The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Sep 10, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #7,876 of 23,490
Thanks for reaching out.

I agree with those who commented about this. Cost aside, you deserve a perfect product as advertised without defects.

I've just checked in with our Customer Support team and you're on the list to be answered. Forgive us, we're still squashing bugs from the new system/website updates and we're giving it our best to answer everyone in a timely manner.
Oh thank you so much for the reply!

Yeah no worries, whenever you guys get around to it give me a shout :)

Sep 11, 2019 at 2:21 AM Post #7,878 of 23,490
Hello been away from this for far too long. Looking into getting another chem and the a12t is the first I'm looking at. Any others I should consider? How do they compare to noble katana or campfire (whichever is their ciem) I need new ciem sorry tips rolling is not in my future only chem for me. TIA
The A12 and A18 are 64 Audio’s best customs. Noble has the Custom Encore and now a Custom Khan, but the IEM I recommend above all others at the moment is the QDC Custom Anole VX. You can get it from MusicTeck. I own the Noble Encore Custom and the 64 Audio Fourte and the QDC Anole VX is just better. I did own a Noble Khan and returned it. You need to listen for yourself though and you can also read about it on the QDC Thread. The A12, A18 and Anole VX are all top notch though and should not disappoint. But definitely try to listen to the universal versions to make sure you pick what you feel is the best. Enjoy the journey.

Sep 11, 2019 at 5:47 AM Post #7,879 of 23,490
The A12 and A18 are 64 Audio’s best customs. Noble has the Custom Encore and now a Custom Khan, but the IEM I recommend above all others at the moment is the QDC Custom Anole VX. You can get it from MusicTeck. I own the Noble Encore Custom and the 64 Audio Fourte and the QDC Anole VX is just better. I did own a Noble Khan and returned it. You need to listen for yourself though and you can also read about it on the QDC Thread. The A12, A18 and Anole VX are all top notch though and should not disappoint. But definitely try to listen to the universal versions to make sure you pick what you feel is the best. Enjoy the journey.
Ehhh I’d disagree, between the Katana, the Anole, the 12 and the 18 id probably place the Anole last. Sure it sounds natural and has that bass slam but it doesn’t have anywhere near the technicality of any of the three 64 IEMs you listed. Soundstage is pretty narrow too and instrumental separation is okay

I’d place it close to the Katana, but I’d still rather have the Katana for the lower bass quantity

Sep 11, 2019 at 7:15 AM Post #7,881 of 23,490
Ehhh I’d disagree, between the Katana, the Anole, the 12 and the 18 id probably place the Anole last. Sure it sounds natural and has that bass slam but it doesn’t have anywhere near the technicality of any of the three 64 IEMs you listed. Soundstage is pretty narrow too and instrumental separation is okay

I’d place it close to the Katana, but I’d still rather have the Katana for the lower bass quantity

It's interesting how different individual preferences can be. I'd put the VX first like @Frankie D, but I'd say that the U12t and U18t are right up there with it. Katana... I didn't find to belong in that same conversation at all.

Sep 11, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #7,882 of 23,490
It's interesting how different individual preferences can be. I'd put the VX first like @Frankie D, but I'd say that the U12t and U18t are right up there with it. Katana... I didn't find to belong in that same conversation at all.
Yeah I think I’m a bit peculiar in that sense because I really dislike bass and love good mids and especially highs (never a V though)

The Noir for example I spent a week finding ways to slaughter its midbass without having to resort to an EQ :D

Sep 11, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #7,883 of 23,490
personal...preferences...guys.

this is one of the only threads i check on head-fi...hate seeing it veer off track into the mud.

a18's the best iem i've heard, but it doesn't make it the best iem.

would love to hear the VX and khan...hopefully will have a chance to soon.

Sep 11, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #7,884 of 23,490

this is one of the only threads i check on head-fi...hate seeing it veer off track into the mud.

My first sentence was literally "It's interesting how different individual preferences can be." People talking about whether they prefer the technicalities of the U18t vs. Anole VX is anything but having the thread veer off track.

Sep 11, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #7,885 of 23,490
your post was fine, dude!

Sep 11, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #7,886 of 23,490

I probably almost completely disagree with what you like in sound. You do not like tight bass or the amount. Based on your previous posts you want lighter bass that what is real. The Anole VX is closer to what was recorded in terms of the amount of bass it offers.
As for midrange, it is superior to the others. You even said it sounds natural. It is not a V shaped sound which is why you may not like it. In terms of soundstage, vocal presence, etc, it is actually superior to the others.
But this is why I also say to demo for yourself. Use our opinions to create a list, but we all need to hear them for ourselves.
By the way, I always do pay attention to what you like and dislike, we just disagree a bit, but that is fine. What you like will always be something I will want to checkout as well to be sure. Tks.

Sep 11, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #7,887 of 23,490

We were not veering off track. One person asked what IEM’s he should check out as he has been away for awhile. That is why I listed a few different ones.
By the way, I always pay attention to what you like as well. Tks.

Sep 11, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #7,888 of 23,490
I probably almost completely disagree with what you like in sound. You do not like tight bass or the amount. Based on your previous posts you want lighter bass that what is real. The Anole VX is closer to what was recorded in terms of the amount of bass it offers.
As for midrange, it is superior to the others. You even said it sounds natural. It is not a V shaped sound which is why you may not like it. In terms of soundstage, vocal presence, etc, it is actually superior to the others.
But this is why I also say to demo for yourself. Use our opinions to create a list, but we all need to hear them for ourselves.
By the way, I always do pay attention to what you like and dislike, we just disagree a bit, but that is fine. What you like will always be something I will want to checkout as well to be sure. Tks.
Yeah definitely on the lighter-than-actual bass hehe :) the U18t I use with the FiR 13 modules and they sound so open and beautiful

No no definitely, I did like the Anole VX, I just didn’t absolutely love it per say. Imo it makes for a great overall/daily IEM, but I just wasn’t completely feeling it when I listened to it. A bit of a “like not love” sort of feeling

Hey as long as the discussion is alive all is well and all is good!

Sep 11, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #7,889 of 23,490
@BananaOoyoo

curious to hear in more detail what you like about the VX. Care to share some deets?

Sep 11, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #7,890 of 23,490
@BananaOoyoo

curious to hear in more detail what you like about the VX. Care to share some deets?

About the VX? I'm not really sure what there isn't to like about it. It's a reference-y IEM with fantastic resolution and tonality, and I think the only reason I'm not looking to get one is because I already have the Hidition Viento, which, despite having a different tuning, fills a similar niche. Fantastic all-rounder IEM.

That said, if you already have the K10, Noble Khan might be the most interesting option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back