The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Oct 12, 2019 at 5:29 AM Post #8,102 of 23,561
Just put up my review of the Trio if anyone wants to have a read :)

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/64audio-trio.22895/reviews#review-22764

Everyone has their own priorities, I guess, but I am always puzzled over people who pay so much attention to packaging (which you list as the sole weak point). I take the IEMs out of the packaging and never look at it again.

I would rather companies spend that money on build quality and sound than a pretty and expensive box which gets put in the closet.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2019 at 6:10 AM Post #8,103 of 23,561
Everyone has their own priorities, I guess, but I am always puzzled over people who pay so much attention to packaging (which you list as the sole weak point). I take the IEMs out of the packaging and never look at it again.

I would rather companies spend that money on build quality and sound than a pretty and expensive box which gets put in the closet.
I agree, but when i was comparing it to what Sony was offering, it would be amiss not to mention it...

Oct 17, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #8,107 of 23,561
Anyone else find that after trying to take off the U18t, the eartip slides off and stays inside the ear? This happens to the factory silicon tip as well as my spinfits.
What spinfits are you using? I have the fourte's and not sure if the nozzle size is the same as the U18's but i don't have this issue with CP145.

Oct 17, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #8,108 of 23,561
Anyone else find that after trying to take off the U18t, the eartip slides off and stays inside the ear? This happens to the factory silicon tip as well as my spinfits.

I had this problem with my trios and spiral dot++. Easy fix for me was tilting my head to the side and then slowly taking them out By lifting them up. Also make sure your not pushing the nozzle to far in. Mine seal just around the edge of my ear canal

Oct 17, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #8,109 of 23,561
What spinfits are you using? I have the fourte's and not sure if the nozzle size is the same as the U18's but i don't have this issue with CP145.

CP500 (5.5mm bore) which I had from my previous IEMs. I will try something with a smaller bore hole. I really like the spinfit shape as it is the only tip I used that makes a good seal with my ears.

Oct 17, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #8,110 of 23,561
I had this problem with my trios and spiral dot++. Easy fix for me was tilting my head to the side and then slowly taking them out By lifting them up. Also make sure your not pushing the nozzle to far in. Mine seal just around the edge of my ear canal

I did try to wiggle it when removing but it seems that the tube from my U18t is a bit too smooth. sometimes it works but sometimes not.

Oct 17, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #8,111 of 23,561
Owners of SP1000 and Tia Fourte - can you share your EQ to bring out the vocals? The combo is incredible for classical music and EDM but vocal sounds a bit recessed.

Oct 17, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #8,112 of 23,561
Owners of SP1000 and Tia Fourte - can you share your EQ to bring out the vocals? The combo is incredible for classical music and EDM but vocal sounds a bit recessed.

If you are referring to SPK native EQ, its semi-parametric EQ is so subtle that you hardly hear any adjustment in sound.

Oct 17, 2019 at 7:11 PM Post #8,113 of 23,561
I feel it would be better to cable or tip roll than mess adjusting frequency levels.

Oct 17, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #8,114 of 23,561
That happened to me on multiple occasions with the Spinfits. I wrapped a very small piece of tape over the bore of the U18T and put the Spinfits back over it. They have never come off in my ears again. I hope that helps.

Oct 17, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #8,115 of 23,561
That happened to me on multiple occasions with the SpinFits. My remedy was to wrap small pieces of tape over the bore of the U18T before reapplying the SpinFits. They have not come off again. Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

• dkjh
Back