The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Sep 19, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #13,651 of 23,560
Sep 19, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #13,652 of 23,560
I’ve experienced issues of the tips moving from their desired position (though not of it staying in my ears).

This was specifically for tips where the shaft was quite wide and very smooth, such as the JVC Spiral Dot. I had great success using a small rubber spacer (like those for keyboards or watches) which I would put on the IEM nozzle before putting the tips on. This kept them in place securely.

The real issue I have is just keeping the tips on. An example is the Final Type E tips: when I try to put them on, they literally just slide right back off almost immediately. I have to play around with them for a bit to get them to stay on and then they'll usually pop off the nozzle when I take them out, or while they're in my ears. Seems that the paint or finish on the nozzle is a bit too smooth and slippery....

Sep 19, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #13,653 of 23,560
That's it, vitaly?

I expected a bit more enthusiasm for the new noir owner...

Impressions, evo!!!

giphy.gif

Sep 19, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #13,654 of 23,560
I don't have any issue with all my a64 iem and spinfit ear tips, cp100 and cp145.

Sep 19, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #13,655 of 23,560
The real issue I have is just keeping the tips on. An example is the Final Type E tips: when I try to put them on, they literally just slide right back off almost immediately. I have to play around with them for a bit to get them to stay on and then they'll usually pop off the nozzle when I take them out, or while they're in my ears. Seems that the paint or finish on the nozzle is a bit too smooth and slippery....
I use Azla Sedna EarFit Lights on my Nio and U12t and they don't move at all on the nozzle. They stick right where I put them with no slip.

Sep 19, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #13,656 of 23,560
Sednas grip tight, Xelastecs even tighter. Spiral Dots with Nio always stay behind in my ears, but not so with Trio. Use a SpinFit spacer on the nozzle and slide whichever tips you're using over the spacer (might be a bit finicky but you'll get there). After that they stay put. For some reason 64 Audio, Empire Ears etc. don't like to leave tip stoppers on their nozzles, so us users have to make a plan.

Sep 19, 2020 at 7:57 PM Post #13,658 of 23,560
Just wondering if anyone here ever has issues with eartips staying on the unverisal IEM models? I have a pair of u12t's and have attempted to try different tips, but most just slip off the nozzle (even the included silicone tips have slipped off inside my ear). The only eartips I can get to stay on are the Spinfit C100s...
The SpinFits come with those little white spacers that can stretch over the 64audio nozzle, then when you put the tips on they can grip to that.

Sep 20, 2020 at 12:26 AM Post #13,660 of 23,560
Symbios fit perfect on U12T and Trio, never slipped off.

Sep 20, 2020 at 1:59 AM Post #13,661 of 23,560
Sep 20, 2020 at 4:13 AM Post #13,662 of 23,560

I finally got a chance to demo the 64 Audio Nio the past couple weeks, thanks to Headphones.com. I wrapped up a review of it and posted it here:
https://www.audiodiscourse.com/2020/09/64-audio-nio-review.html
Nice review, well written and articulated. You captured the essence of the Nio perfectly. It's one of those IEMs that, for me, I can just put on and listen to anything with and it'll make it sound good, relaxed, warm and embracing. It doesn't call attention to itself or flood you with a wall of details, but rather just lets you lose yourself in the music.

Sep 20, 2020 at 5:31 AM Post #13,664 of 23,560
I don't have my A18s here but that looks too blue and too uniform. My faceplate definitely shifted colour in the light.

Don't get me wrong it's a great picture and it gets the blue shade out.

I'm not sure if it's even possible to get a great picture that properly shows off all the shades in the colouring. If I have some time when I get mine back I'll also give it a go.

It's a lot like mother of pearl in that respect.

Sep 20, 2020 at 5:37 AM Post #13,665 of 23,560
I don't have my A18s here but that looks too blue and too uniform. My faceplate definitely shifted colour in the light.

Don't get me wrong it's a great picture and it gets the blue shade out.

I'm not sure if it's even possible to get a great picture that properly shows off all the shades in the colouring. If I have some time when I get mine back I'll also give it a go.

It's a lot like mother of pearl in that respect.
You’d need an extremely high quality camera and perfect lighting to get every nuance out of it. I like this photo cause it managed to capture the essence of it on some level but you’re right, there’s a lot more to it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back