The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Sep 17, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #13,576 of 23,562
With only slight different in price as U12T, the U18T is no brainer.
Maybe I can get the u18t now and a12t later as in several months or next year the a12t would probably have another sales campaign in Thailand for around the same price. But as for the u18t I am not sure if it will be deeply discounted in future thailand sales campaign or not.

Does anyone know if 64 audio have any recent sales campaign in United States as well and what are the usual discounted prices?

Also does anyone know what are the usual preowned U12t and u18t price range in USA for warranty / no warranty ?

Thanks

Sep 17, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #13,577 of 23,562
Vitaly said on their Instagram Q&A video that they won't be releasing a new flagship anytime soon, but they will be releasing something before the end of the year. :wink:

Ohhh sweet maybe a new trio hehe 😍🥰🤩

Sep 17, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #13,578 of 23,562
Vitaly said on their Instagram Q&A video that they won't be releasing a new flagship anytime soon, but they will be releasing something before the end of the year. :wink:

well end of the year is not exactly soon, still a chance for a flagship I reckon :grinning:

Sep 17, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #13,580 of 23,562
Noooo, not so soon, let me enjoy my Trio for a while more :)

Haha I wont mind a special edition trio 😛🤩😜
Would be an epic combo set of collectibles.

Woder what are missing in the 64a iems lines? And what will be the new iem for?
Dont we have all types and styles covered?

Sep 17, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #13,581 of 23,562
Personally, the one thing I would not mind seeing is more entry-level universals. If you think back to their previous products they had the likes of the U4, U4SE and U8. These would be great entry points for others to get into and experience the 64 Audio legacy. In fact that is where I first started, and right now a newcomer would not have that option. The "entry level" was at $2k for a long time (U12t) and is now still at $1700 (Nio).

The don't have to have all the bells and whistles, like tia and LID, just some moderately priced BA and/or DD drivers and apex. Also a great way to increase the income stream - a better option in my mind than adding new cases and cables.

Plus, if I had the option of a "much cheaper" 64 Audio model for everyday use / travel / coffee shop that would be awesome - I'm not particularly keen on using my $2k+ IEMs outside of dust- and smoke-free room handled with white cotton gloves :p

Sep 17, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #13,583 of 23,562
Haha I wont mind a special edition trio 😛🤩😜
Would be an epic combo set of collectibles.

Woder what are missing in the 64a iems lines? And what will be the new iem for?
Dont we have all types and styles covered?
Something towards the "budget" end would be nice for a change.

Sep 17, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #13,584 of 23,562
Personally, the one thing I would not mind seeing is more entry-level universals. If you think back to their previous products they had the likes of the U4, U4SE and U8. These would be great entry points for others to get into and experience the 64 Audio legacy. In fact that is where I first started, and right now a newcomer would not have that option. The "entry level" was at $2k for a long time (U12t) and is now still at $1700 (Nio).

The don't have to have all the bells and whistles, like tia and LID, just some moderately priced BA and/or DD drivers and apex. Also a great way to increase the income stream - a better option in my mind than adding new cases and cables.

Plus, if I had the option of a "much cheaper" 64 Audio model for everyday use / travel / coffee shop that would be awesome - I'm not particularly keen on using my $2k+ IEMs outside of dust- and smoke-free room handled with white cotton gloves :p
This would be my thoughts about the upcoming release as well. They don't have anything priced below $1,699 and if they could tap into that "lower end" market they could get more 64 Audio IEM's in people's hands and ears. Once you hook someone with an overall sound profile they like you often get repeat buyers of that manufacturer's products. And their hope would be that once indoctrinated those people would upgrade within the 64 Audio family as well. They certainly got their hooks into me. I haven't heard a 64 Audio IEM that I thought was bad; although the Trio had the slightest bit too much treble peak for my ears, but overall that is a great IEM. And now I have the Nio and the U12t (the recent discounts moved me to buy the U12t). It's weird because I have tried a lot of IEM's from many different companies and it's only the 64 Audio ones that I've liked.

