The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Mar 24, 2021 at 6:04 AM Post #16,591 of 23,568
I wonder how some would characterize the Odin with EDM, especially those that lean towards the Trio or Fourte over LX.
Yep that would be an interesting discussion. Would love to know that myself. Not sure if Odin's bass would be up to the levels needed for some EDM, but I could be wrong.

Mar 24, 2021 at 6:24 AM Post #16,592 of 23,568
Yep LX fits like a glove though I must say Fourte is even more snug (probably because it's smaller and has Apex, so none of that suction feeling you get when the LX seal your ears like a plug). LX makes the Trio redundant for me, but if I didn't take the chance on a great deal for the LX (complete with Jack's personal service) I would have held on to the Trio.
Man I love 64a but not the fit unfortunately, for me. I don’t know why, I just cannot get great fit with every 64a uni but I always get perfect fit with every EE uni. For me, I don’t experience with any suction problems with both and Apex or not makes no difference to me. Great to hear you got good fit with both.

Mar 24, 2021 at 6:43 AM Post #16,593 of 23,568
Yep that would be an interesting discussion. Would love to know that myself. Not sure if Odin's bass would be up to the levels needed for some EDM, but I could be wrong.
The Odin’s bass isn’t super elevated but it is guttural and powerful and the clarity / smoothness in other regions makes it enjoyable for me. Curious what others think. Just reminds me how much I enjoyed the Trio for a lot of the same genres I enjoy Odin with.

Mar 24, 2021 at 6:53 AM Post #16,594 of 23,568
What the Trio gains on the Fourte in bass punch it loses in treble quality/detail/space, IMO. But that's a minor quibble, it's still very much a TOTL IEM. The LX replaced the Trio in my two-IEM collection.

Agree. I love both Trio and LX too. Particularly the LX fit is great for me.

I have a very extensive time of use with og, trio and noirs. Og being the one I have been with the most.

I can say this, og has the best the deepest and most detailed textures of the 3.
Fourté og is also the all arounder as it has Tia mid driver and a tuning that can make vocals a bliss.
Og has the best technicalities and precision, the most fidel sound reproduction.

Trio is slightly below not so far. Its strength is the way the music floats. There is such transitions in music that can be felt with extraordinary special effects. Its a bit hard to explain, they manifests them self via speed, black background, sudent stops and fastly busty repulse into a faster rythm. Listening to edm with trio is a different experience I think it opens a door into a big narnia of fun guilty pleasures.

The noirs are also very particular, to be honest if 64a would have not bumped the midbass so much it would have been the perfection! I remember that very first moment like it was yesterday, when I heard the noirs I had that feeling aaa noo why they did this to the bass! Still to date even after so much time I don't get along. I strictly disagree with this kind of bass.

Noir is positioned above Trio and below fourté, I like noirs treble it has a taste between estat and ba tone.

Noir are like og but with a massive bass slam, thicker vocals, warmer signature, not as treble elevated as og.
They also have a hint of nausalish vocals fixable with cable rolling.

Fourté og loves copper cables
Trio like pw1960 4wires
Noir best purest silver cables ( symbiote elite 19 )

Mar 24, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #16,595 of 23,568
I wonder how some would characterize the Odin with EDM, especially those that lean towards the Trio or Fourte over LX.
Odin had moments of being awesome for EDM, but it felt too niche for me to
encompass the vast EDM genres that I listen to.

It did best on tracks that fall under the Electronic genre (such as the song “Pogo” by Digitalism IIRCC) that have incredible subbass extension and require fast transients and speed to keep up with its trippy, “electric/synth” sounds. It also obviously did tracks that have excellent mastering and layering very well-but even then, it was more of a “wow this sounds very technically impressive” rather than a true chill/lounge/rave vibe that I usually go for when listening to those genres.

In other words, Odin is a bit too clean in the bass regions without enough midbass warmth for me to enjoy all types of EDM with it, especially for the more club-type tracks. But that subbass precision is to die for if you just want pure clarity, extension, or a more guttural, tight and dry bass presentation.

Mar 24, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #16,596 of 23,568
To be fair EDM isn't my main genre. I very rarely listen to it (and mostly when I'm reviewing IEMs just for inclusion). Please do PM me some if your fave EDM tracks/albums as it's definitely a genre I'd like to get more familiar with. Trance is more my thing when it comes to melodic high octane electronic music, especially if it has female vocals. And yes, Trio is excellent for EDM/trance/electronica in general, especially when there are few or no vocals (female vocals aren't Trio's strong point).
I'm on the same boat. The most commonly-known... I'd say brand of EDM isn't something that generally interests me. All I can picture when I listen to those sorts of tracks are a vlogger's travel montage or a surfer or mountain biker's GoPro footage. The electronic music I listen is either more on the ambient side, or it'll have elements of jazz incorporated within. So, those are the kinds of artists I refer to when I mention electronic music on my reviews.

