The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Feb 17, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #15,901 of 23,543
Probably not a bad idea, but it was on this forum that 64 Audio posted that they won't support the A18s demo units.

I’m pretty sure 64 Audio won’t provide support to the buyers of any of these demo sets, as they’re only meant for demo of the custom iems.

92C9C9F4-85C6-4875-B798-4C8F9DA4A9FC.jpeg

Feb 17, 2021 at 4:06 AM Post #15,902 of 23,543
I still have the Trio and still enjoy them. The Elysium is something that I’ve only read good things about. @Rockwell75 wrote a fantastic review of them which made me even more eager to give them a try. Unfortunately I am not able to demo them first and so they would have to be a blind buy. I do like 64 Audio though, and if they are about to release new in-ears then I’m happy to wait a bit longer.
If you can’t demo, then perhaps getting a used sets may help. Hope you are not blind buying new set, weather Ely or any IEMs.

Feb 17, 2021 at 4:40 AM Post #15,903 of 23,543
Does anyone have the 64 Audio Pelican case? Anyone have several which they put into a bigger case like in 54 Audio’s September 2020 video announcement?

You mean the new Pelican case below? It is actually quite a big case, about 50% bigger than the old black plastic case. There is bigger interior space and is easier to store the earphones without the ear hooks getting in the way like the old one. However I still prefer the leather case for daily use as it’s smaller and more convenient. The Pelican case is useful if you need ultimate protection, it’s pretty much is indestructible and can probably survive a run over by a truck lol.

076489DE-494A-4192-A6C3-4B79C0CF7B4D.jpeg

Feb 17, 2021 at 4:57 AM Post #15,904 of 23,543
You mean the new Pelican case below? It is actually quite a big case, about 50% bigger than the old black plastic case. There is bigger interior space and is easier to store the earphones without the ear hooks getting in the way like the old one. However I still prefer the leather case for daily use as it’s smaller and more convenient. The Pelican case is useful if you need ultimate protection, it’s pretty much is indestructible and can probably survive a run over by a truck lol.

I have the old one, but the new one is definitely better. It's hard to fit any cable on the old one, but the stock one.

Feb 17, 2021 at 6:17 AM Post #15,906 of 23,543
Yep, the new one is a much improved case. Also, no need the hassle of winding the cable around the post like in the old case.
Does it fit an extra usb dac like Paw S1 or Btr5?

Feb 17, 2021 at 7:24 AM Post #15,907 of 23,543
Does it fit an extra usb dac like Paw S1 or Btr5?
No, it won’t fit, only cables and earphones.

edit: @CrocodileDundee I just tried it with S1 and stock premium cable, and it can just fit nicely (with cable on top of S1 in the main compartment). Not sure about thicker cable, it might be too tight to fit.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #15,908 of 23,543
I didn't see the online event promoting 64 Audio's upcoming releases, but was there any specified date of release?
Either for the products themselves, or at least for concrete information? :)

Feb 17, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #15,909 of 23,543
I didn't see the online event promoting 64 Audio's upcoming releases, but was there any specified date of release?
Either for the products themselves, or at least for concrete information? :)

DistinctOblongBobcat-small.gif

We all wait with baited breath :)

Attachments

• 1613574556667.png
    1613574556667.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 0
Feb 17, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #15,910 of 23,543
Settle down there Tiger.

Subjectively unis are better on the wallet at the pace you (and others go through gear) on hear. That's all there is to it, nothing more nothing less. Though customs will have a much more consistent sound.

I agree with @CrocodileDundee here:
Arguably the nature of universals actually make it harder to create a consistent sound (even when not factoring in unit variance). Unis are just going to have a bigger variance overall and not representative of how a custom might sound at all. Thats just the nature of it.

The A12t does sound different from the u12t, but I actually prefer it more myself.

Man I think you just said exactly what we were meaning but in a different word context 😝

Plus at end you said that uni and custom sound different 😅

076489DE-494A-4192-A6C3-4B79C0CF7B4D.jpeg

Will it stand a heavy Tiger foot 😃 or when Tiger is hungry and shews a bite 🤣

I have the old one, but the new one is definitely better. It's hard to fit any cable on the old one, but the stock one.

I would be curious if I can comfortably fit a 1.30m 8 wire cable and iems. Hmm 🤔

Feb 17, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #15,912 of 23,543
Question for 64 Audio. I know that you will not service an A18s demo unit because those units are not supposed to be sold to the general public. Question is this. Will you service an A18s unit that is sold to a new owner who gets the unit remolded/reshelled through a third party? Even for a fee?
Hi, we're not quite sure what you mean by this question? Are you saying you bought an A18s demo unit from somebody and then got it fitted into a custom shell? Or are you saying that you bought a custom A18s from another user, had it remolded and are needing service? The answer to both would probably be no since the IEM you would be sending us for service would virtually be another company's product with some of our internal components. We'd still love to figure out a way to help you out in some way so definitely reach out to support@64audio.com and we'll try to come up with a solution.

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Feb 17, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #15,914 of 23,543
Hi, we're not quite sure what you mean by this question? Are you saying you bought an A18s demo unit from somebody and then got it fitted into a custom shell? Or are you saying that you bought a custom A18s from another user, had it remolded and are needing service? The answer to both would probably be no since the IEM you would be sending us for service would virtually be another company's product with some of our internal components. We'd still love to figure out a way to help you out in some way so definitely reach out to support@64audio.com and we'll try to come up with a solution.
Thank you for the response. My question refers to a legit A18s custom IEM that the current owner has for sale right now. He's offering it at a deeply discounted price and requires the new owner to find a company to reshell it. I just wanted to know if 64 Audio would support it if there was a problem. I have my answer. You will not. So, I am going to take a hard pass on purchasing that product. I love 64 Audio products. I plan on purchasing one this year some time. But, it's going to be a Universal.

Feb 17, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #15,915 of 23,543
You are probably right, but it may be even worse than that. I was listening to a podcast with Crinacle who stated outright that the 64 Audio custom IEMs measure quite a bit differently than the Universal models and in his opinion the measurements were worse. I have no idea if that is true, but when an important person like him makes that type of statement and you learn that you can never resell a custom IEM, that makes it a really unattractive alternative. I've mentioned this before, but I was thinking about taking another crack at it since a sale came up. I guess the best path still is to go Universal and if universal tips don't work, then get custom tips.
Our Universal demo IEMs are built to sound like the custom versions of those IEMs. Since the universal fitting demo unit sit further out of the ear canal they have to be tuned slightly different to accurately represent the way the custom IEM will sound when it sits further in the ear. They are also tested completely differently, it is not as easy as it may seem to accurately measure audio products like these. When measured properly the measurement tolerances between the universal demo and the custom IEM are extremely tight.

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back