The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Oct 10, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #8,086 of 23,565
Trios are here... These are a whole new beast. The lid tech works so well I was shocked how good they sounded out of my s9. Totl detail and 3d stage in such a small convenient package, now I just need a good dap. At first they sounded a bit off but they really get in your head, and out of it. Using ML JVC spiral dots and very happy

Oct 10, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #8,089 of 23,565
20191010_143628.jpg

got the dignis arca case for my N8's today. The stock 64 audio case is awesome and well thought out, but doesn't really have space for anything else. The Arca has just enough space for the N8s, Earstudio ES100, ifi IEmatch, and 2 adapters.
Was stinking expensive for what it is, but I haven't found anything equivalent cases. Didn't want a huge and heavy pelican case, and those don't have any organization features.

Oct 10, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #8,090 of 23,565

got the dignis arca case for my N8's today. The stock 64 audio case is awesome and well thought out, but doesn't really have space for anything else. The Arca has just enough space for the N8s, Earstudio ES100, ifi IEmatch, and 2 adapters.
Was stinking expensive for what it is, but I haven't found anything equivalent cases. Didn't want a huge and heavy pelican case, and those don't have any organization features.
Nice arrangement, I carry a BTR3 and a short adapter cable. but quick question, does the ifi iMatch makes any difference with the N8? I would expect the 64a LID technology to do that job.

Oct 10, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #8,091 of 23,565
I primarily use the ifi IEmatch when I use the n8 with the e1da powerdac v2. The iematch serves as a pad to keep the powerdac from blowing up my ears/the n8s.
My understanding is that output impedance of a source affects the low end, and discriminates with balanced armature drivers? So I think since the n8 has a dynamic driver for the subwoofer, LID doesnt do a whole lot?

Nice arrangement, I carry a BTR3 and a short adapter cable. but quick question, does the ifi iMatch makes any difference with the N8? I would expect the 64a LID technology to do that job.

Oct 10, 2019 at 11:48 PM Post #8,092 of 23,565
Doing a swap of the VX for u12t in a couple weeks. I want to reuse the cable I had built with reverse polarity because QDC for some weird reason does that as a thing.

Does the polarity really matter for an iem?

Oct 11, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #8,093 of 23,565
Doing a swap of the VX for u12t in a couple weeks. I want to reuse the cable I had built with reverse polarity because QDC for some weird reason does that as a thing.

Does the polarity really matter for an iem?
Just change both 2-pins and there will be no problem. If the polarity of only one iem is changed you will notice t very fast. You may test it at this site https://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php at chapter wiring

Oct 11, 2019 at 4:24 AM Post #8,094 of 23,565
Trios are here... These are a whole new beast. The lid tech works so well I was shocked how good they sounded out of my s9. Totl detail and 3d stage in such a small convenient package, now I just need a good dap. At first they sounded a bit off but they really get in your head, and out of it. Using ML JVC spiral dots and very happy
I'm really glad to hear that, I am placing an order for my father's birthday (he will be using them with his iPhone, no way he carries a DAP around), and I think the trio is hands down the best IEM you can get if you aren't looking to massively upgrade the rest of your setup, more so than a phone or whatever

Oct 11, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #8,096 of 23,565
u12/a12t don't know the meaning of the word, "thin."

enjoy, man.

Oct 11, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #8,097 of 23,565
Just change both 2-pins and there will be no problem. If the polarity of only one iem is changed you will notice t very fast. You may test it at this site https://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php at chapter wiring
Its going to cost me about $70 usd to get it redone by Triton (and mailing time). So I'd want to avoid.

I already did the polarity tests with both cables off my A6t. No issues at all, regardless of whether of whether each cable was regular or reversed.

Hoping 64 can shed some light on this.

Oct 11, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #8,098 of 23,565
Its going to cost me about $70 usd to get it redone by Triton (and mailing time). So I'd want to avoid.

I already did the polarity tests with both cables off my A6t. No issues at all, regardless of whether of whether each cable was regular or reversed.

Hoping 64 can shed some light on this.
I think you got me wrong. There will be a problem if you change for example only the left side of one cable and leave the right one. If you reverse the polarity on left and right than there will be no problem.

Oct 11, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #8,099 of 23,565
just received my a12t and love it... i was finding back in black by ac/dc sounding very thin on everything i had, and i thought it was a bad recording... nah i just had poor gear... loving the a12t... a lot of money though :)

How long did 64 Audio take to make and deliver your A12T’s?

Oct 11, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #8,100 of 23,565
I think you got me wrong. There will be a problem if you change for example only the left side of one cable and leave the right one. If you reverse the polarity on left and right than there will be no problem.
Ah perfect then, that was the only situation in which the phase tests failed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back