My current favourite in this regard is Anomalie. He's a classical-pianist-turned-producer, and that pretty much describes his music to a T. I daresay his sound is so unique, that it's almost a genre all on its own. Below are four of my favourites from his first album, Métropole, which, by the way, is near-flawless and worth everyone's listen. :D

1. Day Break

2. New Space

3. Le Bleury

4. Velours

Another recent favourite of mine is FKJ (or French Kiwi Juice). He leans more toward the ambient side, and, again, makes very jazzy material. He beautifully performed his Ylang Ylang EP late last year:

I also indulge in a bit of vaporwave from time to time, and SAINT PEPSI's my main supply there:

Mar 24, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #16,597 of 23,568
I have a very extensive time of use with og, trio and noirs. Og being the one I have been with the most.

I can say this, og has the best the deepest and most detailed textures of the 3.
Fourté og is also the all arounder as it has Tia mid driver and a tuning that can make vocals a bliss.
Og has the best technicalities and precision, the most fidel sound reproduction.

Trio is slightly below not so far. Its strength is the way the music floats. There is such transitions in music that can be felt with extraordinary special effects. Its a bit hard to explain, they manifests them self via speed, black background, sudent stops and fastly busty repulse into a faster rythm. Listening to edm with trio is a different experience I think it opens a door into a big narnia of fun guilty pleasures.

The noirs are also very particular, to be honest if 64a would have not bumped the midbass so much it would have been the perfection! I remember that very first moment like it was yesterday, when I heard the noirs I had that feeling aaa noo why they did this to the bass! Still to date even after so much time I don't get along. I strictly disagree with this kind of bass.

Noir is positioned above Trio and below fourté, I like noirs treble it has a taste between estat and ba tone.

Noir are like og but with a massive bass slam, thicker vocals, warmer signature, not as treble elevated as og.
They also have a hint of nausalish vocals fixable with cable rolling.

Fourté og loves copper cables
Trio like pw1960 4wires
Noir best purest silver cables ( symbiote elite 19 )
Thinking of U18t. Copper or silver best?

Mar 24, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #16,598 of 23,568
I'm on the same boat. The most commonly-known... I'd say brand of EDM isn't something that generally interests me. All I can picture when I listen to those sorts of tracks are a vlogger's travel montage or a surfer or mountain biker's GoPro footage. The electronic music I listen is either more on the ambient side, or it'll have elements of jazz incorporated within. So, those are the kinds of artists I refer to when I mention electronic music on my reviews.

My current favourite in this regard is Anomalie. He's a classical-pianist-turned-producer, and that pretty much describes his music to a T. I daresay his sound is so unique, that it's almost a genre all on its own. Below are four of my favourites from his first album, Métropole, which, by the way, is near-flawless and worth everyone's listen. :D

1. Day Break

2. New Space

3. Le Bleury

4. Velours

Another recent favourite of mine is FKJ (or French Kiwi Juice). He leans more toward the ambient side, and, again, makes very jazzy material. He beautifully performed his Ylang Ylang EP late last year:

I also indulge in a bit of vaporwave from time to time, and SAINT PEPSI's my main supply there:

Very cool selection of music! Thanks for sharing. :)

If you like keyboard players doing electro, I highly recommend checking Ronald Jenkees. All his albums are awesome. I’m pretty sure you already know him, he’s pretty famous on YouTube, but in case you don’t I’ll live some tracks :

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #16,599 of 23,568
Thinking of U18t. Copper or silver best?

U18t is on the thiner side and I think copper will give it a beautiful sound.

It depends also how you like it. Do you find you want warmer or more neutral sound? That how you can help it by going into which direction. Copper warmer, silver neutral cleaner.

Mar 24, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #16,602 of 23,568
Copper. Using Eletech Socrates in particular

Did you had a chance to compare socrates with other cables? I am curious how it stands as it is said to be the best copper available.

Mar 24, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #16,604 of 23,568
Did you had a chance to compare socrates with other cables? I am curious how it stands as it is said to be the best copper available.
I wouldn't say it's the best copper available. Really depends on which iem it's partnered with. I love how the Socrates gives the 18t a tube like quality in the vocals.
I like the 1960s 2W best though for my Trio as it elevates the vocals a bit and gives the treble a smoother responce.
Sadly, I don't have the 1950s anymore when I got the Socrates

Mar 24, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #16,605 of 23,568
Hmm, I guess not too many are listening to vocal club EDM. I'm actually enjoying it quite a lot with U18s, even straight from my laptop headphone output. This is my personal cup of tea :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back