The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Sep 11, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #7,891 of 23,556
hmm, so many new iems to listen to!

i'm extremely satisfied with the A18, to the point i'm not looking to purchase anything else right now.

that said, i would love to hear:

- fourte noir
- ve8
- solaris
- kahn
- z1r

my next purchase will likely be a dap.

also would love to buy the pw 1950 cable for the a18, but can't justify the expense atm.

Sep 11, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #7,892 of 23,556
@BananaOoyoo

curious to hear in more detail what you like about the VX. Care to share some deets?
If you’re on the lookout for a new somewhat unconventional IEM I am receiving a VE Elysium for my cake day tomorrow and I’ll be sure to share some impressions :)

Add: the Fourte Noir makes for an amazing complement to the A18t imo, they’re both insanely good IEMs with a similar level of technicality but a different presentation

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #7,893 of 23,556
i wanna start with the ve8.

from what i've read, i still feel like i've heard the most good stuff about that one. i already spoke to ve about demoing, just not really keen on spending $100 to have to ship internationally...but that's not ve's fault.

i also generally like to listen to things that have been around for a while, so i can appreciate the progress that's been made when i listen to the newest gear. for that reason also, i'd like to hear the ve8 first.

hope you enjoy the elysium...you've been on quite a buying binge lately, man.

and happy birthday!

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #7,894 of 23,556
i wanna start with the ve8.

from what i've read, i still feel like i've heard the most good stuff about that one. i already spoke to ve about demoing, just not really keen on spending $100 to have to ship internationally...but that's not ve's fault.

i also like generally like to listen to things that have been around for a while, so i can appreciate the progress that's been made when i listen to the newest gear. for that reason also, i'd like to hear the ve8 first.

hope you enjoy the elysium...you've been on quite a buying binge lately, man.

and happy birthday!
I heard them both and while I do appreciate the VE8’s performance and warmth, the Elysium is more down my alley - extremely mid/high centric. I think it makes for a really good co-flagship rather than a TOTL though - its a good approach to sort of make your way through their line in a chronological order though!

Yeahhhh once I was able to justify one TOTL I kinda justified a whole bunch of them too... but for now I think I’m pretty settled within the whole audio game, will probably be taking a bit of a break

Thank you! :)

Sep 11, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #7,895 of 23,556
Thanks for the replies although very helpful also very confusing since they are very different. II wonder if any of you can compare them on how they differ from lcd2 or focal elear. They are ones I'm familiar with. I think the elear is more dynamic and the lcd2 more relaxed. Somewhere in the middle of those 2 would be perfect. Thanks again

The A12 and A18 are 64 Audio’s best customs. Noble has the Custom Encore and now a Custom Khan, but the IEM I recommend above all others at the moment is the QDC Custom Anole VX. You can get it from MusicTeck. I own the Noble Encore Custom and the 64 Audio Fourte and the QDC Anole VX is just better. I did own a Noble Khan and returned it. You need to listen for yourself though and you can also read about it on the QDC Thread. The A12, A18 and Anole VX are all top notch though and should not disappoint. But definitely try to listen to the universal versions to make sure you pick what you feel is the best. Enjoy the journey.

Ehhh I’d disagree, between the Katana, the Anole, the 12 and the 18 id probably place the Anole last. Sure it sounds natural and has that bass slam but it doesn’t have anywhere near the technicality of any of the three 64 IEMs you listed. Soundstage is pretty narrow too and instrumental separation is okay

I’d place it close to the Katana, but I’d still rather have the Katana for the lower bass quantity

Sep 11, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #7,896 of 23,556
Thanks for the replies although very helpful also very confusing since they are very different. II wonder if any of you can compare them on how they differ from lcd2 or focal elear. They are ones I'm familiar with. I think the elear is more dynamic and the lcd2 more relaxed. Somewhere in the middle of those 2 would be perfect. Thanks again
Hmmm I’d say the Noir is the closest experience you can get to the Elear, and a bit more refined at that

The LCD2 is somewhat more airy from what I remember, I’d say the U18t might be a good match for it but again, at a higher level of performance

Sep 11, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #7,897 of 23,556
If you’re on the lookout for a new somewhat unconventional IEM I am receiving a VE Elysium for my cake day tomorrow and I’ll be sure to share some impressions :)

Add: the Fourte Noir makes for an amazing complement to the A18t imo, they’re both insanely good IEMs with a similar level of technicality but a different presentation
I am dying to hear the Vision Ears. Please let us know all your thoughts on the Elysium. Unfortunately I have no way to hear them. I would love to demo it and the VE8. Tks.

Sep 11, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #7,898 of 23,556
Anybody know how often Audio 64 runs their sales, or if there’s a current sale/discount running somewhere? Those A12T’s sound right up my alley.

Sep 11, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #7,899 of 23,556
Yeah I think I’m a bit peculiar in that sense because I really dislike bass and love good mids and especially highs (never a V though)

The Noir for example I spent a week finding ways to slaughter its midbass without having to resort to an EQ :D
If you have a chance, give the UM Maven a try, that thing has incredible Mid/highs.

Sep 11, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #7,900 of 23,556
Loving my Noirs more and more.

The only problem is that I’ve taken to listening to them on my home system, which sounds incredible. This means that when I listen to them on my AK SP1000M, the sound just can’t compete (even though it’s a really great portable DAP).

Sep 12, 2019 at 2:55 AM Post #7,903 of 23,556
Loving my Noirs more and more.

The only problem is that I’ve taken to listening to them on my home system, which sounds incredible. This means that when I listen to them on my AK SP1000M, the sound just can’t compete (even though it’s a really great portable DAP).
Isn't the power of a home system a bit much for them?

I'm currently getting the best result off the RME ADI2 DAC, and the SP1000M being a close second

Sep 12, 2019 at 3:17 AM Post #7,904 of 23,556
Isn't the power of a home system a bit much for them?

I'm currently getting the best result off the RME ADI2 DAC, and the SP1000M being a close second

They seem to scale well. And depending on the model I think the LID tech works well and handling various power loads. I recently plugged my U12t's into my Audio-gd R28 (9W monster) and on low gain it worked incredibly well, without even needing an impedance adapter (like the iFi ieMatch) in the chain.

Sep 12, 2019 at 3:46 AM Post #7,905 of 23,556
They seem to scale well. And depending on the model I think the LID tech works well and handling various power loads. I recently plugged my U12t's into my Audio-gd R28 (9W monster) and on low gain it worked incredibly well, without even needing an impedance adapter (like the iFi ieMatch) in the chain.
Damn I need to try that then!

The Noir doesn’t have the LID though, that’s why it scales so well I think

Users who are viewing this thread

Back