The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Oct 3, 2019 at 8:55 PM Post #8,071 of 23,568
Same price, i'd take the tia trio.
oh wait, I actually did that :)

And I picked the A12t, but it was because I already had an Empire Ears Legend X and did not want two IEMs with dynamic driver bass. :)

Oct 3, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #8,072 of 23,568
Anyone who has listened to both would you take the trio or the u12t for the same price? In leaning to the trio because I'm a bass head but it seems people prefer the 12

If you want bass, you have to go with Trio.

Oct 3, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #8,073 of 23,568
Thanks for the quick replies, it seems the trio is one of the best DD offerings in this tier. Comfort, lid/tia/apex, all seem like nice bonuses too.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #8,074 of 23,568
Thanks for the quick replies, it seems the trio is one of the best DD offerings in this tier. Comfort, lid/tia/apex, all seem like nice bonuses too.

The Trio sounds great. I would have gotten it if I didn’t have a Legend X.

Oct 3, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #8,075 of 23,568
Anyone who has listened to both would you take the trio or the u12t for the same price? In leaning to the trio because I'm a bass head but it seems people prefer the 12
If you're clearly defined as a Bass Head. Go for the Trio. DD low end is another world that U12t can't deliver.

Oct 3, 2019 at 11:34 PM Post #8,076 of 23,568
Roughly 2 weeks till my A12T’s get here. These are my first customs, and I can’t wait! Hope they’re a *slight* upgrade from AirPods.

Oct 3, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #8,077 of 23,568
Roughly 2 weeks till my A12T’s get here. These are my first customs, and I can’t wait! Hope they’re a *slight* upgrade from AirPods.
For sure you will be really happy. give a couple weeks to get use to the customs and you won't want any universals anymore.

Oct 4, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #8,078 of 23,568
Actually Crinacle graph makes a bit of sense. the material of the tube will affect the amplitude, it can have a dampening effect

I'm in

I believe the material between the three tubes on the graph were identical. Their lengths were what was altered. I had initially assumed differences in length that small wouldn't affect the amplitude of the output by that much, but I was mistaken.

Ooh, considering a purchase, I see? :wink:

Oct 4, 2019 at 5:10 AM Post #8,079 of 23,568
It's nice to see the trio get this much love. My father's birthday is around the corner and I'm planning on getting him a pair. He isn't going to really use anything other than his iPhone and Spotify, but I feel like the trio is one of the best IEMs you can get for that kind of use case :)

Oct 4, 2019 at 5:18 AM Post #8,080 of 23,568
Sending mine back unfortunately due to defects and the mid range.
Just to clarify on my thoughts. In terms of acoustics, I was curious not just about the length of tubing used, but also the housing which channels all six drivers into that tube. How they both in conjunction might be affecting the sound.

y8Z7udK.jpg
rEpnYep.jpg

Thanks for the replies, this is i think the friendliest thread i've come across in headfi so far.

Oct 4, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #8,081 of 23,568
Sending mine back unfortunately due to defects and the mid range.
Just to clarify on my thoughts. In terms of acoustics, I was curious not just about the length of tubing used, but also the housing which channels all six drivers into that tube. How they both in conjunction might be affecting the sound.

y8Z7udK.jpg
rEpnYep.jpg

Thanks for the replies, this is i think the friendliest thread i've come across in headfi so far.

Hi ChrisIsAwesome,

Sorry about those defects! We're surprised to see something like this out in the wild. You deserve nothing less than a pristine product and as long as the community continues to reveal moments like these it reminds us that we can always improve our processes for the benefit of our customers.

Thanks again for sharing and if there's anything else you might need don't hesitate to reach out. We're looking forward to making this right :)

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Oct 7, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #8,082 of 23,568
so whats the consensus on tip rolling, I ordered my trio I might be fine with stock but my right ear usually requires a pretty deep insertion. I think someone said the spiral dots were good, was going to order the ML size and maybe M/L . Ive also had luck with flange tips but theres none included...

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #8,083 of 23,568
so whats the consensus on tip rolling, I ordered my trio I might be fine with stock but my right ear usually requires a pretty deep insertion. I think someone said the spiral dots were good, was going to order the ML size and maybe M/L . Ive also had luck with flange tips but theres none included...
For deep insertion and isolation the Spinfit dual flange works pretty good and it is the best one to compensate ear sizing difference.

Oct 8, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #8,084 of 23,568
20191007_115133-01.jpeg

I actually look forward to work nowadays, because I get to listen to music through the A12T..

I occasionally visit Music Sanctuary and have a re-listen to some iems again (just to confirm with myself that I did not end up with the wrong iems!), namely qdc anole vx, a18t, fourte and a few others. Each time i do, it just makes me happier about my decision to go with the A12T. It really is the perfect sound signature for my ears.

Went to Music Sanctuary again today to pick up my Plussound X6 cable, but unfortunately they built it wrong and gave me braided L R cables instead of twisted cables like I ordered.. I know, small thing, but then again I paid for these cables and paid for a custom option, so ideally I'd like to get the cable made to the correct options selected. So didn't bring the cables home and waiting for rectification. I guess will be listening using the stock cable and ibasso amp1 for a bit longer (ordered 4.4mm plug for use with amp8 module). Am just thankful it sounds pretty awesome already with the stock cable.

By the way, 64audio peeps, great job with the A12T. Custom mold fit perfectly first time round! Really great build quality too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back