Sep 17, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #13,585 of 23,562
Maybe I can get the u18t now and a12t later as in several months or next year the a12t would probably have another sales campaign in Thailand for around the same price. But as for the u18t I am not sure if it will be deeply discounted in future thailand sales campaign or not.

Does anyone know if 64 audio have any recent sales campaign in United States as well and what are the usual discounted prices?

Also does anyone know what are the usual preowned U12t and u18t price range in USA for warranty / no warranty ?

Thanks

They had a recent one around one of our holidays - Labor Day. Typically their sales do either 15% or 20% off.

Sep 17, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #13,586 of 23,562
I’ve listened to a few different cables with the Trio. Some I own, some I’ve borrowed and some I’ve spent time with auditioning. These are some of my thoughts on them. Bear in mind this was how they sound to my ears, and of course we are all different in what we like and hear. Anyway:

Effect Audio Eros II
This was the first aftermarket cable I tried. The Eros II really opened up the upper mids and the top end of the Trio but I felt it left the bottom end a bit wanting. This to me was a shame as the Trio has a great low end.

Effect Audio Thor Silver II
This to me was less bright than the Eros II, but the sound felt a bit thicker. It still had a top end but it seemed more smoothed off. It also brought in a bit more bass. My overall impression was that this cable was starting give some synergy between lows, mids and highs.

Effect Audio Lionheart
Now this was nice. It was the cable equivalent of floating along on warm syrupy honey. I still find this cable difficult to describe. What bit did what? I don’t care. I just wanted to curl up in its arms and fall asleep.

PlusSound Exo GPS
Smooth with some detail is how I remember this. It was a really good pairing with the Trio and I recall enjoying its easy going signature and the separation between instruments. The top end was not bright and I don’t recall the low end being too enhanced either. I think the word balanced is what I would say.

PW Audio No.5
Now this is a quality copper cable and also not that expensive either. This is what I would describe as a warm and cuddly cable. But don’t let that fool you as the No.5 punches well above its weight and can hold its own with the Trio.

Effect Audio Thor Silver II +
A step up from the standard TS II, here everything is tightened up and taken up a notch. Highs become more detailed, mids become more clear and the bass hits a little harder. IMO a very good pairing with the Trio.

Effect Audio Leonidas II
I recall this having lots of detail while opening up the mids and top end of the Trio. Although I really liked the clarity this bought, I found it a little thin on the lows and it didn’t have that bit of ‘umph’ in the Trio bass that I like. This is a very good cable though and quite popular.

Satin Audio Hyperion 8 Wire
This was a fairly inexpensive cable, relative to this hobby of course. This was a touch above the stock premium cable IMO in sound but was also an SPC. I think for the price (again relative) you are getting a good deal. It was also possibly the nicest feeling cable I’d handled.

Effect Audio Horus
This was a top quality cable. It sounded lovely. It felt balanced and just seemed to do everything well. It was like the little bears porridge in the Goldilocks story, it was ‘just right’. If I’d only had the cash when I auditioned it I would have bought it right there and then.

PW Audio 1950’s
I haven’t yet found the words to describe this cable. It is just on another level. I haven’t spent very long with this yet, but with the listening I have done, I already feel that it is something special. It is not a cable you would use for every day bopping I don’t think, but more where you want to sit back in a quiet room and just listen to how it portrays your music.

Ha ha...Feels like I’m making a long list. I hope it is of some use though 😃
PW1950’s are great. You can use them daily by the way. Enjoy.

Sep 17, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #13,587 of 23,562
I actually may give Satin Audio a try. They seem to have good build and material at a competitive price point. I wonder how they compete w/ its competitors such as Effect and PWAudio

Sep 17, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #13,588 of 23,562
They had a recent one around one of our holidays - Labor Day. Typically their sales do either 15% or 20% off.
I see. Thanks for the info.

Sep 17, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #13,589 of 23,562
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back