The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Sep 20, 2020 at 6:36 AM Post #13,666 of 23,560
It's a perfectly great picture. I just thought it might be prudent to add a disclaimer for any potential buyers.

Abalone just like mother of pearl is really difficult to capture on camera. You rarely get the entire bandwidth of what makes it so special. If you have never seen either of these materials in real life before you need to check out a lot of different photos to get an impression what exactly you are getting if you decide to buy something with it.

Edit: On the upside it means that Raz can post lots of different photos and the IEM will always look a little different :wink:

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #13,668 of 23,560
Love for the universal version, hate for the custom version?
Isn't the custom version what was intended?

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #13,670 of 23,560
Yea it's very hard to get a good pic of the Nio. I used a macro lens and played around with LED lighting to get angles and still can't fully capture how beautiful it looks in real life. I'll try again today as we finally have natural day light again after all the smoke in the western USA has finally cleared out!

Sep 20, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #13,671 of 23,560
Kinda surprised the Nio haven’t made their way to crinacle yet. I figured he would have tried them by now considering his love/hate with the universal vs custom N8.
I'm sure Crin will review it soon. Mind you, aminus gave it quite a bit of love after spending most of his review dissing it (which is, of course, par for the course). But a rating of 7/10 is higher than he gave some much more hyped IEMs of late, which does tally with my impression of 64 Audio's mature and experienced tuning capabilities. Even when they don't get it technically perfect (like Nio), they're still spot-on tonally. My personal opinion of Nio hasn't changed since day one; if anything it's improved since I paired it with a PW No. 10 8w.

Sep 20, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #13,672 of 23,560
I'm sure Crin will review it soon. Mind you, aminus gave it quite a bit of love after spending most of his review dissing it (which is, of course, par for the course). But a rating of 7/10 is higher than he gave some much more hyped IEMs of late, which does tally with my impression of 64 Audio's mature and experienced tuning capabilities. Even when they don't get it technically perfect (like Nio), they're still spot-on tonally. My personal opinion of Nio hasn't changed since day one; if anything it's improved since I paired it with a PW No. 10 8w.
There is no doubt 64 is very capable at tuning their IEM's. The Nio, Trio and u12t being the only ones I have heard from them, are tuned phenomenally. I just grabbed a set of Nio's for my buddy in the military who will get to try them tomorrow. If he doesn't like them I may keep them because I find them that enjoyable. If not I may sell them and grab sone Trio's again. Out of all the IEM's I have cycled through, the ones I miss most are the Trio and Legend X.

Sep 20, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #13,673 of 23,560
There is no doubt 64 is very capable at tuning their IEM's. The Nio, Trio and u12t being the only ones I have heard from them, are tuned phenomenally. I just grabbed a set of Nio's for my buddy in the military who will get to try them tomorrow. If he doesn't like them I may keep them because I find them that enjoyable. If not I may sell them and grab sone Trio's again. Out of all the IEM's I have cycled through, the ones I miss most are the Trio and Legend X.
I think headphones.com has an open box Trio for $1,549 which is a great deal.

Sep 20, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #13,674 of 23,560
I tried to capture the blue abalone myself and even with a Lightbox it was tough...
NioHeadfi2.jpg

Full file is much better looking but I can't bomb headfi with 130m image lmao

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #13,675 of 23,560

But you still have Legend X in your signature.

Sep 20, 2020 at 8:17 PM Post #13,680 of 23,560
Does the Tia Trio have the same bore size as the Noir? I’m really really digging the sound of the Noir but I cannot get a comfortable insertion with any type of tips.

Whichever ones I try they seem to really just sit on my ear canals rather than go inside, a bit hard to explain but it feels.. awkward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back