I really dig is lounge, in particular the French electronic kind. Here are a couple of examples:

Oh the last video was awesome really enjoyed that one 🙂🥰😛

Mar 24, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #16,612 of 23,560
Hmm, I guess not too many are listening to vocal club EDM. I'm actually enjoying it quite a lot with U18s, even straight from my laptop headphone output. This is my personal cup of tea :)

THAT'S what I consider EDM in the true sense, vocal dance music for the club floor. Whenever I shoot events I usually get an earful of this type of music from floorstanding speakers and subs, and can still hear it ringing in my ears the following morning. There's nothing like this type of power music on a dancefloor. Oh, and LX all the way for vocal EDM. Trance, lounge, ambient, we can talk variety, linearity, balance, yada yada. Subwoofers? There can be only one! 😎

Mar 24, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #16,613 of 23,560

What cable do you like with the Noir?

Mar 24, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #16,614 of 23,560
What cable do you like with the Noir?

My favorite to date has been the Graphene SPC from @doctorjuggles

39F82934-658F-4D46-9B7C-5B737EA2F4C4.jpeg

Mar 24, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #16,615 of 23,560
THAT'S what I consider EDM in the true sense, vocal dance music for the club floor. Whenever I shoot events I usually get an earful of this type of music from floorstanding speakers and subs, and can still hear it ringing in my ears the following morning. There's nothing like this type of power music on a dancefloor. Oh, and LX all the way for vocal EDM. Trance, lounge, ambient, we can talk variety, linearity, balance, yada yada. Subwoofers? There can be only one! 😎

And thats where you want to use the noirs or Lx to blow those ears with full authority 😛

Mar 24, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #16,616 of 23,560
Did you had a chance to compare socrates with other cables? I am curious how it stands as it is said to be the best copper available.
Not better than 1950s and 1960, demoed Socrates on the Nio and Fourte and to my ears everything is just better with 4W 50s and 60s. Smooth treble with better extension, more impactful bass and smoother vocals and the soundstage is unbelievable. But to be fair Socrates wins the price to performance ratio. At that price it is the best copper for me. PW cables are 3x more expensive than Socrates here in Singapore.

Mar 24, 2021 at 9:15 PM Post #16,617 of 23,560

Yeah, definitely Trio hits harder but sometimes i wish it has more seismic sub bass. I agree it has more mid bass than sub bass while Fourte is more linear in the bass with better details. I have not heard the Noir - Tiger is your man. Cheers.

Mar 26, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #16,619 of 23,560
Do you notice a lot of difference between the A18s and U18s?

I covered it in my U18s review, unfortunately, customs don't work with my ears, thus my impressions/comparison would be misleading. But i did cover the reason why in the review, just the weird anatomy of my earcanal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back